Sponsored by:

PSE

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PSE

Has anyone ever changed the exhaust tips on PSE. I'm having a hard time getting used to the different size tips
Old 11-02-2006, 07:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Mike - can't answer your "exhaust tips" question, but wanted to ask you what did you get to replace the '05 Turbo. You may have posted that info already, but my "grey matter" can't recall what you got.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:17 AM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 950 Likes on 449 Posts

I noticed when I was recording the PSE exhaust sound that the larger and smaller pipes sound quite different, almost like a woofer and a tweeter. You might want to look into why they are different sizes before you replace them as doing so may change the sound.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:23 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Well Tim I guess I have to tell this sometime so...............Cayman S...............I didn’t think I had claustrophobia but it set in shortly after purchase, three months later it and a chunk of my wallet were gone. The subwoofer is on the passenger side and the passenger’s leg rests on it, so they feel the vibrations. The drivers legs need to bend a little to the right so they fit on the peddles properly, at least in my case. The car needs more torque-HP IMHO (yes I'm still trying to gustify my actions). Starting to look for another 911 and hope to find a nice pre-owned one. I did in the mean time buy a BMW 550 after driving my wife’s Prius for a while. I’m not knocking the Prius so no flames please.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:35 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by clutchplate
I noticed when I was recording the PSE exhaust sound that the larger and smaller pipes sound quite different, almost like a woofer and a tweeter. You might want to look into why they are different sizes before you replace them as doing so may change the sound.
I really like the quad pipes on the S and am used to seeing them as the same size. When I finally got a good look at the PSE I noticed the different size and not being used to them they looked different. I'm not trying to bash them it was just a surprise.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:26 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8330
Well Tim I guess I have to tell this sometime so...............Cayman S...............I didn’t think I had claustrophobia but it set in shortly after purchase, three months later it and a chunk of my wallet were gone. The subwoofer is on the passenger side and the passenger’s leg rests on it, so they feel the vibrations. The drivers legs need to bend a little to the right so they fit on the peddles properly, at least in my case. The car needs more torque-HP IMHO (yes I'm still trying to gustify my actions). Starting to look for another 911 and hope to find a nice pre-owned one. I did in the mean time buy a BMW 550 after driving my wife’s Prius for a while. I’m not knocking the Prius so no flames please.
Mike - thanks for the update. I feel bad that I inadvertantly made you "spill the beans" about the Cayman S. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I, too, think the large/small exhaust tip on the 997 PSE looks strange. I don't think it would look so different if the large tip was "inboard" and the small tip was "outboard." Just my opinion.

Good luck on your search for your next 911.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:13 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Look at the bright side - at least they are REAL twin exhaust pipes / tips, unlike the stock exhaust tips.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:46 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Look at the bright side - at least they are REAL twin exhaust pipes / tips, unlike the stock exhaust tips.

That is true

Quick Reply: PSE