Sponsored by:

Some photos...(UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Dro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some photos...(UPDATED)

Only snapped a couple so far. I have Moe coming to detail tomorrow so I will get some much nicer shots after he is done around sunset...

Here are some new pics I took today 8-12-06.

Been destroying the canyons all over around here...I can barely sleep at night. I love this car!

Last edited by Dro; 08-12-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
kcl
Instructor

I hear Moe does great work. Can't wait to see the finished pics.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

All I get is read X's.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Dro
Instructor

Sorry... i guess webshots took a dump. Fixed it.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

When Moe gets done with your interior, it will be better than new and you and the leather will be much happier. The leather is very thirsty when you get the car from the dealer and will look awesome when Moe gets done feeding it.

Be sure to show us more photos when completed! That's a real beauty, enjoy it!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Nice pics! I like the red border around the floor mats.

By the way are you using a camera phone to take the pictures?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Dro
Instructor

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
Nice pics! I like the red border around the floor mats.

By the way are you using a camera phone to take the pictures?
yea...sorry about the quality. I will use my camera tomorrow, i gotta remember to grab it at the office.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Damn it! I knew I should have gone to the black wheels! They look great!
I tried to change the order, but was locked out. Ah, so I have the stock S wheels with color crests.

Enjoy!

Deanski
Old 08-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Dro
Instructor

Well Moe spent about 11 hours on my car yesterday...and all I can say is wow! First off he is one of the nicest guys around. Secondly he really knows his stuff and is very passionate about what he does. I recommend him to any one in Southern Cali.
I am more than happy with the results. It looks 2X better then when I received it from the dealer!
Once he was done it was getting dark so the photos didn't come out great. I will post some when I get em.

Deanski, I love your 997. If you had the black wheels with your aerokit it would look insane!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dro
Deanski, I love your 997. If you had the black wheels with your aerokit it would look insane!
Don't remind me Maybe one day I'll have to get another set in black!

I'd also love to lower it with the H&R springs, but I know I'll be changing the lip often. That's why I just got the GT3 one. It's matte black. Original from the Aero come primed and has to be painted.

As much as I love a good glaze and wax, I switched all clients to Zaino sealant when a high gloss, long protection and how easy it is to maintain. For concours events, I'll just top with Souveran wax (perfect for blacks) as it doesn't last long, but with Zaino under it, it's very deep wet pool of black. Just hate the dust it attracts, but it does look damn nice!

Zymol is made not too far from where I live. I've been there to pick-up some of the high-end wax that costs $$$$$. Lifetime refills! But to me, it's silly spending big $$ for wax that you have to "hand massage" on the finish. There is only so much carnuba in a wax as it is.

Anyway, enjoy the shine and invest in an indoor cover. Dealer threw one in as a gift.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 08-10-2006, 12:56 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dro
Well Moe spent about 11 hours on my car yesterday...and all I can say is wow! First off he is one of the nicest guys around. Secondly he really knows his stuff and is very passionate about what he does. I recommend him to any one in Southern Cali.
I am more than happy with the results. It looks 2X better then when I received it from the dealer!
Once he was done it was getting dark so the photos didn't come out great. I will post some when I get em.

To do it right, it truly is an 11 hour job or even longer, especially if it just came from the dealer. I'd bet Moe eliminated all the swirls and that paint is like glass. How'd the leather come out?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Dro
Instructor

Originally Posted by Deanski
Don't remind me Maybe one day I'll have to get another set in black!

I'd also love to lower it with the H&R springs, but I know I'll be changing the lip often. That's why I just got the GT3 one. It's matte black. Original from the Aero come primed and has to be painted.

Regards,
Deanski
Yea i bought the H&R springs before i took delivery of the car and after driving around I am unsure about having them installed. And I dont think it looks that bad stock. We will see if I change my mind.
My indoor car cover arrived yesterday!

mastiffdog,

Yea the leather came out amazing...you were right!! Yup and all the swirl marks the dealer made from the wash they did are all gone! When Moe was done it looked so amazing i didnt even want to drive it. That lasted for about 5 minutes and I was off to pick up my date for the evening
Old 08-10-2006, 02:35 PM
fluid15

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

What was done to the leather?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

He (and now I do too) uses Zymol leather products. It starts with a good vaccum, then their cleaner and "Treat". It will feed the leather evenly and not give it that slick and shiney look that I find undersireable. The leather on these cars when new is very thirsty, so a few applications the first 2 months is not unusual. If you email Moe directly, I know he'd be happy to provide the steps.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
humbug
Advanced

Do you have to clean the leather if it is not noticably soiled before applying additional conditioner? My C4S is new so I just been feeding the leather with conditioner.

Quick Reply: Some photos...(UPDATED)