Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, How did you find out about this "Open House"? Are you on their mailing list?

Looks like all mods I'll be doing will be at FBL! Soon, H&R springs. And, after hearing JP's car with the sport cats and headers, that HAS to be high on the list.

Damn, a few of those mod X51's sure would be nice in my car Wouldn't mind 410HP...

I just wish I could have stayed later... and which I had my car with me.

After hearing Mondays weather report, winter is getting closer to where I'll be putting her up till spring. Have the Tire Cradles and now the oil has been changed (at the tune of 334.00) ..

Get in as much time now, weather will soon not cooperate.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-03-2006, 07:46 PM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

The sport cats and headers can be really loud in the cabin... I took the sport cats off. The X-51 engine keeps the factory x-51 headers... I still have the Fabspeed mufflers.

I don't put my car 'away' for the winter. I drive it.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by edwardschmedward
The sport cats and headers can be really loud in the cabin... I took the sport cats off. The X-51 engine keeps the factory x-51 headers... I still have the Fabspeed mufflers.

I don't put my car 'away' for the winter. I drive it.
Thanks for the info I'll have to test the cabin noise. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the X-51 upgrade when I spec'd my car. Nice as it is (X-51), I just think it's way to expensive. I just liked the way JP's car sounded (headers, PSE and sport CATS). I'd rather listen to the engine than the BOSE anyway.

As for winter driving, there's no way for me. With the majority of these SUV's/mini-vans etc on the road and every soccer-mom and nanny driving them, or should I say "attempt" to drive in the snow. Since I drive my compay truck all over CT, I see all types in winter. I'd be too concerned that one of them is going to hit the car. Besides, the the Aerokit it was ordered with the intent to use it in Sping/Summer/Fall. That's why I have a company vehicle and another beater car.

As for the FBL facilities it rocks!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

they have a cayman gtr on display or offer rides?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:50 AM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

Their Cayman GTR is out at the LA car show.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by icon
they have a cayman gtr on display or offer rides?
The #1 GTR is in LA for Yokohama Tires. There was #4 being built-up and was on the lift when we were there. No rides though.

Deanski
Old 12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry I missed the event and missed meeting all of you. I am less than 2 miles from their state-of-the-art facility. They are painting my lobster wheels and I should have them back this week. I will post pics when they are done. Having them painted the same color as the turbo wheel but leaving the lip as close to machine finish as possible. Deanski- I received a flyer in the mail from them announcing the open house.

awilks- i had them do the Techart Wheel with multi-function, REVO flash and the EVO intake. PM me and I will provide feedback.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by awilks
Jpcourt I did see your black C4S parked along the side of the building when I was pulling out and I'd wished we could have compared notes. Your car looked really sweet! Black ext w/ carrera sports wheels was a close second choice when I ordered mine. How many miles do you have on your 06 now and have you had any mechanical issues or complaints? .
I now have 3700 miles on her now after just about one year of ownership and I have had no problems at all, the car has been flawless.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:04 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Deanski
I'll have to test the cabin noise. I just liked the way JP's car sounded (headers, PSE and sport CATS). I'd rather listen to the engine than the BOSE anyway.
I can tell you, you will love the sound inside the car, no droning at all, it just sounds amazing, it’s a sound I will never get tired of listening to.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jpcourt
I can tell you, you will love the sound inside the car, no droning at all, it just sounds amazing, it’s a sound I will never get tired of listening to.
That's what I thought! Love the way it sounds, much better, more of that true Porsche sound. Best thing is being able to switch it on or off. One day, I have to go for a ride to hear it in the car itself.

I was at FBL later today and spoke to the "boys". Damn, I'm now getting bitten by the "Mod Bug" you could say. We spoke of, for one thing, Aerokit screens for the front, headers, sport cats, and they had the Bilsteins that replace the fatory ones and are better as per FBL. Also, chip the ECU with Revo, EVO air box.

They had the Basalt Black C2S on the lift today. It's there "test mule" and now has the Bilsteins in it, and more mods I could see under it. Those powder coated exhaust tips looked nice.

I'd love to lower the car. It's too damn high as it is. Aerokit or not, I'm going to lower it.

Dude: ONLY 3700? You need to drive some more!! I'm at 6400+ now!! Maybe a typeo?

Anyway, we shall see. It's quite a few mods that cost big $$, which right now may be tight. If I had an unlimited cash to do what I want.....

Hope to see you all again.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Deanski
Dude: ONLY 3700? You need to drive some more!! I'm at 6400+ now!! Maybe a typeo?
No, its not a typeo, I just need to get out more
Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jpcourt
No, its not a typeo, I just need to get out more
Do it now B4 snow.

Deanski
Old 12-09-2006, 10:13 PM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

Yo...that's me test mule, Arrrg!
I been having Bilstiens for months now, Matey...
Other mods underneath would be bilge sucking X-51age.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by edwardschmedward
Yo...that's me test mule, Arrrg!
I been having Bilstiens for months now, Matey...
Other mods underneath would be bilge sucking X-51age.
So how do the new Bilsteins feel as opposed to the stock PASM? I see these are also "active" due to the wires. How much lower can you adjust these? And are these the new PSS9-Damptronics? Was it worth it?

The X51 engine is nice, but when I spec'd my car, I just couldn't see spending $17K for just 26HP and carbon fiber airbox. It's alot of cash for a head, intake, exhaust, ecu upgrade. If they did it with lighter pistons, rods etc for higher rev and HP then I'd say it's worth it. Still, nice engine though.

One of these days, I got to put the screens in the front Aero bumper soon. Damn leaves!

Great facility they have there!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 12-10-2006, 10:22 AM
edwardschmedward
Advanced

I agree with you, generally, the X-51 engine isn't really worth it... I just am a junkie for car mods. I like the Bilstien PASM set up, it allows a stiffer ride than the stock 'sport' setting, while still allowing a comfortable city/chick ride.
You'd have to ask Kip how low you can go with it.

Quick Reply: Any C.T. folks going to Farbacher Loles today?