Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd owner 2nd Engine - effects the value?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Streamlined
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
The carfax buyback was worthless. I found there's so much fine print and loopholes for them to get out of that basically the car is stuck as yours. (i.e. you HAVE to register for the buyback coverage within a certain time frame of purchase and MUST do all the steps otherwise its negligent, the dealer must show proof that they took reasonable steps to fix your problem and/or did not take steps that would have let yhrn know about it under reasonable circumstances and so forth!)

That stinks As always I am torn about used cars but in this case hope to find a good one since there are owners out there who take care of their Porsches.

By the by, I called a local Porsche dealer service dept to ask about running VIN numbers and they said they won't do it without the owner's authorization - kinda makes pre-emptive checking impossible. Even if paying for their pre purchase inspection with the car on hand they said they won't reveal the service history without "authorization" - is this normal or just Sonnen? I called Steven's Creek to ask them as well and after being handed around was stuck on terminal hold :P

Quick Reply: 2nd owner 2nd Engine - effects the value?