Sponsored by:

Polycharger Released

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polycharger Released

Polycharger is a wax and sealant booster that you add to your current favorite wax or sealant to increase the shine and lasting effects of the wax or sealant.

This is just a quick post or FYI for those that detail thier Porsche. Not to Shill, but an announcement of a new product that maybe you're not aware of.

It's new to the field, but has been tested with many waxes and sealants with very good results.

Here you can read the info:Polycharger Info

Also, on the Autopia.org forum: Sponsor Forum, Polycharger you can read even more. Always best to read up and see if this is for you.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Question Anyone?

78 views, but no comments? Anyone order one of them yet to try?

I'll be ordering a kit shortly for spring use and will see how well this product performs. If it works as it says, this should be a great idea for all waxes, sealants and QD's!

So far, the reporting shows some promise. We shall see.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm skeptical.
I'll wait for some reviews prior to buying anything like this.
Plus i don't primarily use liquid waxes.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

There have been numerous tests done over at Autopia forum under the Polycharger forum. All types of waxes, sealants, QD's have been tested and some have done full reviews with before/after and during pics as well. SOme of these people went to great lengths in testing and reviewing it. Interesting read, but better still all the pics.

I'm pretty sure David would not enter in this type of product without some good results. He too is a "P" car owner and is very fussy to put it mildly, on product performance.

This is how I found Sonus Leather Conditioner too. Smells awful out of the bottle, but after treatment, opened the door to get that fresh Porsche leather smell which is so unique from other leather. As much as I love Zaino Z-10, it was just too heavy of a leather odor added to the product. It just doesn't smell like new Porsche leather.

Neat thing about the Sonus, after treatment, the feel of the leather. It's not slimy or greasy at all, in fact, it feels a bit more firm or when seated, less chance of sliding in it. It feels as if it grips better.. weird as it sounds, it just does!

I was once a wax user, but have switched to sealants due to the longevity and now better looks than before. Prior, sealants were very steril looking and too reflective. Now, some are warmer, more deeper looking.

Whichever you use, the new "additive" should be interesting. Read and see for yourself if you want more of an idea on if this will work for you.

Interesting to see how it does with QD sprays.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've tried just about everything. I was a big zymol fan until I was in an auto store one day and saw "Try Eagle 1 NanoWax for Free!". They meant it, up to $10 refunded on the purchase and it cost $9.99. I figured I had nothing to lose and I've now been using it a year and a half. Goes on easy and quick, lasts "forever" and looks great. It's like RainX on the whole car. Doesn't "whiten" black parts or rubber. I probably apply 2x a year and every now and then in between I use NXT quick detailer (the NanoWax detailer is terrible - hardens), which you mist on and wipe off.

The newer nano products really do work very well. I'm a fan of science and technology so I've done my research. There will be all sorts of nano-products coming out every year. There are windows that don't need washing thanks to nanotechnology.

Perhaps this "stuff" is in some way nano? $32 for additive is hard to take when a bottle of NanoWax is $10 and it lasts maybe 2 years for 2 cars (I'm still on my original bottle).
Old 01-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Good old Nano Technology, everyone is getting on the Nano bandwagon.

One of the lines in Europe has also gone Nano: Sonax:

http://www.nts7.net/

Sonax has always been a very good product, that's if you could get it, but now it's avalible.

Deanski
Old 01-19-2007, 02:09 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Nanowax huh? Is it really good? I've been using RejeX on my black c2s.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

I was skeptical because it was for sale at el-cheapo auto supply store... and it was free with the rebate... But I figured I had nothing to lose and the claims were too good to be true. They really weren't The first sign of something good was when I put the supplied microfiber towel on the hood and it sat for a second, then started moving all by itself. It picked up speed until it was running off the car. I thought - either that's one incredibly smooth and near-frictionless surface, or some microbes were taking the rag to their home planet. Then my wife doesn't understand why I won't use my windshield wipers - didn't need to because the water cleared itself.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdrums
Nanowax huh? Is it really good? I've been using RejeX on my black c2s.
It's not a sealant, but as a wax I hear good things.

Deanski
Old 01-19-2007, 01:22 PM
gmoney99
Instructor

I thought this was funny:

--
IT’S NOT A WAX, IT’S A CAR WAX BOOSTER!
Polycharger is a Wax Booster™ additive for car wax products. In the same way that you use a gasoline additive in your car’s fuel tank to enjoy better engine performance, you add Polycharger to your car wax to improve its performance. Polycharger is your car wax supercharger!
--

Now considering most gasoline addictives don't do a damn thing for performance Im not so sure if this is smart drawing a similarity between the two.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
D.D.
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there "Wax" and "SUPER Waxed"? Kind of like "Dead", and "REALLY Dead". So if I added this to Zaino, would I then have "SUPER Zaino"? How much more "Zainoed" could I really be then I already am? Count me a highly skeptical of this product to add any significant ability to the wax and justify the price.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like NXT better than the Nano wax from Eagle. But for me Zaino is best.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:35 PM
gmoney99
Instructor

Im happy with Zaino, goes on easy, comes off easy, shines nicely. Im assuming its protecting my car UV ray wise but have not had the car long enough to tell nor do I keep cars long enough to sustain sun damage. I apply often so longevity concerns for me do not apply.

When someone has a wax that prevents rockchips I will switch
Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 PM
D.D.
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clear Bra......you apply it in sheets and do one section at a time...no need to remove. Will last lifetime of car with proper care!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:43 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

If you've tried Nano and NXT and Zaino and prefer Zaino, I'll try that next. I tried both NXT products and didn't like the "wax", but liked the quick detailer. Reverse for Nano.

As for Wax and Super Wax, there really is science behind it. http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/core_nanowax.asp

Quick Reply: Polycharger Released