Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Hi everyone, thnks for all the reply's. I know you all probably answer stupidmuffler questions all the time so thanks for answering mine and not flaming!

From what I've read on the internet I could do thi install myself since no bumpershave to be removed and it's a new car so all the bolts and connections should just come right off...correct?

Tubi, prices just seem really too expensive. Nottrying to cheap out but the Fabspeed and AWE seem just as well built and and more favored by all of you on here over the Tubi. The PSE dealer installed is $2700!!!!! Dang! For the price of Tubi or PSE I can almost get headers and mufflers from AWE or Fabspeed!

Please keep the thoughts, opinons and reply's coming. Car will be here in 10 days.

thanks, Mike
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have sound clips of the AWE? It's interesting to note that both Fabspeed and AWE are based out of PA. Why would that be?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Todd/A.W.E.
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have sound clips of the AWE?
Check out our webpage for a nice video of the system at idle, part throttle, and full throttle:

AWE Tuning 997S Exhaust System

It's interesting to note that both Fabspeed and AWE are based out of PA. Why would that be?
Just a coincidence as far as location, but quite a difference as far as actual product origin.

Our systems have *always* been manufactured in-house. Our manufacturing department has a mandrel bender, several Miller TIG welders, a Fadal CNC vertical mill, and a very busy production line. We also have our own chassis dyno.

Pictures of 997S systems currently in production here at AWE Tuning:

Also, check out our facility tour:

AWE Tuning Facility Tour

I don't like "throwing mud" at competitors, but the statements above about in-house facilities cannot be said about the other brand you are inquiring about.

We are very proud of our facility and the top quality products that it produces, and we feel that consumers should know that there are indeed major differences between the ways that leading brands are made. I don't know how to delicately say this, but the other brand has never had an in house manufacturing or R&D facility, and up until the last few months, their entire operation was based out of the principle's house in a residential development.

And I know these as facts simply because the two companies are within 10 miles of each other.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Fabspeed?