Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a scam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of selling my beat up F150. One of the messages I received this was this one. It's a new varient on the scam. I like the 'e-check' thing.. er... yeah.. right.. now I'm going to go to the hassle of printing out a bad check myself and then trying to cash it? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Good Day

How are you today? i am happy to read your email concerning the
sale of your vehicle,i am intrested in it and willing to purchase it as soon
as possible. I will handle the shipment myself via my company shippers, They will come for pick up when you must have gotten your cash at hand from the bank. They will prepare all shipment papers and also bill of sales. The vehicle will also be insured by mycompany shippers. When you must have change the title to my name (James ********).

This is due to the fact that my mode of payment will be Via Electronic
Cashiers Cheque that you can print today and have it cashed at my bank today or yours. You will only need a business check paper to print and cash it.The check paper is sold at shopping mall or staples for just
$20 which i will add to your asking price when i send the echeck today .

Once you are satisfy with my mode of payment you can proceed to delete the advert of the car then email me your name and address and also phone number with valid email address to recieved the e-check. I will wait for your bank to clear the check and verify it before we proceed with shipment. I will await your email today if this is Okay by you.

James **********.
*** fair bend
San Antonio,Tx 78250.
At least they have a real address in San Antonio.

Anyone seen this scam before?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He doesn't even list the TechArt wheels in his email... maybe he did in the eBay ad.
In any case, it is clearly a scam. eBay forms? (harhar), poor English, no visual insp., etc. all add up to scam. eBay killed the ad and he is still trying to work those who contacted him on the side.
No phone #, address, etc. because he is likely in another country.

If you have some time and want to have fun, string him along and waste his time. Drive him nuts.
Toss your own scam his way. Tell him you have a cashier's check over the amount of his requested deposit and you will send it to him if he wires you the difference.
He will likely not repond after that.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics in fl, car in cali, and seller in the UK. hahahah nice..

It would be fun to string him along with the cashiers check scam, but I think I would rather invest my time in finding a nice 06 or 07 997s (x51 even nicer)

Its too bad, the car is nicely optioned and the color is what I want. Wish he had the camel or brown interior.

Maybe i'll email him back and ask for a vin....lol
Old 06-28-2007, 08:12 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 820 Likes on 453 Posts

Classic I agree. Be careful for folks on ebay who ask for $$$ without sending the product or ask you or offer to ship before payment. Also classic is the "can we just sell it now outside of ebay move" I got duped on that one myself when selling my old home theatre system on ebay a while back. Guy approached me outside of the auction saying he needed it ASAP and was willing to give me a fair price but not my buy it now price. Since bidding hadn't met my reserve price at that time I was like okay kool since a relisting likely was in order to try to sell it and at a lower price. Dude sent me an email page and listing from an alternate pay site (was not paypal) but one I wasn't familiar with and even sent pre-paid postage from FedEx. Turns out it was postage to Nigera somewhere and that link I clicked entering my address where I was supposed to have the payment Western Unioned to was a phone and copy of the legitimate site. The whole transaction didn't exist eventhough when I clicked the site and respective links...it responded appropriately. My lesson no international sales especially to Nigera without my $$$ 1st and NO ship it quickly NOW before the transaction is completed anymore.

This guy above is definately trying to get a quick $10k from somebody. If it was such an urgent need for the $$$ and he's selling WAAY below list then any dealer would probably cut him a check somewhere near decent on a clean oh excuse me "excellent" vehicle you'd think.

Stay away like all the guys have suggested!

Quick Reply: Is this a scam?