Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I tell if my rear spoiler is deploying automatically?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007 | 01:38 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD
Think what you want. Did it on my BoxsterS several years ago; no problem.
Is this another of your many made up stories, Marcel, to try to prove that your idea is not as far fetched as it really is?

Why would you possibly want to do that on a Boxster when its spoiler does not swing out like on a 911 but is a thin 1-1/2" panel that rises straight up? I used to own one, remember?

There is no way you can possibly attach a coat hanger to that spoiler that tucks away neatly and is flush with the adjoining surface panels when closed without seriously scratching and putting dents in the body panels.

I don't believe you're that big of a fool to have tried something like that. I just believe you're nothing but a liar who tries to cover his idiotic ideas when others call him on it by making up stories, instead of admitting that it was a stupid idea all along. Remember what I told you, people here on this board are a lot smarter than those on that Mickey Mouse board you like to hang out at.
Old 06-12-2007 | 01:42 AM
4thporsche
Racer

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ah yes, welcome to the whacky world of Marcel's Madness Deluxe and his gibberish nonsensical ideas. But you already knew that about him if you've been here long enough.

Yep... I certainly remember. I know I shouldn't take the bait, but..... wasn't he banned??

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2007 | 11:41 AM
MMD
Banned

There you've proved it. Any guy who can't successfully affix a piece of wire to a spoiler has got to be..., you figure it out.

Meanwhile the real issue here is bully behavior:

We need to realize that there is another group which I would term as "online bullies" or "internet bullies" who can become equally destructive in undermining communities.

These gentlemen/ladies differ from trolls in the sense that they are not anti-social, but they are an accepted and sometimes well-respected members who assume a sort of informal and unofficial leadership role. They use this position to intimidate and assert their views on newer and less established members and often push their weight around to mark territorial rights. They will generally try and behave properly, but subtly try and behave like moderators and preach about forum behaviour. They will also turn and insult people as they wish and surprisingly other forum members will turn a blind eye to them. They will usually "adopt" ownership of
a single forum or a subforum of a board and hang out there frequently with their clan. (this feature is usually more common in larger forums)

These people are often the starting point of cliques because they can gather a group of yes-people around them in no time.

1.bullies can cause enormous damage to a forum by their behaviour.
2. bullies usually have excellent communication skills using which they attack their opponents unmercifully.
3. bullies can be intimidating to any normal forum user.
4. bullies have the effect of creating bad blood.
5. bullies are hard to control without intervention right from the top - the forum administrator(s) or owner(s) because even moderators might find it hard to control them without support from others.
6.Bullies are more or less regular forum members who might have a huge post count and a following.
7. Bullies intimidate other members by throwing their weight around and using their group of yes-people to lend force to their powerful attacks.
8. Bullies regular members and they have a huge post count.
9. Bullies enjoy fighting and run around bashing everybody who dares oppose them.
10. The potential damage done by bullies is forum-wide and not related to topics, but to the personality of the bully and the kind of respect and influence he wields.
Old 06-12-2007 | 12:16 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

How does someone accumulate 1565 posts without joining rennlist as a member?As a relative newcomer to the rennlist world i dont swing a big stick but at least im a member.
Old 06-12-2007 | 03:30 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK - I can't resist any longer...

If you have a sunroof - open the sunroof and take a picture with the camera of your choice sticking out of the sunroof and pointing aft and down towards your wing - take two pictures at 70 and two at 80 and you should have your answer.

Of course - a camera that fits in your hand "backwards" and allows access to the trigger button is your preferance - if not then set the "auto-timer" feature on the camera and hold it out the sunroof pointing at the wing - wait for the timer to trigger the camera and "bam"...

Old 06-12-2007 | 06:07 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Here is a crazy idea:

attached a piece of string to the end of the spoiler.
run the string all the way to the driver seat
once the string loses its tension you know the spoiler has deployed.
Old 06-12-2007 | 06:32 PM
AP997S
Pro

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Here is a crazy idea:

attached a piece of string to the end of the spoiler.
run the string all the way to the driver seat
once the string loses its tension you know the spoiler has deployed.
I think you almost got it now. One end of the string on the spoiler and the other end attached to his pecker. Trust me . . . When the spoiler deploys he'll know it.

