Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:21 AM
tom0511
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Exhaust Package

I'm also interested in the sport exhaust package maybe someone has a sample of how it sounds, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks again
Old 08-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I've struggled with this decision since I bought my car off the lot rather than ordering it. It seems many who have PSE are configuring it to be active all the time. After researching other options like AWE and Fabspeed I've decided to have the Fabspeed Max-Flow muffle with SS tips installed. Placed order yesterday and have an install appointment on Mon 8/25.

Best approach is to make sure you listen to PSE and other options live. The web site sound files are okay but don't do justice to the live sound.

Good luck.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:44 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,087 Likes on 623 Posts

Have had good luck with my AWE system - no issues and great sound. Have cats and exhaust.

Note: It's way cheaper than PSE.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I have Fabspeed mufflers and LOVE IT!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my experience, the website sound files don't sound the same as listening in person. The Fabspeed are quieter and deeper than the PSE at higher rpms, but have a very low rumble at idle. I have a pair of Fabspeed mufflers and are very satisfied with them.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:26 AM
gmoney99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go aftermarket. better value for money, pick a sound you love from many options, and lose weight to boot.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tedder Bear
I've struggled with this decision since I bought my car off the lot rather than ordering it. It seems many who have PSE are configuring it to be active all the time. After researching other options like AWE and Fabspeed I've decided to have the Fabspeed Max-Flow muffle with SS tips installed. Placed order yesterday and have an install appointment on Mon 8/25.

Best approach is to make sure you listen to PSE and other options live. The web site sound files are okay but don't do justice to the live sound.

Good luck.
Tedder-

Out of curiosity. Why did you go with the Fabspeed over our system? It would be nice to know what it is we could have done differently to earn your business.

If you want to keep your reasons to yourself, I would totally understand.

TIA.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:47 PM
setUout
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the full AWE system. So far i have about 2k miles on it with no issues. I get alot of compliments on the sound.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Tedder-

Out of curiosity. Why did you go with the Fabspeed over our system? It would be nice to know what it is we could have done differently to earn your business.

If you want to keep your reasons to yourself, I would totally understand.

TIA.
Mike - although I went with PSE on my '07 order, I'm appreciative and impressed with the way you guys do business. No product is so perfect it cannot be improved (and a "product" is not just the thing that arrives in the box).
Old 08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Mike - Glad to share my decision making process with you. I conducted considerable research and read many hours of Rennlist member comments. The AWE mufflers sounded good too.

However, I have several friends who have Fabspeed mufflers. They are very satisfied. Also the aftermarket shop in town who will do the installation recommended the Fabspeed. Basically it came down to a stronger group of personal recommendations tilting my decision in favor of the Fabspeed.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

tedder, can you tell us how the exhaust sounds at different rpm's? do you have any droning or resonance at cruising speeds? too loud, too soft, etc? thanks

edit: i just read that you said it was getting installed on monday 8/25. so is it monday or 8/25
Old 08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

DrDrilZ: Sorry, not being installed until Mon 8/25. Will probably pick it up on Tue/Wed (depending on my return to town). Will provide update then.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedder Bear
DrDrilZ: Sorry, not being installed until Mon 8/25. Will probably pick it up on Tue/Wed (depending on my return to town). Will provide update then.
no prob. but i guess u mean monday the 28th then
Old 08-21-2006, 10:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Mike/AWE, I'd like to let you know why I went with Fabspeed as well. My desecion was swayed by the many others that recomended Fabspeed, from tunning shops I called to a few local dealers than have installed Fabspeed and knew of Fabspeed. Fabspeed has been around the exhuast game for a long long time and many know about them. Since I can not see and hear a AWE muffler I had to go with professional opinions. None of the local shops new of AWE. Now that not to say you guys don't make an awesome muffler but I have not heard one bad thing about Fabspeed. I must say that I heard a few people say on internet sites the AWE mufflers sound farty and weird at idle and low rpm's. Since I could not hear a AWE for myself I went with Fabspeed. The other mufflers I considered were the Tubi Style mufflers and they sound awesome but they are more than $1000 more than AWE or Fabspeed so I balked at them. I hope this feedback helps you out with some marketing.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Meant Monday 8/28.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust Package