Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Did you ever get a survey from JD Powers for this purchase?
I got the survey
52.54%
I never got the survey
44.07%
I got something that was messed up
3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

J D Powers Survey

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by phaedrus242
I can say emphatically that Porsche will not be number 1 again on JD Power's survey as they are no longer using JD Power. New program to roll out soon.
If Porsche is "no longer using JD Power," that simply means Porsche can no longer quote JD Power survery results in any of their literature or advertising. It doesn't mean Porsche won't be listed in future JD Power studies. And, although it would be easy to assume that non-paying manufacturers wouldn't rank as high as paying customers, you've got to hope JD Power would be a little less transparent than that - especially since the results of their car stuff is analyzed to death in the media.
The way JD Power makes dough is by selling the rights to their survey findings to the companies they've ranked...cars, airlines, restaurants, cell phone co's, etc. It's actually a pretty sweet business plan.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received two surveys with a dollar each but that wasn't enough for me to complete them. I was subsequently promised 50 dollars from another research firm and did theirs online. Check arrived within a week, so no complaints.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:32 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to shorten that thing up. There are way too many questions and it takes way too much time.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:21 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a bunch of surveys for stuff that looked like it would be for the car, but it was really about my spending habits and other marketing crap. JD Powers is such a fraud.

Quick Reply: J D Powers Survey