997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight Install Question (PSE) without the wiring since most here disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006 | 11:09 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Default Straight Install Question (PSE) without the wiring since most here disconnect

Which muffler installation without cats or headers is loudest PSE or Fabspeed (I cannot tell by listening to the video sound clips)?

In addition, I found out that we could purchase the PSE mufflers (the pair) for around 1,386 (without the wiring). I need to know if the wiring is necessary to install the PSE muffler and pulling the orange cable for max sound.

If straight install is the PSE mufflers on the relax position OPENED for sound at ALL rpm levels (without the wiring installation or vacuum line)?

Has anyone successfully completed a muffler swap to PSE without wiring?

IMO I cannot justify spending extra money and effort and later disconnect the system to allow PSE on ALL the time. I want the loudest muffler setting on ALL the time (on start-up & all rpm levels).
Old 12-28-2006 | 12:23 PM
MCoupe
Instructor

I had PSE installed by doing a simple muffler swap. On all the time. No wiring, no plugs, no vaccum, no duster, no windex, no nada

Do not know fabspeed in terms of sound. Never heard one in real life. PSE takes time....my first 300-400 miles were disappointing. But then sounded great. Tubi is another option but $$$.

Search for my name, I had posted vids of before and after. Keep in mind that it is was when new and sound not to its full potential. One more thing...PSE a little heavier than Stock by about 8 pounds.
Old 12-28-2006 | 12:24 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

i believe if you can connec the PSE without the wiring. the muffler will be on loud all the time. basically its just a swap of the cans. btw where are you getting the PSE for that price? btw i will shortly be having a fabspeed sport muffler for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 12-28-2006 | 12:35 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

DrDrilZ,
I will first need to know for sure if the straight swap is doable (rest position will be opened on the PSE mufflers), if so, I will immediately order the PSE. I do not want to divulge the source right now until I place my order first. Once I receive delivery of the PSE, I will let you know my source.
Old 12-28-2006 | 12:38 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MCoupe
I had PSE installed by doing a simple muffler swap. On all the time. No wiring, no plugs, no vaccum, no duster, no windex, no nada

Do not know fabspeed in terms of sound. Never heard one in real life. PSE takes time....my first 300-400 miles were disappointing. But then sounded great. Tubi is another option but $$$.

Search for my name, I had posted vids of before and after. Keep in mind that it is was when new and sound not to its full potential. One more thing...PSE a little heavier than Stock by about 8 pounds.
Thanks MCoupe!

Okay, this confirms it for me, soooooooo, placing my order now! Once I recieve delivery, I will share my source.
Old 02-28-2007 | 09:45 PM
Sharptt
Pro

OK. We're still waiting for your report and source for the PSE at that price.
Old 02-28-2007 | 09:51 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

He may have that price for mufflers only, but he does need tailpipes for about another $300. While that is a good price, IMO it's nothing special that he needs to be quiet about.
Old 03-01-2007 | 07:37 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

His source probably has headlights cheap also!
Old 03-01-2007 | 09:28 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jnx
He may have that price for mufflers only, but he does need tailpipes for about another $300. While that is a good price, IMO it's nothing special that he needs to be quiet about.
The source was the only dealership that would sell me the PSE muffler without the wiring or tailpipes during the time of purchase. However, this is old news now!
Old 03-01-2007 | 09:41 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Here is the source for the PSE mufflers...

Sunset Porsche 1-800-346-0182 toll free
attn: Jeff 1-503-641-8600 local
4030 S.W. 139th way 1-503-601-3090 fax
Beaverton OR 97005
www.sunsetimports.com

link to our on-line secure order form:
http://www.sunsetimports.net/sorder.php
Old 03-01-2007 | 09:43 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

A great source, Best prices, I deal with them often!!
Old 03-01-2007 | 11:39 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cvazquez
The source was the only dealership that would sell me the PSE muffler without the wiring or tailpipes during the time of purchase. However, this is old news now!

Chill dude, I was replying to Sharptt's comment about your lack of follow up. And a not so special price.

Quick Reply: Straight Install Question (PSE) without the wiring since most here disconnect