Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finalized C2S order

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006 | 12:59 PM
mdw07
AutoX

Default Finalized C2S order

I finalized my C2S Coupe order yesterday for a Feb. build date, or at least it is final in my mind even though it could be changed up until sometime in Jan. Lapis blue, stone grey/black full leather, and aerokit. I wanted to thank everyone on this forum. Even though I haven't really posted much, just spending a few weeks reading everyone advice and seeing pictures of your cars has helped me decide what options I really wanted.

I had already "ordered" the car a few weeks ago, but the dealer couldn't guarantee me a build date at the time since he didn't have his Feb. and March allocations until this week. He made it seem like getting me a Feb. allocation for a C2S coupe was next to impossible, according to him, he thought there were only a few Feb. allocations in all of North America for a C2S Coupe. While that seems like an exaggeration to me, I did call around to several other dealerships in the North and South Carolina area and none had a Feb. build to offer me. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is, then why is Porsche not building many of this model in Feb. and March?

Due to the dealers insistance that he did a lot of work to get me this Feb. allocation, I can't say that I got a great discount on the car. I was asking for something over 5% off, but he said that his manager wouldn't go over 2.5%, so that is what we settled on. I've been reading enough posts on this board to know that 2.5% isn't great, but I can live with it.

This will be a huge upgrade for me since my current daily driver is a 1998 Mustang that I got when I was in high school, and my "fun" car is a 1960 Austin Healey 3000. I can't say that the C2S will become my full-time daily driver, but I plan to drive it as often as I can. I may be looking to sell the Austin Healey, I have a feeling that I will not be driving it as often once I get the new car.

Anyway, on to the car. Like I said above, Lapis blue, stone grey/black full leather and aerokit. I've always loved the look of the aerokit and couldn't imagine my car without it. I also went with the Turbo wheels. Based on several threads that I've read on here, getting the turbo wheels on a non-turbo car seems to be a topic of controversy at times, but I just really like the look of the wheels and would prefer to get OEM parts versus aftermarket whenever possible.

Here is the full list of options that I got and of course I will post pictures in a few months once I get the car:

2007 C2S Coupe
J2 Lapis Blue Metallic
BK Black/Stone Grey Interior
XAA Aerokit
404 19" Turbo Wheels
P77 Leather Sports Seats
XLF Sport Exhaust System
XCZ Sport Shifter
680 Bose High end sound package
810 Floor Mats - interior color
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
267 Self dimming mirrors
CUV Storage compartment w/model logo
X70 Metal door sill model insignia
XPV Steering wheel multifunction aluminum look
ECA Gear/Handbreak lever aluminum look
XME Rear center console painted exterior color
640 Sport Chrono Package
022 Instrument Dials in Black
Old 12-23-2006 | 01:17 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Sounds like a great setup--love the lapis blue color!

Congrats.
Old 12-23-2006 | 02:08 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

No heated seats?
Old 12-23-2006 | 02:19 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Just from looking at your spec it looks like your close to about $105K or so - have you thought about getting a GT3?
Old 12-23-2006 | 02:40 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Le Chef
No heated seats?
Yes, get the heated seats! It's not something I used to think about, but since they came on my last car I just love them. I wouldn't order a new anything without heated seats now.
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:23 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Great job... you did your homework well A+ on the options and color!
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:25 PM
mdw07
AutoX

Originally Posted by Le Chef
No heated seats?
I would certainly get them if I was somewhere further north, but I'm in Charlotte, NC so it never really gets cold here.
I've had a previous car with heated seats and I agree, they are a must have in a cold weather environment.
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:26 PM
Curt P
Advanced

Definitely get the heated seats. On cool days you can still
drive around with the windows open and listen to the sport
exaust.
Curt P
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:33 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Keep the Healey. That's a classic and you will never be able to replace it once you come to your senses and wish you never sold it.
Old 12-23-2006 | 04:37 PM
mdw07
AutoX

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Congrats! Just from looking at your spec it looks like your close to about $105K or so - have you thought about getting a GT3?
I've definitely thought about that a lot.
I had originally planned on spending about $95k but once I decided on everything that I wanted and the price climbed higher, but a GT3 with some basic options on it that I would want runs around $115k. Even though that's only about $10k above where my car priced at, I was already $10k above what I had set as my "limit" and I figured that I had to stop somewhere, otherwise I was just going to keep going up until I convinced myself to get a turbo.

I figure that this is my first Porsche and there will likley be many more after this one, so I'll start with the C2S and move up from there.
Old 12-23-2006 | 10:47 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Great sounding order!

From an Aerokit owner, do yourself a favor... Once you take delivery, remove the lower lip and store it for safe keeping. Then get the GT3 lower lip (it's matte black) as you will be replacing these often and there's no reason to ruin the original as I did.

Aerokit front lip will wack anything like speed bumps and more often, steep driveways or parking lot exits.

Also, invest in some paint protection film. Only have the car polished with no glaze. Glaze contains oils which enhance the finish, but with films, finish has to be oil free and wax free for it to bond correctly. Best investment when something from the highway wacks your hood as it did mine.

You'll love the sound from the PSE! It's sweet!

Now the wait... It's well worth it!!!

Deanski
Old 12-24-2006 | 11:22 AM
mdw07
AutoX

Deanski, thanks for the advice on the GT3 lower lip, I think I've seen you post similar advice on other threads and it sounds like an essential thing for an aerokit owner, so I definitely plan on storing the original lip for safe keeping. I can already think of multiple parking lots where I park for work that will be a problem for the front lip.
I think I remember you saying that the GT3 lip is relatively inexpensive (around $150?) for the dealer to order for me? and it's pretty easy to remove the old lip and snap the new one in yourself?

Quick Reply: Finalized C2S order