Sponsored by:

Interior Detail

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 AM
msh26
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Detail

What have people found to be the best product for the dash and other areas that appear to be leatherette and not true leather. I'm sure many people don't have the full leather option, but I've seen that its always high on the priorities of options to select.

I've used the Lexol leather treatment and then the vinyl one too but weren't really too happy with them.

Any help, input, or feedback would be appreciated.
Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Jerry Fisher
Instructor

I use Griots interior cleaner and 303 protectant on non-leather surfaces
Old 06-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Armor All cleaning wipes get the job done without any residue. Zaino's Leather in a Bottle product, which has worked great on my leather seats, applies a low-key sheen on vinyl surfaces and leaves behind a fresh leather aroma.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

+1 for 303 Aerospace protectant.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

+1 Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, 303 Protectant, and Sonus Cockpit cleaner works nicely too. if you want to economize you could concoct a Water:Woolite mixture, let's say 10:1
Old 06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Yeah, water and woolite (I use a 6:1 ratio) is great for cleaning off any greasy protectant used previously. Check out the concours forum for more info.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

zaino leather care works great on the non leather parts of my Saab
Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Einszett Lederpflege (Leather Maintainer) is incredible. Goes on easy - cleans moderately dirty leather and conditions in one step. It smells really good, too. I did the driver's seat and driver's door panel Sunday in about 20 minutes. Very impressive in terms of it's moisturizing capabilities without any residue.

You can get it from Einszett's US page: http://1Z-usa.com

Also check out the Anti-Insekt+PreCleaner - spray it on bug-riddled bumpers, splitters and facias, wait 3 minutes, and wash. No rubbing required, no scratching occurs!

Einszett has a lot of great products... I've heard (but can't substantiate) that Griot's repackages some Einszett stuff for their private label products.

I'm not associated with 1Z, just a satisfied customer.

-don
Old 06-05-2007, 08:34 PM

I use a swifter to remove the dust and if needed a damp cloth. My car is parked indoors most of the time, but if it were outside in the heat or direct sunlight I'd probably use a lite protectant.

I've seen this advertised quite a bit and should be availble locally without a lot of fuss.

http://www.meguiars.com/?vinyl-rubbe...erior-Detailer
Old 06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Speaking of 1Z products, the best for non-leather (vinyl etc) is their Cockpit Premium cleaner and conditioner.

For sun/UV protection, add the 303!!!

Woolite/water mix is what I use to clean leather areas. Most leather cleaners are nothing more than a soap/water mix with fragrance and color. Use 100% white cotton towels to see how much dirt is being removed.

Leather treatment, I found that the Sonus leather conditioner is by far the closest thing to new Porsche leather smell. As much as I love Zaino Z-10 "Leather in a bottle" I felt it was too overpowering. However, I hear Sal Zaino has changed the formula, and have yet to try it.

The Sonus releases the tanning oils used when the leather was mfg. After applying, close the doors, come back in say a 1/2hr and open the door. You'll be greeted with that new Porsche leather smell when you first picked it up.

Carpet I use extractors with mild detergents unless it's really dirty. As long as you vacuum often, it's less dirt trapped in the fiber.

Glass: Stoner Invisible Glass.

Tires/rubber: Zaino Z-16.

Engine: Sonus Engine Kote, 1Z Cockpit and or 303 along with Z-16 on rubber hoses.

Underside: Seriously Wet spray on all wheel-wells, underpan, etc. Dry fully!!

Back to the cockpit, be careful on the gauges. The plastic is very soft and can scratch very easly. Same for the PCM screen. Use natural soft brushes to remove light dust, such as squirrel, goat, or other natural hair ones. You can find them at most beauty supply stores (Sefora etc). Keep one in the glove box to clean off light dust on screen, dials, vents.

Hope this helps,

Deanski
Old 06-06-2007, 04:04 AM
msh26
Instructor

I know Dr. Shine would be a great help here. Thanks for the comprehensive list!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
stubenhocker
Racer

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/sonax...rotectant.html

Quick Reply: Interior Detail