Sponsored by:

Pro forma invoice in hand!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skywaterbanjo
Lori, how are you finding out the status of your car? Is your dealer providing you that information? I'm supposed to have a January build also but haven't heard anything.
I called my dealer last week. My Porsche was still in pre-production. The way I understand it is, once the car is given a vin, it gets listed on the dealers site. Check your dealer's web-site. Yours will probably show up soon too.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
skywaterbanjo
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks, Lori. Supposed to go into production 'in a couple of days' whatever that means. Sounds like yours is going to beat mine to the dealer.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Lori. Supposed to go into production 'in a couple of days' whatever that means. Sounds like yours is going to beat mine to the dealer.
Hang in there skywaterbanjo. I was beginning to feel like my car would never be built but then it just showed up on the dealer site. It's exciting to see progress.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:49 PM
helispud
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

The listing of a car on the dealer's website must be at the dealers option. I'm supposed to pickup my car (ordered on 8/24/06) Friday and it has never been listed on their site.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:12 PM
bonesmd
Intermediate

Know how you feel.My c4s cab is being built in about 5 weeks.I cannot stay away from this forum!! good luck!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 PM
9974G
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They told me a January build, late March arrival.
WHAT??? Okay, now I'm worried. I ordered my car about 5 long weeks ago and was told a March build/late April arrival. Does this sound about right?

Your build-->arrival dates look to be 2 months apart.

Waiting for another 3 months is killing me. If I have to wait 4 months...then...well, I don't know what.

Lori, congrats on the order, BTW.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:50 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Congratulations Lori. The wait won't be long now. I remember the worst part for me was when I knew my baby was crossing the Atlantic coming to see her new family. Believe or not I was checking the weather maps on the internet to make sure there weren't any rough storms on the horizon. All I could think of was "lost at sea." But believe or not when she finally landed and I knew my first porsche was on a delivery truck coming to Ct. I was like an expecting father, pacing the floor. Couldn't sleep a wink, and I was constantly on this board making sure that I covered everything. Enjoy the wait and I hope all goes well towards the end. Can't wait to see the new pics.

Take Care, Jay
Old 01-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DJ23
Congratulations Lori. The wait won't be long now. I remember the worst part for me was when I knew my baby was crossing the Atlantic coming to see her new family. Believe or not I was checking the weather maps on the internet to make sure there weren't any rough storms on the horizon. All I could think of was "lost at sea." But believe or not when she finally landed and I knew my first porsche was on a delivery truck coming to Ct. I was like an expecting father, pacing the floor. Couldn't sleep a wink, and I was constantly on this board making sure that I covered everything. Enjoy the wait and I hope all goes well towards the end. Can't wait to see the new pics.

Take Care, Jay
I've been craveing pickles and ice cream.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

I've been reading posts about people being contacted by thier dealers to inform them of thier car being on a vessle. I called my dealer and he said my car is on a vessle but he doesn't know which one. I wish my salesman was more attentive. Anyhow, how can I find out which ship it's on?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:53 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lori
I've been reading posts about people being contacted by thier dealers to inform them of thier car being on a vessle. I called my dealer and he said my car is on a vessle but he doesn't know which one. I wish my salesman was more attentive. Anyhow, how can I find out which ship it's on?
Got, or get your ONVESL date...
Then it's a snap

Old 01-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Lori
You're ONVESL Laura,......that's awesome - it's almost home !!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:31 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Lori if you can get that date MJ can probably find out the vessel and time of arrival. He did for me, which was so exciting, and I'm sure he can do the same for you. Good luck. Almost there.

Jay
Old 01-27-2007, 03:20 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Lori - it is great to hear that you've finally taken the plunge. Now go update your avitar with your options list so everyone can see what you've ordered when you post on Rennlist.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronmart
Congrats Lori - it is great to hear that you've finally taken the plunge. Now go update your avitar with your options list so everyone can see what you've ordered when you post on Rennlist.
I don't see a place to do that in my user CP.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Take the plunge.

Lori,

To add details to your signature you'll have to take one more plunge and become a member of Rennlist. As you have come to recognize, it's a great place to meet people of like interests and exchange information. But, someone has to pay to keep it going - and that's US.

Congrats on your new car. It'll be here before you know it.

MC

Quick Reply: Pro forma invoice in hand!