Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your pedals

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:36 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Ultimate Pedals too. I noticed you liked the pedals with Porsche script. Here is what Ultimate Pedals did for my Cayenne with Porsche crest...
Attached Images   
Old 11-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Dro
Instructor

What does the add-on from Ultimate Pedals look like? It just hooks up to the gas pedal?

Originally Posted by lwilkins
You're absolutely right that stock pedals are difficult to heel and toe.

I'm a racer and have heel and toed for 14 years with a variety of cars. The stock Porsche pedals always made it erratic/difficult. Another buddy who was a BMW racer who switched series to Porsches, came up to me and asked why the pedals were so poorly set up.

Bottom line, if you can find a Wings Engineering (aka Brownie Third Foot) in a swap meet, buy it. New cost about $125, fits most Porsche gas pedals (unfortunately not 997's!, but fits 964, 993 and 996 pedals). This pedal installws with no more tools than a Phillips screwdriver and 3 minutes of time. It is adjustable to the height you prefer. The company is out of business, and this pedal is no longer available, but I carry mine in my helmet bag and when I instruct in a student car, I spend the 3 minutes it takes to screw it on to their gas pedals.

After installing this heightener on the gas pedal, it is aligned with the depressed brake pedal and I can properly heel and toe on downshifts and be easy on their tranny and engine and not upset the balance during braking and turn-in, and generally look like a pro. Without that, the pedals feel clumsy, I over-rev or under-rev on downshifts and feel like a shmuck.

I've now swapped my 964 Turbo for a 997 and like everything about the 997 but the accelerator pedal height--too low.

I've got an accelerator pedal add-on from Ultimate Pedals, but haven't added it yet. But I will, because the stock setup is still too mismatched in height to use quickly.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
lwilkins
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dro
What does the add-on from Ultimate Pedals look like? It just hooks up to the gas pedal?
Yes, that's all I chose to buy.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robbonds
i like those...easy to install?
Rob - sorry for the delayed response. I bought my pedals from Maxspeed-Motorsports. I "think" (actually pretty sure) that my pedals are "gray market" items and are probably not approved to have the PORSCHE lettering on them. Consequently, I don't think that exact pedal is available anymore.

They were not hard to install on my 996. The hardest part was drilling through the brake pedal (after removing the rubber brake "cover") because the pedal is a hard allow. The clutch pedal is hard plastic. It took about 10 seconds to drill through the clutch pedal for each of the two holes, but took about 45 seconds per hole for the brake pedal. A good set of sharp, titanium drill bits made the job simple. Others on the 996 Forum had said it took them MUCH longer to drill through the brake pedal. Total install time was 30 - 35 minutes.

I am not sure what material the 997 pedals are made of, but installing them should not be much different. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Like Edgy01, I've got the Zuffenhausen pedals.
No need for anything else.
They function perfectly and are covered up as I drive

Old 11-17-2006, 04:28 PM
997 C2
Intermediate

I cut a piece of black plastic with an extension at the top and used double-stick "moulding" tape to stick to the top of the gas pedal. It's now slightly higher and wider. It took 15 mins. to make and one minute to install. 20K miles later, love it.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:56 PM
ty328
AutoX

I also got this from ebay fro $150.
Attached Images   
Old 11-17-2006, 08:48 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts