Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

This thread is pure
Old 06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
K40 Electronics
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EHarrison,

Regarding your question, what it sounds like you are experiencing isn't falsing, it's the disconnect feature which indicates a problem with your radar detectors. Based on the year of the vehicle I'm guessing the receiver platform you're using is at least 2 boards ago. The cool thing is, you should be able to just update your receivers without replacing everything else. It won't have the latest software because the control module isn't being replaced, but the performance on a whole would be better. If you call me next week I'll see what I can do for you. Sorry again for the lost e-mails.

Regards,
Kevin Fryer
(800) 323-6768
Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, if I buy the Calibre now, and upgrades are availble in the future. can I upgrade at that time?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K40 Electronics
EHarrison,

Regarding your question, what it sounds like you are experiencing isn't falsing, it's the disconnect feature which indicates a problem with your radar detectors. Based on the year of the vehicle I'm guessing the receiver platform you're using is at least 2 boards ago. The cool thing is, you should be able to just update your receivers without replacing everything else. It won't have the latest software because the control module isn't being replaced, but the performance on a whole would be better. If you call me next week I'll see what I can do for you. Sorry again for the lost e-mails.

Regards,
Kevin Fryer
(800) 323-6768

I appreciate the response. I'll call you sometime next week.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Deanski, little help? Seems that you have an in with them....
No, I'm just a customer as others. I was the posting of how someone calls the K40 a POS, that's when I had to react.

My system seems to work fine.

In the future, maybe they will have one that is upgradeable.

Deanski
Old 06-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Deanski
No, I'm just a customer as others. I was the posting of how someone calls the K40 a POS, that's when I had to react.

My system seems to work fine.

In the future, maybe they will have one that is upgradeable.

Deanski

Actualy a couple of posts above yours Kevin states that they are upgradeable. Pretty sweet eh?

His comment about the disconnect feature rings a bell. I can follow the wire to the front bumper but the wire dissappears in the wrong direction. I think the front receiver is missing, I'm going to have to take the front bumper off and have a better look.

Thanks anyways Deanski, I knew you weren't part of them, but my two emails didn't make it to them. I've got my answer now.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Greenwillie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone ever run a v1 and k-40 at the same time in the same car? I had a v1 (loved it) but when I purchased my 997 cab I couldn't think of having that "box" in my car. I had a k-40 calibre installed and love it. No tickets with either. I will hook up both on my next road trip and compare them side by side.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:12 AM
P-Car944
Banned

K40 Electronic's its a simple test that has been conducted to prove if your product works or doesnt work. As for I you know who I am and I am in the laser jammer testing business and its our hobby but we have all the police lidar guns to test with and I mean all the current "in-Use" lidar guns in use, not the older Pro Laser I or Pro Laser II which are Gen 1 guns and they use very old tech. Your product use's very old laser jammer tech that did ok vs. the old Gen 1 guns. If you would like to fly in some engineers and install a K40 laser jammer on any car you pick, our testing team would be more then happy to show you and your company that just aiming at the license plate from start to finish doesnt mean your product is working because a trained LEO will not just stay focused on your license plate and will move onto your headlights or even a blinker to get a reading. Your hiring of SML for testing your K40 product is a total scam because everyone on the laser jammer testing field knows that SML is on take and will give good reviews if you pay SML to test your products and SML only tests a product if they are paid in the 1st place. I believe you have seen the Video of us video taping the Black Lamborghini Gallardo with K40 Calibre? We actually thought the Lambo would do better because of the design of the car not because of the K40 Calibre but since there was no video testing of the K40 laser jammers on the net we decided to conduct correct testing of other laser jammers including the K40 laser jammer. The Lambo even had 2 K40 defuser heads mounted up front and it was a nice install but didnt work and would have gotten the driver a big fat ticket if that was a true laser trap. If there was a different type of jammer it would have done alot better then the K40 since the K40 was clearly the worst performer in that test and that was 1 pissed off owner which spent $5000 on the K40 Calibre for his Lambo and C6 Corvette. Its down right pitiful that K40 markets to the high line auto lines a product that doesnt work in any testing that I have done or seen in person among other tests. K40 Electronic's you say in your initial post here that "Again, we're not trying to design products to win tests."??? What a crock....With the $$$ that these guys are paying for that lack of perfomance they are thinking they are getting the best for that $$$ that they have worked hard for. So K40 Electronics...I challenge you to a laser jammer tests and we will video the testing and be very specific about our testing but we do that anyways. K40 is more then welcome to attend the testing and we will show you that the K40 laser defuser is outdated and a bad performer as well you can see that in the video and that doesnt lie. So if you want to sue me go ahead and try, because there is nothing wrong to testing products to see if they work or dont work. K40's website has alot of falsehoods saying alot of statements but they are tested and found not to work like other laser jammers. So K40 Electronics, I invite you and others to meet and lets do some serious testing and I wont charge you anything and we will bring our UltraLyte 20/20 (200LR), UltraLyte 20/20 (100LR), Markmen, Stalker, Prolaser III and the vaunted Laser Atlanta for testing to be video taped. As you can see there are alot of laser jammer tests on the net and they are not scared to video tape the results which can not be said about K40. You brought up SML for you testing...well you know who is Craig Peterson is right? Craig Peterson is in the same "bought off" tester like SML. So K40 step up to the plate and prove that your laser jammer is the best because all we want is the best because we dont drive KIA's and we expect only the best protection for RD's and laser jammer's.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Without trying to cause a fuss. P-Car944, if you are in the radar testing "business", how do you make money? Just curious.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:55 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I do it because I have received tickets in the past even with my V1 which in 1 month I had 3 laser tickets and the V1 as great as it is, I was picked off and paid the price. I happened to run in to some guys and we started chatting and 1 of those guys is Rep. for a LIDAR company and we all have laser jammers on our cars. We started this out of fun and it still is that way. We are just testers with lives and do this on the side to educate drivers on what works and what doesnt work and we video tape the results with live testing and real life police laser traps that we caught on video while driving.

Quick Reply: K40 Reply to negitive posts