Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 997S Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think that PSE or stainless tips are worthwhile. Cost on the wrong side of $2500 for no power gain. Aftermarket headers, cats & mufflers, depending on brand, will be $4000 to $7000 and yield an extra 10 to 20 hp at the rear wheels. I had no use for sport chrono or a multifunction wheel. Try both regular & sport seats to see which is more comfortable. Sport seats have gray plastic backs,which may be clash with interior color; can be had with painted or leather backs. regular seats have vinyl backs. By all means order powered seats and be sure to get seat heaters.

Really consider full leather interior, very attractive & luxurious. Get the sport shifter, but this can easily be installed later. Bose sound is another very desirable option.

Good luck. You won't regret buying a Carrera.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the PSE-great sound. I have had it unplugged to have it on all the time, but I plugged it back in and I have to say, it is very nice to be able to turn it off and on.

The sport chrono package is also something which grows on you. With sport mode on, the throttle response is great- just feels more sporty!

I am also happy with the electric seat package, sport shifter, and sport wheel. The one thing I wished I had added is the full leather package.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Curt P
One thing about the electric seats is that if you have the manual
sport seats( thats what I have) the right hand mirror does not
adjust downward when going into reverse. It is a feature
that I miss having, Makes parallel parking easier and safer for
your wheels
Curt

I have both and sometimes my side view mirror DOES go down and other times it DOES NOT.

Any idea why???
Old 09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

BTW.. I would NEVER order a porsche WITHOUT PSE.

PSE is my #1 must have option
Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have the PSE, Adaptive Sport Seats, Sport Steering Wheel, Sport Shifter and a few higher options: PCCB's, Aerokit, Yellow seatbelts, Bose, Sport Chrono, Nav, Logbook, Crest in headrests. Also have the lighted sills, nice touch! Full leather interior. Colored crest center caps.

Things I wished I ordered: Painted wheels (black) Painted seat backs, X51.

I've also installed the Cayenne Satellite kit for Sirius in my 997. Not many dealers will install as Porsche has not approved this.

PSE sounds so damn nice! With Sport Chrono, you have the ability to switch it on or off. It's louder at idle when on. You can also remove the connection to it and it's always loud.

PCCB: Unless you track or want very long wearing brakes for street, these are a bit much. One downfall: each rotor if damaged will cost $5000.00 each! But you also loose weight with PCCB's as well (good thing). Stop like an anchor thown overboard!

X51: A whole lot of $$ for little HP gain, but you get the best of everything: better intake, heads, cam, PSE included AND headers! Plus a nice dual air intake box that's carbon fiber. All under warranty!! This is one I should have done!

Enjoy the pleasure and pain of ordering!

Deanski
Old 09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
GREBNET
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Coochas
As far as the Sport Chrono option goes, this excellent article in Total 911 explains the option very well:

As for the seats,...if you are considering the adaptive sport seats make sure you are comfortable in them...they are a nice option but not everyone's frame/habitus is comfy in them. 'Test Drive' each type of seat at your local dealer. I have the power seats and love them...I do not slip on them at all in 'sporty' driving mode.
That was a great article on Sport Chrono and may have convinced me to get it...Thanks

I went to the dealer to get a better feel for options and have decided on the Sport Seats, but not electric...I liked the way they felt.
Just for kicks I sat in the back seats of a C2S...those are worthless....glad Ill be in the front.... always

I definitely like the exhaust tips on the PSE but am not thrilled about the cost so may just get the tips as an option. (from the pics on website they arent the same though)
Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
I have both and sometimes my side view mirror DOES go down and other times it DOES NOT.

Any idea why???
I think you need to turn that **** to passenger side mirror to activate the tilt down
Old 09-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
I think you need to turn that **** to passenger side mirror to activate the tilt down
That's right.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:31 AM
ryssyr
Rennlist Member

dont forget to get an aftermarket short throw shifter. i also ordered full leather. the stitching on the dash and misc other parts is a real nice detail.

i opted for the manual sport seats. i havent changed my seat settings in one year..
Old 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
GREBNET
6th Gear

Im starting to drive myself crazy trying to configure this thing.

Starting to doubt whether I need Navigation . I have it on my Cayenne S ,its occasionally useful and interesting to look at but worth $2000.. how hard is it to add afterwards if I wish I had gotten i ???

Was going to get the Sport seats but wonder about the gray backs ( doing Black on Black).

Heres what I definitely want now ( I think )

Black/Black
Sport Chrono
Carrera Sport wheels (XRR)
Self Dimming Mirrors

could people please post pics of steering wheels ?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:58 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

A nice touch with the electric seat option is to program the key to set the seat way back when the car is unlocked. That way it is easier to get into and then I press one of the memory buttons to return it to the proper position.....GR
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

How do I bring up this screen?
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2...ortchrono2.jpg

I have SC and never found this lap time screen.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by THPorsche
!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:26 AM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My two cents. I just took delivery of my 2006 Carrera S and went through many of your same issues prior to purchase. I use my car as a daily and do track it. My track experience ranges from a '02 C2 to a '04 GT3 on the Northern CA tracks and now one track event at Road Atlanta with my Carrera S.

My choices
Sport Seats manual - Good support and light. Love them
Sport Chrono - Was wary of the gimmicky better throttle response but love it now. I really like it at the track as it makes heel towing easier and more efficient. I also love the immediate response I get when I desire throttle inputs. From a purely "sporty" point of view it is alot of fun. It makes you feel like you really are in a high performance car. Finally, in Sport Chrono up to 44 mph, the PSM is much more lenient. It allows for a greater range in rear end placement in tight corners.

After those two options, I felt the base "S" package was perfect. More stuff = more weight.

Enjoy!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:16 PM
WJS
Intermediate

I took delivery in April with the following:

PSE
Sport Chrono
Electric Adaptive Sport Seat w/ leather back
Nav
Phone
Multi-Function Wheel
A few other odds and ends

Here is my experience:

PSE: Sounds way too cool to give up. Plus the chrome tips look great with my Black C4S

Sport Chrono: Cool to have when on the track, but haven't used it much

Adaptive Sport Seats: Awesome. It's nice to be able to make so many changes to your position especially during long drives. I got the leather back as I did not like the grey plastic.

Nav: I love it, it works great.

Phone: A bit quirky to use, but it is very nice to have. The hands-free picks up quite a bit of road noise for those on the other end of the line.

Multi-Function Wheel: I wish I had the sporty wheel instead. I don't find the controls that convenient and I seem to reach to the console more often anyways. If you're driving so fast that you need to keep both hands on the wheel, you shouldn't be playing around with your Nav, Radio or telephone anyways. The sports steering wheel is much more comfortable. TechArt makes a multi-function sport wheel, but it's visual appearance does not look that great with all of the extra leather I put in the car.

Bose Sound: Forget it. Spend your money on the PSE. The audio sounds OK when the car is shut off. You can't appreciate any difference over the standard sound when the engine is working.

Have fun.

Quick Reply: 2007 997S Order