VF-Engineering Supercharger install pics from A.W.E. Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VF-Engineering Supercharger install pics from A.W.E. Tuning

Hello-

Just wanted to update everyone on an install we are doing at our facility.

For years we have partenered with VF-Engineering on the install of various VW supercharger kits. The last Porsche install we did with them was on a 996. The power increase was overwhelming! The client was very pleased with the results.

Currently we are working on a new 997. I wanted to share some photos of our work in progress.

I want to also add that the quality of all of the components is what you would expect for a $100K car.

I will update this thread as I get more pictures. These were taken a few days ago.

------------

Here is photo of the heat exchanger for the water to air intercooler that gets fitted to the car.

These are OEM pieces that are adapted and modified for the kit. Extremely clean set up.

Adapters are fitted to run the coolant lines to the back of the car. Perfect fit and finish.

Here is a shot of the lines that are run to the back.(black hoses)

Here is a pic of the coolant pump that circulates the the fluid through the system. Clean install here, too.

Here is a shot of the relay the that is wired to the pump. Wires must be run to the rear of the car. Much care was taken in making sure they were run in the same fashion as the OEM harness.

For more information please contact me via phone or email.

mike@awe-tuning.com

or

888-565-2257

Old 03-22-2007, 01:10 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I was always skeptical if these kits were hacked together, but thanks for the photos and your

Is it possible to see more pictures? Engine bay etc?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Oh, don't worry. Things are pretty hectic here today. I will post more pics as I get them.

I will detail every nut and bolt.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Sharptt
Pro

My first supercharged car was an Avanti back in the day. My most recent experience is with the new Ford GT. I love the lack of turbo lag and smooth delivery of power that supercharging delivers. I can't wait to see the dyno results.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Sharptt-

Dyno plots will be posted in about a month.

What we will do is have the client drive the car for about a month. Easy driving for proper break in on the charger.

Once they do that we bring them back in for a belt tension check and dyno.

Please stay tuned.

Have a great day!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Hate to be picky but do you suppose someone could take photos who knows how to FOCUS a camera and understands the concept of DEPTH OF FIELD?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like a point-and-shoot to me, Dan.

I don't think it would have manual focus.

Best anybody could do is to shoot from further away.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Hate to be picky but do you suppose someone could take photos who knows how to FOCUS a camera and understands the concept of DEPTH OF FIELD?
Hey Edgy - honestly for the casual user, as you may well know because of your experience, the newest digital camera's are pretty finicky, because of their attempt to be a compromise for every situation. Many times their range finder will pick the wrong thing to focus on and you need to let go of the button and re-align it to the (in canon-speak) green boxes over what you ACTUALLY want. And many of the middling cameras have CRAP for close up stuff even within a foot.

Isn't technology great? If we were still in film, how much would we see of all these pictures on the web? But in the same breath the quality is so poor many times.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

I'd like to learn more about the coolant pump. I wonder if it has some rating info for how much it can move.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

BrendanC: Wonder how many rennlisters know who John Galt was.Someone im really familiar with, Ayn Rand ,knew him well.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:09 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charact...gged#John_Galt

You decide! <g>
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by POINTS
BrendanC: Wonder how many rennlisters know who John Galt was.Someone im really familiar with, Ayn Rand ,knew him well.
I am very happy actually that I chose this as my sig instead of what color and weight of the lugnuts I have and the color of my suede steering wheel. I get emails weekly that say "I am not a looter," or something similar, in support of what the point is. I think its great that the book still resonates, especially with our world currently in the situation it is, which is very close to the picture painted by Rand in Atlas Shrugged.

Now, the emails and messages I get are very demographically centered around men in their 50s. Which is the scary part, as no one in their 20s has identified that they know what I am talking about. Anyway, I caused a thread digression -
Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
I am very happy actually that I chose this as my sig instead of what color and weight of the lugnuts I have and the color of my suede steering wheel. I get emails weekly that say "I am not a looter," or something similar, in support of what the point is. I think its great that the book still resonates, especially with our world currently in the situation it is, which is very close to the picture painted by Rand in Atlas Shrugged.

Now, the emails and messages I get are very demographically centered around men in their 50s. Which is the scary part, as no one in their 20s has identified that they know what I am talking about. Anyway, I caused a thread digression -
My apologies....im new at this!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by POINTS
My apologies....im new at this!
No Attack meant in any way. I was trying to explain the significance and people's responses.

Play through.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Wow. This thread sure changed topics fast...

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering Supercharger install pics from A.W.E. Tuning