Sponsored by:

Hoen H8 Fog Light Bulbs - Before & After

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:58 AM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wetstuff
Nice idea - bogus ordering system. If the online order process fails..you call to find out the order processing contractor can't take an order?! They want you to restart your computer and try it again. Sorry... If you can't take a simple order; you deserve to loose the sale.

j i m
maybe u need to mod your computer first or get a new one j/k
anyway, i have the hoens as well. looks a lot nicer cuz they match the xenons better. however the light output is worse than the stock bulbs. so if you actually use your fogs for light output id say stay stock
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
wetstuff
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DDZ ...I'm on about my 10th Mac since the '80s and it's a pretty much loaded like my cars, but the browser, Safari, may not be compatible with their system.

If I were dumping off order handling for my business - I do the frontend all myself - I'd pick Amazon, Ebay Stores or some major processor. It's the first time I've run into this outfit, and I probably order at least one thing a week online..

I'm like a couple of others here; I'm out in the country and can run my brights maybe 20-25% of the time on the drive home at night. Fogs are REAL handy for picking up deer standing about 10M off the side of the road. I'd make them DLRs/constant-on if I could.

j i m
Old 12-07-2006, 12:31 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

DDZ ...I'm on about my 10th Mac
That would probably explain your problem.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
That would probably explain your problem.

Shouldn't you be watching your cholesterol a little better than that? Ten MACs in how long a period?

(I've only had two since 1994).
Old 12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Safari, may not be compatible with their system.
Yea - even the Porsche site still doesn't work 100% with Safari...
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Worth while bringing this to top I think, just received my order from Hoen as well, shipped to Greece - took more than 2 days I can tell you that, but all in all a very pleasent experience. Andreas who I emailed with from Hoen was very nice. Installed the bulbs during the weekend. Yes the fogs I do for aesthetci reasons, I dont drive with them on, but when I do turn them on I hate that color mismatch. I also did the tiny lights in the fogs as well, their color now matches as well, and changed the yellow bulb sides with some chromed yellows that Andreas threw in as a gift. Nice idea. In retrospect, I would have ordered the 997 set, to change the front signals as well, thats the only yellow bulbs I have left now and they do look out of place - they do those chromed as well. Nice easy mod, looks great, should be up there in the mods-for-new-owners section... wait a sec we dont have one of those... :-)
Old 02-26-2007, 09:23 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
Nice easy mod, looks great, should be up there in the mods-for-new-owners section... wait a sec we dont have one of those... :-)
OK, I'll play......

1). Clear Corners:
http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html

2). Silver Crest Hood Emblem:
http://www.pcars.com/shop.php/porsch...t/p_46812.html
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
bdmason
Instructor

does anyone know a way to get the rear passenger side fog light to work?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Not sure if U.S. spec cars even have the wiring... In that case, bit of a PITA but shouldnt be hard to wire with the other one. If wiring is there, just add bulb??
Thanks JR! Maybe one day - time permitting - I'll start one...
Old 02-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by bdmason
does anyone know a way to get the rear passenger side fog light to work?

Are you really sure you want to do that? The reason for the single rear fog outside of the UK region is to let people see you BUT not confuse a set of twin rear fogs with stuck brake lights. These things are bright and can be very distracting if used when conditions are not severe enough.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
bdmason
Instructor

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Are you really sure you want to do that? The reason for the single rear fog outside of the UK region is to let people see you BUT not confuse a set of twin rear fogs with stuck brake lights. These things are bright and can be very distracting if used when conditions are not severe enough.
I only use the fog lights in the daytime.I guess it really doesn't matter because with the front fogs on there are tail lights on in the rear
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
http://www.hoen-usa.com
They also have the 997 lighting package which is bulbs for the fogs, running lights and side markers for $54.
http://www.hoen-usa.com/997.htm
Thanks, I ordered that package just now. I've become such a pimp for my 997. In my 8 weeks of ownership I've bought Lloyd mats, clear corners, Champion rims w/PS2's, H & R springs, silver-crest hood badge, GT3/Aerosport front bumper cover, and now these brighter bulbs. It's not like I don't have a race car to waste money on....
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 AM
wetstuff
Pro

Update to my problems ordering. I got the online system to work ..they sent them lickety-split. Good stuff. I got the Fogs ..clear/yellow front side bulbs ..and license plate bulbs.

The fogs appear to be the same wattage (too much melts stuff - I know) but the color is improved. I run the fogs as DRLs and at night because we live out in the marshes were deer are always a hazard. These bulbs on the side are better because when you replace your yellow markers with clears - why leave yellow bulbs in there? (they turn yellow when turned on - I'm sure to satisfy DOT) I like the license plate bulbs the best. They make my white plate look nicer with their daylight coloring.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
jw1977
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can some of you guys post more pictures? Especially of the of the license plate bulbs and the clear corner bulbs. Thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 07:31 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Do a search for "hoen" in the 997 forum, comes up with a topic that has pictures of the back lights...

Here is the one: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=318246&page=3

Also go to hoen-usa page and do a bit of searching there, you will find these:

Now that was easy...

Next time you can do it too!!!

Quick Reply: Hoen H8 Fog Light Bulbs - Before & After