p-car 944 threatened by K40 electronics

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default p-car 944 threatened by K40 electronics

for those who may have missed it, in the general forum, p-car 944 posted:

Announcement ...I have be warned by K40 not to discuss its jammer testing anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was contacted by K40 due to my past K40 testing and my video that is on the internet. I was told that I would be sued if I continued and not to discuss any further or past testing of the K40 products ever again. Since I respect this website and do not wish to bring any lawsuits to this site and its owners I will respect K40's wishes not discuss it's product performance.

any lawyers out there want to comment?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

addendum, the last sentence was mine, not his
Old 05-31-2007, 09:21 PM
princetonporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in an official response from K40 especially Kevin Fryer since he did respond via email to another Rennlister. The part I find implausible is his belief that there is no legal right to test a product unless you sell it, therefore adding built in bias to the review.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:48 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 217 Posts

Interesting that he posted that on 5/22, and here it is 5/31 and he is still posting about them.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default More detail info on P-Car 944

After doing some research by my team, I have come to release the following on P-Car 944. Let's just say I have a very good research team regarding vendor development. This is what we've found. Gee, isn't the internet great?

On a side note, regarding the individual P-Car944, he is part of a group that went by the title Team JTG. In an earlier thread on this site, he discusses a test that his group conducted with one of our dealers in the Washington area. This dealer several months ago contacted me regarding the test, and forwarded all of their prior e-mail correspondences between him and the group Team JTG. This group was contacting dealerships in the area attempting to set up “unbiased” laser tests, only to turn around and try to sell them another product after it was conducted. Here is an excerpt from his final e-mail to our dealer:

I’m sorry but all the 15 LPP orders have names on them from new dealers and regular car people. I knew you were not going to order any because the profit margin on the K40 is too much to lose on a non-working product vs. spending alittle bit less then retail on the best laser jammer on the street. I also talked to Jay yest. and let him know that I was coming by to drop off a "free" jammer for brads lambo for testing but I never heard back from you since when I stopped by your shop. We dont need the lambo board since they are not interested in the best so we would rather have a larger market of people who really want the best of the best. But I do want to thank you for stopping by and helping with our test in auburn. I thought we could business together but I do understand profit is profit, but we dont work that way.

Team JTG
John Wilkey

He uses several aliases on the Internet including Audi Quattro, BMWSlayer, 94' Pearl 90QS, Laser Jammer Tester, LPP ver. Ghost Recon, and Team JTG. His friends Alex (a.k.a. go.mouse), whom he has already referred several of your members to, and Chris (a.k.a. JTW) are the front men for the group. They are attempting to work with a distributor in the UK called KMPH to promote and market the sale of the Laser Pro Park laser jammer. Members from this group appear to be attempting to make contact with individuals on numerous enthusiast sites such as this in order to generate leads. Do searches for any of the above aliases and you’ll see what I mean. You can also go to Roy’s forum and ask some of their regulars about these guys. I believe they’ve all been banned from that site, amongst others. They more than likely know even more than I would about these characters.

So as it stands, there is more to this whole issue than meets the eye!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 06-01-2007, 01:48 AM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

