Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STUPID SPEEDING TICKET - WTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

I know that it's a stretch to try long distance pschoanalysis, but this seems to be a clear case of class envy. The cop saw you driving an expensive sports car, and it upset him because more than likely the car is beyond his means. So he felt miserable, and he decided to try to make you feel the same way.

As to his assertion that you were accelerating and would have gone faster if he didn't stop you, then why didn't he let you complete your so called acceleration before issuing a ticket?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 AM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This ticket may have already been paid, but I tell you what I do, with good success. I call the courthouse where the ticket is issued. I found they all have a procedure for handling tickets, from paying more $$ and recieving a "thoughtless violation" ticket w/no points, to automatically reducing the points with the same fine.
The last ticket I got (72 in a 55), I KNEW that cop was going to burn me. I showed up in court, he called my name, we walked up to the judge, and he told me to slow down and pulled the ticket! I couldn't believe it! No $$, no points! In a small SC town in a Porsche, no less! But I had called to the courthouse before and was very respectful of them and the policeman.
I was told by a cop that in SC radar less than 9 mph over the limit won't hold up in court. That doesn't mean the cop can't write it for 9 over when you were going faster thereby giving you a break. Still, I wouldn't bank on that. Do your homework before court day. If you don't "feel" like it's going your way, then get a lawyer and play their game by there rules.
I'd be mad too, but play damage control.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:57 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Sorry but this just isn't believable. Are you a troll?

j/k
Having poked through his other posts, I am not so sure.

Quick Reply: STUPID SPEEDING TICKET - WTF