Problem solved.

Last edited by aperkins; 06-12-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2007 | 06:35 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

All those solutions are fine, however what if (for instance) the string gets stretched from the wind???.... what if there is a reflection on your rear window and you can't see the coat hanger? You could be getting false answers!!!

A really good solution that will bring the whole family together while solving a "major Porsche question" would be to have your wife sit on the passenger side door (window down, feet on seat) and have the smallest child lean out of the sun roof facing backwards (wife can hold child if she is "safety concious"). As you reach speed, the wife will start yelling! The child is to confirm whether the spoiler goes up and down. The wife's yelling will probably have nothing to do with the spoiler activation!!

Question answered!! Problem solved!!! Everyone is involved in this family outing!!! Everyone happy, except wife!!!

Small price to pay for valuable knowledge.

Bonus............... next time you tell your wife you are going to your friends to do car stuff...she'll let you!
Old 06-12-2007 | 06:40 PM
MMD
Banned

Here's how you do it. Fashion coat hanger wire like on left and tape base.

Shove into spoiler vent as shown, use tape to hold it there.

Friggin' fool proof. Guaranfreekinteed not to fail.

Your appreciation is anticipated, zero apologies from bullies expected.
Attached Images  
Old 06-12-2007 | 07:15 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

This thread is soon going to reach the Paris Hilton commentary level of insanity!
Old 06-12-2007 | 07:42 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MMD

No offense intended but i cant ever imagine taping a contraption like that on my car.
Old 06-12-2007 | 08:02 PM
PAULSPEED
Pro

Hi,
I still like the string. Ha! Ha!
Paul
Old 06-12-2007 | 09:23 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MMD

Damn, you're clearly off your medication, Marcel Dunce.

Have your doc double the dosage next time, will ya?

We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself or take it out on your pets.
Old 06-12-2007 | 10:21 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by OCBen
Damn, you're clearly off your medication, Marcel Dunce.

Have your doc double the dosage next time, will ya?

We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself or take it out on your pets.

If anybody wants to know if their spoiler is deploying properly they now have an excellent, bullet proof, simple and easy way to do it.

They've learned something inspite of toxic comments. Do you see how toxic your comments are?

------------

We need to realize that there is another group which I would term as "online bullies" or "internet bullies" who can become equally destructive in undermining communities.

These gentlemen/ladies differ from trolls in the sense that they are not anti-social, but they are an accepted and sometimes well-respected members who assume a sort of informal and unofficial leadership role.

They use this position to intimidate and assert their views on newer and less established members and often push their weight around to mark territorial rights. They will generally try and behave properly, but subtly try and behave like moderators and preach about forum behaviour.

They will also turn and insult people as they wish and surprisingly other forum members will turn a blind eye to them.

They will usually "adopt" ownership of
a single forum or a subforum of a board and hang out there frequently with their clan. (this feature is usually more common in larger forums)

These people are often the starting point of cliques because they can gather a group of yes-people around them in no time.

1.bullies can cause enormous damage to a forum by their behaviour.
2. bullies usually have excellent communication skills using which they attack their opponents unmercifully.
3. bullies can be intimidating to any normal forum user.
4. bullies have the effect of creating bad blood.
5. bullies are hard to control without intervention right from the top - the forum administrator(s) or owner(s) because even moderators might find it hard to control them without support from others.
6.Bullies are more or less regular forum members who might have a huge post count and a following.
7. Bullies intimidate other members by throwing their weight around and using their group of yes-people to lend force to their powerful attacks.
8. Bullies regular members and they have a huge post count.
9. Bullies enjoy fighting and run around bashing everybody who dares oppose them.
10. The potential damage done by bullies is forum-wide and not related to topics, but to the personality of the bully and the kind of respect and influence he wields.
Old 06-12-2007 | 10:25 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by 4thporsche
Actually, I am total DIY (construction, cars, whatever). Could run circles around you... but I have bigger fish to fry than dealing with this jibberish..... Good riddance.

LOL.

Too bad my solution is soooo f'ing perfect; simple, bulletproof, easy.

Oops I forgot, adhesive tape, however temporary, must never come in contact with your car.

LOL

Quick Reply: How can I tell if my rear spoiler is deploying automatically?