i received an unsolicited PM from PCarr on LPP, so I wonder if anyone else did as well?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I only do testing and as you can see I am on alot of counter-measure sites that deals with that..counter-measures which dealing with not getting tickets by testing every possible laser jammer and finding its weak-spots. Yes, you are correct but that doesnt tell the whole story...The owner on that shop even said to the owner of the black lambo which his name is brad, he the owner has never tested the K40 ever in his life and went by the word of K40 and it was proven on video that the K40 didnt work at all. Yes I was not going to post on this topic anymore but I'm not going to sit around and not defend myself when I do testing on a regular basis. The owner of the shop that installed that K40 on the black lambo had the Beltronics Lp904/905 and didnt even have a K40 on his white SUV that we got tested on video, what kind of person who sells K40 doesnt even have it on his on auto, not a very good selling point. During testing, I noticed the owner of the White SUV (shop owner) still had the clear blue protection tape on the jammer heads and those were on for 9 months, I was the one that brought that to his attention but his laser still didnt protect his SUV, I can post that video also if you want. Anyone can say this and say that and they say a certain laser jammer works very well but If there is no video to back it up with further written stats showing JTG and PT's, that is not a good test showing what works best in the worst conditions in real world testing. The owner of the Store who sold K40 wanted to drop K40 because he saw it performed very badly but there was not enough profit to sell the LPP over the K40 laser jammer since he was and is only buying that K40 laser jammer for $150 and marking it up and making a huge profit. And about Radar Roys site, he just sold it because of Blinder getting to sue Roy because of GOL picking the Laser Interceptor as the Top Rated laser jammer but the owner of the laser interceptor was at the testing and made several adjustments to go full jam (Thats called Juicing) vs. certain lidar guns. Again I dont sell anything but just educate people who dont know any different when it comes to this subject. K40 has been proven not to work over and over again in un-bias testing that the same testing was done to the other laser jammer, same distances, same spots of aiming the laser gun. Certain laser jammers worked the best, some certain laser jammers worked pretty good and then there was the K40. I was not going to talk about this subject anymore but everyone thinks their K40s work but no one wants to have them tested to prove me wrong. I have no problem with someone shoot my car with a laser gun because I know I have the best. The only way I can do this testing is because I have the laser guns to do it. Your also right in your information that the store owner wanted 15 lpps but since he is in the business of scamming customers and selling a inferior product for profit he wasted our time even when he was goin to have get a free lpp which is a retail price of $799 for a dual head and it was him that wanted to become a dealer for future testing since the owner of the lambo and all his friends who drive Astons, Ferrari's and sweet rides wanted to know where to get the lpp for their rides since they were very interested to find out how laser jammers worked since it was brad who called them to see the laser jammer testing, we did not invite them but the more people there made it more fun. They talked to the store owner and he wanted 15 lpps but realized there was no profit involved so he backed out and we as the testing team didnt waste our time but we were then contacted by a few of the guests who still wanted the lpp since it was the great performer they witnessed the K40 falling on its face and they were directed where to buy it for their rides. I have never made any $$$ at this testing gig since this is my hobby and I do it on the side. I will not stand by and have someone talk about something they know nothing about and I'm going to speak my mind. I was done this topic so you and your team do what ever you want and show me how many police lidar guns you have shot and own? Regarding Radardetectors'.net site alot of us were banned because we disagree'd with the GOL and radar roy since they were shoving products like blinder and VEIL (Veil doesnt work) down newbies throats when those products are also bad performers in testing. Trust the story behind that site, Roy and GOL is very dark and deep and will you never understand. I meet a nice guy today with a P-Car with a ZR3 and a X50 and we talked about laser jammers and I noticed his front jammers were way too far back to be effective and he didnt realize that they were installed wrong. He was very thankful and nice and he wants to do some testing to find out if his system will save him. Again I want to let you know I do this for fun and it still takes alot of my time and I dont get a dime for it but I give out alot of info so people dont get taken advantage of and learn something. I wish I knew some one like me when I had 3 tickets by laser in the same month before I knew anything about laser jammers. If the Admin's wish me to not defend myself or discuss this topic please chime in and I will take a step back.

Last edited by P-Car944; 06-01-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:39 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Skystak...when did I solicite you? You were looking for information and I gave you some information. There are quite of members here that I dont need to name nor want to but they are very happy that I helped them out in what ever laser jammer or radar detector they had like i.e. jammer head placement or RD placement for best performance. Smart people gather information and make a collective, educative decision for the best product. All I did at any time was give out information or even take time out of my day with replies with the front or back of their car with a red or yellow mark using MS paint to show best placement for the laser jammer heads. If K40 wants to continue to place jammer heads behind the mesh grilles and bumper where it wont work, well they will continue to do that because the general automotive community does not understand the concept of laser jammers and goes through their day thinking they are protected when they are not.

Post 1 to Skystak from me.....

