New C4S...Expectations exceeded

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 AM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New C4S...Expectations exceeded

Well I finally picked up my spec 07 C4S on Saturday after months of waiting and my head is still spinning from the driving experience 4 days later. Thanks to everyone on the board for all of the great information as it certainly gives you a good feeling ordering a car for this kind of dough that you actually know more about than the people at the dealership. That's not a knock on the dealer as I had a great experience at New Country in Greenwich and the car was perfect on initial inspection, but a testiment to the amount of information we all provide for each other. First off I am having probelms posting some firsts pics as when I download the photo from my digital camera into my laptop the images go into our Kodak Easyshare program and they are not in j-peg format. I'd be happy to e-mail a few to anyone willing to post them here before I can figure things out. Car is Slate Grey Metallic 6 speed with the following options: Carrera Sport wheels, black full leather, sport adaptive heated seats, crest in headrests, sport chrono, sports exhaust, center console painted Slate Grey, thicker leather steering wheel, Nav, Bose, k-40 Calibre laser/radar, clear bra. I happen to be off from work this week so I've managed to put 350 miles on clock so far and my first impression is so much more than what I remember from the test drives. I installed clear side markers day one and waited a grand total of 2 days to disconnect the sports exhaust relay which as everyone has said makes the exhaust note on this car as nice any Porsche I've ever heard. I had fabspeed exhuast on my 993 Cab and that system was nice improvement from stock but the sports exhaust sound is so tight and raspy it sounds more like a cup car without being too loud. I purposely didn't order the sport shifter as I think the stock set-up is a big improvement from previous generations and figure adding the sport shifter might be nice change down the road. I can say with colder temps in CT I do feel some notchiness going into first gear at times. Trying to keep it under 4200-4500 rpm is almost impossible but even still the power feels really strong and the car is so solid and connected to the road. Powering on the throttle coming thru corners with some help from the front wheels is a different feel than what I was used to with C2 993 but one I like for added sense of security on street. I know the track guys tend to disagree when it comes to 4 wheel vs 2 wheel drive but since I don't plan on much besides driver's ed on track I'm glad to have the C4S platform and it should really help in wet conditions. I like having the tire pressure monitor info on the center gauge as a safety measure but the psi readings from sensors are consistently 2-3lbs low. The ability to switch throttle mapping via sport chrono is is really nice feature as the car has much different personality in both settings. I plan on getting a on/off switch for PSE so that I can enjoy exhaust note in either sport or regular mode. NAV is OK but not as user friendly as wife's Range Rover and I probably would be just as happy without it. Seats are most comfortable I've experienced with so many available adjustments but I could imagine they would be tight fit with side bolsters for anyone with large frame. Well, I'm on babysitting duty so have to run but that's my initial impressions and again hoping someone can help with photos...Andy
Old 11-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for your impressions. I was really amazed with the steering feel on my C2S. The steering on my 996 seemed too easy, bordering on sloppy. The steering on my 997S fells more like that on my '87 911, which is a good thing...to me, anyway. How does the steering compare to your 993's?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 AM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steering on this car is definitely heavier than my 993 which had PSS9 installed. Feedback a touch less but not in a bad way, and I think because the 997 suspension and chassis is more developed than the 993's the the car has more "immediate" feel in terms of response to steering input if that makes sense. I haven't really pushed it yet but already can tell the handling limits on this car exceed the 993. Overall, I'd say this car will be much less taxing to drive long distances than the 993.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Andy's Pics

These are Andy's new car pics! Gotta love it.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:23 AM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome... driver her in good health!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Wow, that's a looker. Congratulations!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 285 Posts

Nice car, enjoy it carefully this holiday weekend.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautious!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Terrific looking car Andy... congratulations!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 PM
baileybonds
Instructor

Congrats!! That center console painted Slate Grey looks better than I thought it would - now I have to get one for my slate 997S...Enjoy!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:53 AM
nhs156
Intermediate

Beautiful car. 95% what I may go for myself, though I have my eye on the cocoa leather. Congrats!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:55 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

confabulastic!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:36 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice..got mine a New Country too.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Nice car.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Your new C4S

Andy,

I see you finally got your new toy!! Did Armorglove do your film?

Damn nice if you ask me! One day I'm sure I'll see you in the area before winter I hope. Sure can't miss my car with the Aero and PCCB's.

Enjoy in good health!!

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: New C4S...Expectations exceeded