Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What leather options are most worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006 | 05:32 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Le Chef
The piece (4.1b) was plastic on my 05 coupe and is plastic on my 06 Cab. Both have/had full leather. You could tell as there's no stitching on it, just plain old plastic. Not sure if you're mixing this up with piece 4.0a
I'm talking about right underneath the hemispherical dome cap of the shifter, that complementary hemispherical half is trimmed in leather in my car. Of course it's been so long since I've sat in mine that I may be confusing it with the leather shifter of my Mini!
Old 12-05-2006 | 06:34 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Default We're talking different pieces

Originally Posted by OCBen
I'm talking about right underneath the hemispherical dome cap of the shifter, that complementary hemispherical half is trimmed in leather in my car. Of course it's been so long since I've sat in mine that I may be confusing it with the leather shifter of my Mini!
You;re talking about 4.1a and I'm talking about 4.1b. Get get much more arcane than that!
Old 12-05-2006 | 07:54 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

I have full leather interior & sun visors, as well as aluminum-look console, dash & door finishers. Doing it again, I would also get A pillars, seat backs & various other incidentals.

None(well, almost none) of the interior options are worth it, but they look great and give a custom, luxurious finish to the car.
Old 12-05-2006 | 09:35 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Le Chef
You;re talking about 4.1a and I'm talking about 4.1b. Get get much more arcane than that!
Whaaaaaat???

Yes, why in the world are you throwing out arcane numbers without references???

Looks like we must have missed your post where you show the diagram you are apparently referring to. ... Sheeeesh!

Like I said before:
The gear shifter comes standard with leather trim underneath the **** and a leather boot.
....is still a true statement.
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:02 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

OCBen, if I may....he is talking about the trim FORWARD of the shift boot, between the boot and the cubby hole at the base of the PCM stack. In standard form it's "soft painted". For $250 you can get it in stitched leather.

Don't you have the order guide available? I thought all us Porsche geeks had them within arms reach at all times. The arcane references are seen in the diagram in the order guide.
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:04 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsts6
911Dave, I would love to see a picture of your interior.
Thanks
So would I! In about 3 months the car will arrive and everyone will see how well I did, or how badly I screwed it up.
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:13 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by 911Dave
So would I!
LOL

Thanks for the chuckle!
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:18 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Originally Posted by dsts6
These are the ones i'm pretty sure about:
Center console
Door finishers
Gear shift trim

but what about the others, which do you guys think are really nice and which are unnecessary. Also do you suggest getting any painted panels in the car and which places are best for these
In reality all the leather, exterior color match, aluminum, carbon and wood upgrades are unnecessary. They do nothing other than adds look. They neither add function or performance. Nor do they improve resale. If you want something in leather, go for the thicker sport steering wheel. It will at least give you some value while your driving.
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:27 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by 911Dave
OCBen, if I may....he is talking about the trim FORWARD of the shift boot, between the boot and the cubby hole at the base of the PCM stack. In standard form it's "soft painted". For $250 you can get it in stitched leather.

Don't you have the order guide available? I thought all us Porsche geeks had them within arms reach at all times. The arcane references are seen in the diagram in the order guide.
Oh. .... No, why should I have an order guide if I already ordered my car. I'm beyond ordering. ... And no, I'm not a geek, though I might be a bit oc from time to time.

Oh man, that would be a terrible option to have that part leather covered instead of the smooth painted surface that I love so much:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...24&postcount=9
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:57 PM
Paul523
Pro

Ben- brilliant description there, but you're still recovering from the SoCal game ... piece in question is not the sorority babe inner thigh-ridge shifter indent. CDZ is this piece... nice complement to full leather, definitely would spec CDZ if I were ordering again.

Old 12-06-2006 | 12:10 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

I went for the Carrera leather briefs and matching split-crotch leather undies for my wife.
Old 12-06-2006 | 12:15 AM
OCBen
Banned

Thanks for the pics Paul. And thanks for rubbing it in. Though I'd much rather rub it in one of those sorority babes' inner thigh you mentioned, if you know what I mean.

Oh, so it's that piece in front of the boot you just pointed out with the blue arrows? And what about this shifter you're showing that looks different from anything I've seen so far? Do you know if that's a new option? Are those leather caps on the sides of the shifter ****? Is that what all the commotion is all about?
Old 12-06-2006 | 12:19 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Coochas
I went for the Carrera leather briefs and matching split-crotch leather undies for my wife.
Nice touch, Dave.

And what about the other pussies, did they get clad in leather too?
Old 12-06-2006 | 12:33 AM
Paul523
Pro

...And what about this shifter you're showing that looks different from anything I've seen so far? Do you know if that's a new option? Are those leather caps on the sides of the shifter ****? Is that what all the commotion is all about?
Sorry to confuse. here's a better depiction of CDZ:

the funky shifter in post #25 above, second pic is option X97, modified shift stalk for mere $800 or so...
Old 12-06-2006 | 02:54 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Oh man, that would be a terrible option to have that part leather covered instead of the smooth painted surface that I love so much:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...24&postcount=9
Is this the piece? Yes, it's better in paint, especially in Speed Yellow.

Quick Reply: What leather options are most worth it?