P-Car944
User

Default Laser jamming
I have the V1 and the concealed display...Love it!!!!. I also have the Laser Pro Park...I really love that. It just go picked the 2007 Best Laser Jammer on the market by the Guys of Lidar on RadarDetectors.net. I go looking for laser traps alot and you can see on youtube and search for Laser pro park and you can see it in action. I also happend to be in the laser jammer testing field and do alot of the laser jammers on the market.

2nd post to Skystak.....

03-27-2007, 09:10 AM
P-Car944
User

Default Re: Laser jamming
Who told you it would be $2000 to intall a LPP? There is really not much to it. If someone knows how to hook up a stereo it only takes about 1 hour, that is about how it took to intall on my Audi. If a stereo place told you $2000 you need to tell them to take a leap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSTAK
too much to install, 2 grand plus the cost of LPP

I see that I was trying to help him not to get ripped off by a stereo shop because he wanted to get a lpp and was looking for a stereo shop to do the install. I love when people dont give the whole story and try to paint a whole different story.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:37 AM
W211
Racer

I'm not related to either group, I'm happy with LPP simply because of its parking sensor feature, for obvious reasons when encountering cops.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:44 AM
P-Car944
Banned

This a local test that a member of our testing group conducted did here in our area comparing the Blinder and LPP, others were invited by didnt sho up. There was a blinder owner who had his set up for the Stealth look but it didnt work for him.

As you can see we do some tedious testing with taking alot of data with each shot and just to give you a idea what it looks like on paper after a full day of testing and data collecting.

http://www.laserproparkusa.com/forum...er=asc&start=0
Old 06-01-2007, 04:25 AM
boolala
Race Car

So pcar are you a member of "team JTG" or not? (which one is your first initial?)

Do you guys offer dealers "test runs" of their RDs and then turn around and attempt to sell them the LPP or not?

These are simple yes or no questions.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:40 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Yes I am a member of Team JTG ( LOL, you have no idea what JTG means? It has nothing to do with a name, anyone knowing anything about laser jammers would know what JTG means but you dont since you have a "Refuse to be tested K40") like the video states but again and for the millionth time, I do not sell any RD/LJ'ers at anytime. If someone who sees that the lpp works better in "real world conditions" vs. other laser jammers and wants to know where to get it, that person is given the information. Usually its very easy to see what works and what doesn't. If someone has a older laser jammer which doesnt protect you against the latest threats they see the benefit of having the best retail laser jammer on the market. I have never made a red cent of my testing. It was very fun testing the lambo with the K40 Calibre though we thought it would do better since it was black in color and has very low and sharp angles on the front head but that was not the case. I am proud that I have the only known testing video of the K40 Calibre being tested and that freaks out K40 since it is all over the net beginning tonight and I plan on making more for further testing when I buy a K40 defuser, does K40 think that will protect the whole front end if its just on the license plate? Well the lambo had 2 defusers and they didnt help the lambo driver out at all. Its great owning all the major laser guns and being able to test and video tape, look forward to more testing.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 217 Posts

Dude....your posts kill my eyes to the point I can't read them. Please insert some appropriate punctuation, spacing, and carriage returns.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
K40 Electronics
7th Gear

Let me be perfectly clear, so there is absolutely no confusion in this matter. At no time has anyone from K40 Electronics contacted this individual, his legal representatives, or anyone working with his group to stop talking about our company. His statements are completely false. He is obviously trying to stir up something on this forum in an effort to make our company look bad for reasons I can only imagine.

Regards,
Kevin Fryer
K40 Electronics
Old 06-01-2007, 01:46 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Dude....your posts kill my eyes to the point I can't read them. Please insert some appropriate punctuation, spacing, and carriage returns.
Ditto. He needs to review his high school grammar, spelling and usage. I don't get very far in his posts before I give up.

I really think this P-Car944 guy has a vested interest somehow, despite his protestations otherwise.

I also think he's trying to promote a product without being an official sponsor of Rennlist, which also bothers me.

I have no idea about how good K40 laser products are, but this guy (or his group) would be about the last source I would trust.

Quick Reply: p-car 944 threatened by K40 electronics