Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 AM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?

Hi, just walked in door fr vacation and was planning on driving from Darien over to the Open House at Farbacher (11am - 3pm Sat 12/2) in Danbury C.T. Curious if anyone is planning on doing same? I stopped by their new facility 2 weeks ago and it was a really impressive shop loaded with street and track Porsches. These are the guys that put together the red Cayman GTR with the 3.8 X51 engine in all of the magazines...The invite says "Join friends for some food and drink and check out the latest in cool cars and fast bikes and accessories. Also, showing off our new line of high-performance karts for kids and adults." Anyway, sorry for late notice but if anyone (maybe Deanski from Norwalk?) wants to meet along the way or share a drive over on Rte 7 give me a call on my cell. 203-249-0649...I'll probably leave Darien around 11:30am.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

OPEN HOUSE? NICE!

I'm oncall this weekend, but lucky it's quite.

Let's see if I can....

Deanski
Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

I didn't know they are having an open house today. Can't find anything on their website.

How did you hear of the open house?

Deanski
Old 12-02-2006, 12:04 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

I am was going to take a ride in the P-car today so I think I will stop by, maybe I'll see you over there.

Joe
Old 12-02-2006, 12:06 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

I just checked the website too no word of an open house, is it invitation only?
Old 12-02-2006, 12:08 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

I just called them and it is on today from 11:00 to 3:00, so off I go....
Old 12-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

It figures, I got a call for Enfield just a minute ago!

Gee, isn't Danbury on the way? I'll be going in my company truck. Look for a white Ford Ranger P/U with a cap.

See ya there!

Deanski
Old 12-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

For all that went... That was fun! Nice cars both inside and out. That shop is amazing! Love seeing all the crate engines just sitting waiting for a car. The GTR on the lift was insane for a Cayman. A few good toys here and there!

It sure was great finally getting to meet up with all that went!

Andy, nice color! Good luck and get more time driving her.

Joe, DAMN, that exhaust sounded GREAT! Nice selection to add on the PSE.

I only wish I could have come in my car and stay all day, but duty called and for a stupid fix too. Oh well. COuld have been worse.

I'm on my back home now... Using the wireless laptop at rest area to update.

See ya next time!

Deanski
Old 12-02-2006, 08:48 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Hey Deanski, it was great to meet you; we have to hook up again so I can check your ride out. Well I hung out there long enough to figure out my next set of mods. First will be the Techart 3-SPOKE SPORT STEERING wheel, TYPE 2, next will be REVO chip then I think I am thinking about lower it, not sure which suspension system to use yet, they were recommending Cross, but that’s a new one on me.

Andy sorry I missed you I guess you left before I got there, next time…
Old 12-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

It was a great day for all that attended on such short notice.

If it wasn't for Awilks, we'd all miss the event!

After hearing your exhaust, I got to get a set of sport cats and headers. Pefect match with the PSE.

Awilks car was beautiful! Nice color and wheels.

Did you see the RS America there? Now THAT's a car! There were so many fine examples of Porsche and others at the shop.

Farnbacher/Loles is one hell of a facility!

Let me know one day when you're going to do the mods. I too want to lower the car with H&R springs. Cross is a fully adjustable type of system wich would if I'm right, disable the PASM button/function as these are coil-over systems. They use them on the Cayman GTR.

Sorry I didn't get the chance to bring my car there. I wish I did! I'd most likely be spending way too much in that place.

Thanks once again to Awilks for the heads-up on such short notice.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-03-2006, 09:39 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

I did you see the RS America there, that was really SWEET, I’ll keep you posted as to the mods, I am supposed to talk to them next week. The facility truly is a state of the art, with top notch techs, I feel confident leaving my baby in there hands.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:58 PM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

I had my kids, and no electricity...otherwise I would have gone.

Had 3 cars there, though...

Allroad/Allrod
RS4
997S

There in spirit!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:55 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

I saw all three of your cars there, very nice. How do you like your RS 4?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Deanski thanks for the compliments on car, and yes I'm trying hard to get miles on her. I definitely drove home faster than I did there after seeing all of those nice cars and bikes. Hard to keep it under 5k rpm but trying to stick with the reccomended break-in for now. Had noticed a slight squeak from rear seat area and after closer examination today I found both of the rear seatbacks were left unlatched from the factory. You really have to give them a solid push to engage the locking mechanism but it fixed my one interior complaint. Jpcourt I did see your black C4S parked along the side of the building when I was pulling out and I'd wished we could have compared notes. Your car looked really sweet! Black ext w/ carrera sports wheels was a close second choice when I ordered mine. How many miles do you have on your 06 now and have you had any mechanical issues or complaints? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Revo ECU if you do it as I like the fact it allows to to switch ecu programs by yourself without having to go back mechanic. Currently want to enjoy the stock set-up and get through my 2k break-in period before doing anything. I am thinking about doing Ruf supercharger down the road without any of their aero kits or wheels. If I'm going to spend 5-7k for intake/ecu and exhaust for 30-40hp, then spending another 20k for 100hp with no turbo lag might be worth considering along with 2yr warranty. The warranty issue would keep me from looking into any other source for superchargers. I think H&R springs would be a nice option and allow for pasm to still operate normally. Anyone else think the car is quicker in sport mode than normal? I realize there is zero hp and only throttle mapping changes when engaged but the fact the throttle pick-up on every upshift comes on faster and so the time it takes to get into higher rpm's (more hp) is itself quicker shouldn't that be enough to effect even slightly the 0-60 time for example? Be interesting to see a back to back test just to test the theory. Edward, I too saw all of your cars there...nice rides. How much additional hp did they get out of your RS4 and give me a quick comment on what it pulls like compared to your Porsche.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

The RS4 is ar REALLY nice car... heavier in the front than the 997. A completely different animal. It's like a really fast brick. The 997 gets you there effortlessly, the RS4 screams and pushes you there with some sort of Visigoth God force. We're not really sure how much more power it has, they don't like dyno's. Full exhaust, with custom Revo mapping...it's faster than it was.

Quick Reply: Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?