Sponsored by:

K40 Reply to negitive posts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:51 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

I have to give them some points for taking notice of the discussions here and crafting a reply. At least they care about their reputation.

However, two things still grab my attention: They admit to seeking "legal remedies" against a site on the Internet. No details given, and I don't follow these topics closely but without any elaboration that's still cause for concern.

And second, the quote "As an online retailer of our competitors, Roy’s website had no basis or legal right to test products outside of the ones he offers." Um, what? Last I heard, product comparisons were pretty common and legal and Pepsi doesn't make or sell Coca-Cola. Doesn't statin X lower cholesterol better than statin Y? Or the Purple Pill work better than the Yellow Pill?

And I agree with caf about P-Carr944. I think the only threads I've ever seem him post on are ones about radar detectors like the K40, the Passport 9500i, and the V1.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

"...K40 insisted that his forum site be banned from discussing our products..."

I don't buy anything that is banned from discussion. It sounds like they have something to hide. Also, their command of the english language is a bit on the weak side. By now most people know when to use "There" vice "Their." (What are these guys? Engineers?)

Valentine 1 for me.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:41 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Edgy01]"...K40 insisted that his forum site be banned from discussing our products..."

I don't buy anything that is banned from discussion. It sounds like they have something to hide. "

Amen! I could not agree more!

I just wrote a good review on the Storic garage storage system, if it was a bad review, could they ban discussion of their product on this forum?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

I sent an e-mail to Kevin Fryer, asking him to log on to this web site and address our concerns
Old 05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
P-Car944
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have posted about my 944 ( engine is out and wanting to put Big Reds on) in the past which was like 2 years ago since I have been a member that long, which is not as long as you veterans but I just didnt come on here and start posting about radar detectors and laser jammers as a new member. I got into this field by chance and luck and it really feels good when I can help out fellow P-Car owners and other car fans in the like.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car944
I got into this field by chance and luck and it really feels good when I can help out fellow P-Car owners and other car fans in the like.
So you ARE in the business of selling and/or promoting radar/lidar detectors and/or scramblers?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
P-Car944
Banned

No I am not selling anything and dont charge for testing or educating anyone on radar detectors or laser jammers. If you consider educating friends who ever they may be of what works the best under the worst conditions, sell I promote radar detectors and laser jammers. Have you ever told a friend about a great restaurant, store, CD, night club that was really good and they said I will try that and they were really glad you told them?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 PM
P-Car944
Banned

No I am not selling anything and dont charge for testing or educating anyone on radar detectors or laser jammers. If you consider educating friends who ever they may be of what works the best under the worst conditions, then I promote radar detectors and laser jammers. Have you ever told a friend about a great restaurant, store, CD, night club that was really good and they said I will try that and they were really glad you told them?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:34 AM
W211
Racer

Has anyone not done a side by side comparison between K40 and LPP's jamming abilities?

I went for V1 and LLP simply because I like to see where the cops are hiding, in front or behind us.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:43 AM
P-Car944
Banned

W211 talk to alex, since I'm biting my lip and its bleeding.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:11 AM
W211
Racer

I think I have already voted with my wallet!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:59 AM
boolala
Race Car

Originally Posted by W211
......?

I went for V1 and LLP simply because I like to see where the cops are hiding, in front or behind us.

Well that's a lame excuse. The K40 gives you directional information too without that ugly box hanging off your windshield. You can use any laser jammer you want with it too, pcar's confusion about this matter notwithstanding.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
P-Car944
Banned

well since I'm talking about radar detection, how many bogies can your system detect at 1 time? Will it tell you there are 4 radar traps forward and 2 signals in the rear and 3 signals to the sides(not in that particular order, but it the V1 can keep track of 9 signals at anytime) and tell you the exact radar signal and let you know whats the greatest threat? All your system does and has is some wiring with LED's connected from a radar antenna. The V1's system is light years ahead of the system you have there. Dude I have only talked using facts which you fail to investigate.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:03 PM
boolala
Race Car

This is all just marketing bull****. In real world applications this has no relevence. Look at Valentines website. He says that he does not offer an installed system because putting the detctors behind the bumpers is not ideal.

Bull****.

What's ideal to me is a system that prevents speeding tickets. I don't give a crap about anything else. I don't care about the theoretical aspects of radar detection. And I certainly don't care about the lame opinion of someone like yourself who has an apparent conflict of interest in the matter.

You can hang that ugly POS V1 from the windshield of your jalopy if you like. It won't be seeing the inside of my car even if someone gave it to me for free.

Capische?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

easy guys, we're on the same side (pro porsche, anti tickets).

I agree with boolala, all I care about is avoiding tickets, if my detector goes off, I SLOW DOWN, I don't analyze how many warnings there are and from which direction, I just slow down.

Quick Reply: K40 Reply to negitive posts