Sponsored by:

Re: RIP Craig Cope (CJC) / NEW Message from his family

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RIP Craig Cope (CJC) / NEW Message from his family

[This is a continuation of https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/358330-rip-craig-cope-fellow-rennlister.html]

This is a message I received from Craig's girlfriend this morning:

------------------------------
Thanks to everyone in the Rennlist community. Craig was a very good guy. We thought he would have pulled through this last operation, but unfortunately that's the one that took him. His will power to live was very, very strong -- all he was thinking off was our little boy who is only 4 years old --- they were very close to each other. He loved our son so much that he did everything the doctor said and everything in his power to live.

Life without Craig is difficult, I am taking one day at a time. I have to be there for our son. He doesn't understand why his dad is not at home. He thinks he is in heaven with his car because God needs him (that's what I told him).

He had such a great attitude, no one knew he had cancer unless he told them. He had such a good heart and soul that his personality shines out. He will be missed dearly.

Thank you all for caring, your impression of Craig is so true -- he loved the people in the Rennlist community.

Carol
------------------------------

Last edited by Soulteacher; 02-11-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

To pick up an idea that Ben brought up, I think it would be a nice gesture if we could collect some money for a gift for his four-year old son. Maybe just a little fund (other ideas are welcome).

If you would like to contribute, please send a check to:

[Personal Information Deleted After Completion of Activity]

To pay by credit card, please use PayPal. I just opened an account solely for these contributions. Pay to: [Personal Information Deleted After Completion of Activity]

I would also like to volunteer Ben to serve as comptroller. After sending your payment, please PM the amount of the check to Ben so that we can match up the numbers, and you can be assured that I’m not taking off with parts of the money.

Thanks, guys.

Last edited by Soulteacher; 07-18-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: [Personal Information Deleted After Completion of Activity]
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sure, no problem Wolfgang. I'll be glad to help. It's the least I can do.

Don't know if we could raise enough money to make a fund meaningful. Maybe some kind of memorial plaque with that pic embedded and a little inscription addressed to his son from the Rennlist community. I could put together some nice words that would make his son proud when he's old enough to read and understand, and that would make us proud as well for having done this for one of our own.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:13 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Don't know if we could raise enough money to make a fund meaningful.
The 928 forum raised $5,000 to sponsor a 928 race car engine build project last year.

Open up a paypal account to collect donations, spread the word throughout Rennlist and see what happens. I'm sure there are a few invenstment savvy people here who could setup a nice long term fund for the kid.

Or am I thinking too big her? I tend to do that.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:28 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
The 928 forum raised $5,000 to sponsor a 928 race car engine build project last year.

Open up a paypal account to collect donations, spread the word throughout Rennlist and see what happens. I'm sure there are a few invenstment savvy people here who could setup a nice long term fund for the kid.

Or am I thinking too big her? I tend to do that.
No, not at all, Hacker.

Wow, that was quite a fund raiser you guys had. Maybe for something more meaningful as the future of a fatherless son might raise even more, which would certainly have a bigger impact on his son.

Let's keep the contribution time frame open for maybe a month or so, or maybe indefinite, so long as funds still trickle in.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:49 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Open up a paypal account to collect donations, spread the word throughout Rennlist and see what happens.

Good idea!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Open up a paypal account to collect donations
Good idea. I just opened the account and added the information into post #2.

Last edited by Soulteacher; 06-13-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Excellent! Donation #1= $100.00 - Keep it coming!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
OCBen
Banned

As soon as Randy comes online he'll be able to help by making the pointer threads sticky.

I'll copy and paste the pointer thread from OT into the other forums if you like.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
I'll copy and paste the pointer thread from OT into the other forums if you like.
Ben, that would be good. Just replace the first URL (the OT one) with the URL from yesterday's thread in this forum (so that they can all see it - not all can access OT).
Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Ben, that would be good. Just replace the first URL (the OT one) with the URL from yesterday's thread in this forum (so that they can all see it - not all can access OT).
No need to. The second link will direct them to the first post here which has all the relevant links.

For those who noticed that the links weren't working, they are now.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

You might be carful here. You are dealing with a guy that had a 911. I woud say he wasn't broke. I am sure he had time to set money right. You dont want to insult her. Maybe something else may be better? What about a collage fund vs just handing over cash. What if we take the money and put it somewhere that it has a chance to grow into a dent for a collage? I feel a bit strange just handing over cash. I feel we shoudl do something he would have done for the child and now can not
Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Shark Attack
What about a college fund vs just handing over cash. What if we take the money and put it somewhere that it has a chance to grow into a dent for a college?... I feel we should do something he would have done for the child and now can not
Good point.

I'm sure that's what's intended with the idea of a fund.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

I just paypaled!
my condolences!
mk
Old 06-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shark Attack
You might be carful here. You are dealing with a guy that had a 911. I woud say he wasn't broke. I am sure he had time to set money right. You dont want to insult her. Maybe something else may be better? What about a collage fund vs just handing over cash. What if we take the money and put it somewhere that it has a chance to grow into a dent for a collage? I feel a bit strange just handing over cash. I feel we should do something he would have done for the child and now can not
Definitely, I totally agree. That's the intention, something for his son that has growth value. I agree that simply writing a check would not change anything right now: His son would not understand and Carol's loss is of a completely different nature.

Since Craig and Carol weren't married yet, a fund that can grow into something significant is probably something he hadn't taken care of yet. So, really, our 25 or 50 or 100 or 150 bucks today can really make a long-term difference. And then Craig's son will talk to our kids on Rennlist many moons from now and we regain some coolness in our kids' eyes because of what we did a long time ago... :-)

P.S.: A total of $500 from 8 donors so far. I feel GOOD about us!

Quick Reply: Re: RIP Craig Cope (CJC) / NEW Message from his family