Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i still like it...and i think the chrono looks cool
Old 07-10-2006, 02:18 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I'm glad you guys are being forthright about your experiences with the altered throttle map and are confirming what I had said all along about the inherent shortcomings with this gimmick.

It's also too bad that Porsche decided to package some features and personal settings into the Sport Chrono option, such as daytime running lamps! ... For crying out loud, what do these little convenience settings and features have to do with a so-called Sport option??? ... Seems to me, and I've said it before, that this was not one of the brightest ideas to come out of their marketing dept. And I wouldn't be surprised if they abandon this is subsequent model changes.

The whole package idea - the take it all or take none at all - is so unlike Porsche, which prides itself in offering ultimate customization and personalization, and smacks of those pre-packaged options offered by lesser manufacturers. .... Reminds me of those bills pushed through Congress stuffed with pork. If only we had line-item veto power.
Ha, ha, ha - I was waiting for you to chime in Ben.

I still like the "wart" as I still think it looks cool, but I'm happy to admit that you are correct in saying it is a bit of a bungled bundle. I can't blame them for launching it the way they did to get people to try out the wart, but I agree they should probably drop the package and offer it separately.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Speaking of which - why not de-bundle it in the future, and then offer it as an "upgrade" for previous models? I can't think of much (components of SC) that can't be accomplished with a software upgrade. As I recall, the SC doesn't include many physical parts aside from the "wart".
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Anyone know if the throttle control ECU is the same with and without Sport Chrono and the wiring of the Sport Chrono switch?

I have seen with other cars instances where the ECU is the same but the additional function is achieved by grounding a terminal on the ECU with a switch. Perhaps this is the case with Porsche, and if one does not have Sport Chrono option a switch or ground wire could be installed to change the throttle response curve.

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono Question