Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed & K40 Calibre INSTALLED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry the K40 Calibre doesnt work...Its a total waste of money. How are you testing your laser jammers when they are installed? A Stealthy install doesnt mean your ticket free. A K40 Calibre in plain site will not protect you either.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by P-Car944
Sorry the K40 Calibre doesnt work...Its a total waste of money. How are you testing your laser jammers when they are installed? A Stealthy install doesnt mean your ticket free. A K40 Calibre in plain site will not protect you either.
Why would you put such a bold statement regarding a system that has been well known, and tested? What data do you have to back this up?

K40 has saved both myself and others from traps.

We're all ears to listen to vaild proof, not knocking a product just because you may like another.

Deanski
Old 03-25-2007, 08:42 PM
P-Car944
Banned

Ok lets not argue here...this is about eye opening...What tests have showed K40 ever working? I am going to very soon testing a BMW E46 with K40 Calibre but I know what the results will be. I would hope my laser jammer system worked also if I paid that much. Do you know that a K40 Rep (Stereo shop owner that sell K40 Calibre) only pays $150 for the entire Calibre but charged you $2000 plus. Do you know anyone with a police laser gun? If so, make him your best friend. Try to look for any true K40 owners who have video taped any true laser traps or actual testing of the K40 Calibre system, I have tried but cant find any. I wonder why. BTW you have a very Porsche. Do you have pics of your install?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:21 PM
icruze
Racer

Ok lets not argue here...
Why not? Don't want your ignorance revealed?

this is about eye opening...
I don’t think opening your eyes would do any good considering the location of your head.

What tests have showed K40 ever working?
There are a number of independent tests that have shown that it works. If you are so knowledgeable about these systems you should already know where to look for those tests. Don’t get me wrong, no laser jamming system is going to protect you 100% of the time. Laser guns are instant-on and have a narrow beam. However, by having a jamming system you will get some protection and is a lot better than nothing.

I would hope my laser jammer system worked also if I paid that much. Do you know that a K40 Rep (Stereo shop owner that sell K40 Calibre) only pays $150 for the entire Calibre but charged you $2000 plus.
If someone paid $2000, they overpaid…but that price includes installation not only the $150 in equipment (assuming your figures are as accurate as the rest of your post ). Oh, just in case you were wondering how much I paid, it was $0. You get some perks when you buy a $100K car. Nevertheless, I would have gladly paid $1200 for the entire system installed regardless of how much profit the installer was making. There are better radar detectors out there but I prefer a stealth install (I also know there are better laser diffusers out there too).

Try to look for any true K40 owners who have video taped any true laser traps or actual testing of the K40 Calibre system, I have tried but can’t find any. I wonder why.
As I mentioned before, there are independent tests out there all you need to do is look. Even if you only did a search here on rennlist you would have found this (sorry no video was included ):
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/325654-k40-passed-first-laser-test.html
Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
P-Car944
Banned

Did you see my K40 Calibre video test on the Lamborghini Gallardo?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Did you see my K40 Calibre video test on the Lamborghini Gallardo?
Have you submitted this video to Calibre? Have you invited them as well as other mfgs to this "test"?

I'd just like to hear Calibre side to the issue and claim that the system "does not work".

Deanski
Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I have contacted several K40 reps to test customers cars just make sure they are installed correctly because the store has no way to really test the K40 nor does any other store that matter unless they own a police laser gun which I have never seen nor have I ever run into a laser jammer rep that sells the typical laser jammer or radar detector that really knows anything about their product. The last website that tested and showed a video of the K40 Calibre not working was sued and you cant even talk about it or they will get sued again. Why would I want to submit it to K40? I would rather educate fellow drivers about something that is not what it seems. When I test this guys BMW E46 with the K40 Calibre it will be on video again and I will let you all see the results, I will see if any of my laser jammer contacts that have Police laser guns live in the CT. area and you guys can get together if you can do some testing.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 AM
P-Car944
Banned

I have contacted several K40 reps to test customers cars ( but they wont) just make sure they are installed correctly because the store has no way to really test the K40 nor does any other store that matter unless they own a police laser gun which I have never seen nor have I ever run into a laser jammer rep that sells the typical laser jammer or radar detector that really knows anything about their product. The last website that tested and showed a video of the K40 Calibre not working was sued and you cant even talk about it or they will get sued again. Why would I want to submit it to K40? I would rather educate fellow drivers about something that is not what it seems. When I test this guys BMW E46 with the K40 Calibre it will be on video again and I will let you all see the results, I will see if any of my laser jammer contacts that have Police laser guns live in the CT. area and you guys can get together if you can do some testing.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Disagree

P-Car, sorry to contradict your statement regarding K-40's not working. I have had Calibre K-40 w/ Liditek front/rear laser diffusors since November 2006 on my C4S and it has saved me 2 laser tickets already. I live in CT and already posted my experience on rt 84 a couple of months ago when the system worked flawelessly and saved me a tkt long before I could even see the well hidden trooper. Just last week 1/4mile from my house while driving 42mph on a long straight back road with a 25mph limit I was totally surprised to hear the laser warning go off as I did not see any patrol car...sure enough at the end of the straight there was the local cop with his laser gun out the window and once again I had plenty of warning to slow to withing legal limit and avoided my second tkt in less than 3 mo's. Yes, I should slow down but I usually keep it very civil around town but like to get on it when situations allow and traffic is light. Again, sorry for you bad experience with K-40 but I am totally satisfied with mine and love the stealthy installation and fact it works in my opinion BETTER than advertised!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM
P-Car944
Banned

Key word...Lidetek. I didnt have a bad experience with K40, I just test laser jammers in real world situations.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:02 PM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Still disagree. I too should have been more specific. I have Lidatek "Laser ECHO LE-30" with front and rear transponders in conjunction with my Calibre bluetooth K-40 radar detector. So far, in past 4mo's my "real world" tests, one with NY state trooper and one with local CT police, my test score is 100%. That's all the testing I need to prove this technology works. Fact is it has already saved me 2 costly tickets as well as points on my license and potentially higher insurance premiums. As for the K-40 radar unit I have used both V1 and Passport 8500 previously in local CT area and was tired of dealing with false signals...I have yet to get a false signal on the same roads with K-40. ps have u considered a membership to Rennlist? It's a small price to pay for all of this great information!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 PM
P-Car944
Banned

I will get a membership very soon. I took a long break from Rennlist since my 944 has the engine out and looking forward to doing a big break upgrade.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM
P-Car944
Banned

I will get a membership very soon. I took a long break from Rennlist since my 944 has the engine out and looking forward to doing a big brake upgrade.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed & K40 Calibre INSTALLED!