Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edwardschmedward
I agree with you, generally, the X-51 engine isn't really worth it... I just am a junkie for car mods. I like the Bilstien PASM set up, it allows a stiffer ride than the stock 'sport' setting, while still allowing a comfortable city/chick ride.
You'd have to ask Kip how low you can go with it.
Thanks for the update!!!

NICE! I'll have to get with Kip and Roger on these!!

BTW, I like the black powder-coated PSE tips! Very nice touch!

Since I missed the opportunity to change the wheels to black with silver lip, I may have them powder-coat these as well.

What's nice is their version of X51 which can go beyond 400HP! It's between their tweek'd X51 or a RUF ASA supercharged one for the best HP. For me it all come down to $$ which now is in short supply.

Glad to know you like the Bilsteins! I'll have to feel for myself.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-11-2006, 09:26 AM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

They're stock powdercoated tips, on a set of Fabspeed mufflers...

Before the X-51 conversion, I had the headers and sport-cats too... that was the set-up I was saying was possibly too loud. It would make my ears ring when it went over 4k at full throttle.

It could be louder now, I have the X-51 exhaust manifolds, with the stock cats, and the Fabspeed mufflers... but I never know when to stop...and then it's too loud...so I'll probably leave it the way it is.

The Milltek mufflers sound really good, that's what they have on the Cayman GTR that's in LA.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

I keep hearing of these Milltek mufflers being pretty nice, but yet to hear one.

Back to stock CATS? Must have been very boomy! I'd match-up a good muffler with the sport cats, but that's just me. I like the way JP's car sounded with the headers, sport cats and PSE cans. AT least you can switch it on/off.

I know I have to get the screens put in on the Aero openings. It's like a leaf blower in reverse! Soon, I'm gonna have to charge towns on leaf removal.

Even though I have the Aero, I really want to lower the car as it just looks silly with the rear that high up. Almost like the days with air shocks to bring the back-end up. I better get several GT3 lips or just leave it off when it's lowered. I already scrape the lip on steep driveways and parking lots. Maybe I should put a set of rollers on it.

I may have to have a few things powder-coated... that's when I ever get the car over there.

Trying to get things done B4 winter as I will store the car seeing it has an AERO, not only does it get leaves, but I'll then have to charge towns for snow removal too. Besides, way too many fools in our area just do not know how to drive in snow and I don't want it to get hit. It's only a C2S and not a C4S anyway.

Man, I could blow lots of cash in this shop that's for sure!!

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?