Sponsored by:

Hi, 1st post (pics, vids)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:46 AM
drfous
Race Director

Received 1,997 Likes on 1,171 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG_55
ive driven high performance cars all my driving life, you got the wrong dude.....

arent squids the type that buy flashy sports bikes and just floss..... kinda like convertible sports cars , is it an auto too?
Squid = "an irresponsible motorcyclist. The term is derogatory and common among motorcyclists in the United States and is generally associated with a new or reckless motorcyclist seen riding erratically and/or beyond his or her capabilities."
Old 01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG_55
i hit 150 on sepulveda in a 94 e500, comparatively very slow, high 14s 1/4 mi time
I shake my head, it's such a no brainer to mash the gas in a straight line. May impress your buddies who are your passengers, no skill involved.
Track skill is negotiating the 90° or 180° corner at the end of that straight, which public roads don't offer.

Go out to Big Willow this Sat, Sun and tackle the 8,9 complex at triple digits and successfully negotiate 9 to the front straight...
Even for the most accomplished it is daunting.
Sorry no ride alongs for your buddies.

Come out to Qualcom Stadium Sat and try your hand at an AutoX, tracks are about a mile long, tripple digits are not uncommon, test your metal.
Just a Parking Lot

Population explosion has made the Santa Monica Transverse Range a not so fun place to drive, but your too young to know.

never lost a race and ive raced evo's, 996tt, and 360's in the twisties, in a 3800lb auto benz
Impressive? Not to me, sorry....

The world of tracks awaits you, speeds so much higher, the car will dance about in ways never experienced, canyons will become mier childs play.

Quick Reply: Hi, 1st post (pics, vids)