Thinking of buying the FabspeedCold Air Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Thinking of buying the FabspeedCold Air Kit

I have a base '06 997 stock and wonder what you all think of the Fabspeed 997 Cold Air Kit ?

I visited the Fabspeed site and it seems to make a nice sound. Have any of you installed the kit? What do you think of it?

Thanks very much

Matt
Old 07-09-2006, 07:06 PM
raffi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im selling my cold air kit, I sent you a pm
Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

HI Matt

This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports. I personally design all the Fabspeed Maxflo CUP style airintake systems for all the Porsche and Ferrari cars.

Our maxflo 996 and 997 Cold Air kits improve upon Porsches factory air intake system. You simply replace several componenets of the fcatory airbox and either re-use the fcatory paper airfilter OR we offer a BMC F1 airfilter. The 996 and 997 retains the factory positioning of the Mass Air Flow sensor and its integrated plastic ABS screen (that straightens incoming airflow for no C.E.L. lights!) and our systems improves airflow substantially and you can hear and feel the power and I have posted VIDEOS of before and After along with dyno results.

Our maxflo Cold Air upgrade kit has been used by mnay street and track 996 and 997 cars and even professional Grand AM ROLEX CUP teams are running our system along with PCA & POC racers and DE enthusiasts. The system works great on the street to race track. Fabspeed intake system is a simple "doityourself " value priced system that works.

Visit
www.fabspeed.com
info@fabspeed.com

If your cruise by the shop we will install the system while you wit!
have a great day
Joe Fabiani
215-646-4945 (9828fax)
Old 07-10-2006, 01:04 PM
CarreraS06
Intermediate

Raffi : Why are you selling your kit ?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 RS Clubsport
HI Matt

This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports. I personally design all the Fabspeed Maxflo CUP style airintake systems for all the Porsche and Ferrari cars.

Our maxflo 996 and 997 Cold Air kits improve upon Porsches factory air intake system. You simply replace several componenets of the fcatory airbox and either re-use the fcatory paper airfilter OR we offer a BMC F1 airfilter. The 996 and 997 retains the factory positioning of the Mass Air Flow sensor and its integrated plastic ABS screen (that straightens incoming airflow for no C.E.L. lights!) and our systems improves airflow substantially and you can hear and feel the power and I have posted VIDEOS of before and After along with dyno results.

Our maxflo Cold Air upgrade kit has been used by mnay street and track 996 and 997 cars and even professional Grand AM ROLEX CUP teams are running our system along with PCA & POC racers and DE enthusiasts. The system works great on the street to race track. Fabspeed intake system is a simple "doityourself " value priced system that works.

Visit
www.fabspeed.com
info@fabspeed.com

If your cruise by the shop we will install the system while you wit!
have a great day
Joe Fabiani
215-646-4945 (9828fax)
Joe,

I looked on the fabspeed.com website, but didn't see the CAI listed under the 997 & 997S section.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM
raffi
Pro

i get bored easily and since they are not too expensive I want to try the K&N or EVO intake,
I definitely noticed an increase in sound with my kit and possibly better throttle response but it may be my imagination. All this hype about the K&N and previous testimonials about the benefits of the evo have peaked my interest, and i dont see any loss in trying them out.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:55 PM
raffi
Pro

gravedgr, it is definitely there, it is different from the K&N or EVO, it is the red tube with the red cap, combined with a K&N/BMC filter.
Joe has a video explaining its benefits, then a sample of the sound.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:31 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by raffi
gravedgr, it is definitely there, it is different from the K&N or EVO, it is the red tube with the red cap, combined with a K&N/BMC filter.
Joe has a video explaining its benefits, then a sample of the sound.
Okay, I'll look again. The website could use some better organization.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
I have a base '06 997 stock and wonder what you all think of the Fabspeed 997 Cold Air Kit ?

I visited the Fabspeed site and it seems to make a nice sound. Have any of you installed the kit? What do you think of it?

Thanks very much

Matt

Save your money. For $225 you get a rubber elbow and a plastic cover for the Helmholtz resonator outlet.

There have been a gazillion threads on this topic.

If you disable the resonator, you WILL get a more aggressive sound .I think that's why some people believe they got more power as well .
You can easily disable the Helmoltz resonator yourself if you want the extra sound. I did and it sounds very nice . Just put a plug into the small bypass hose on your factory air box outlet .
( It will definitely not hurt anything and you do not have to disconnect the resonator controls )

But, if you believe a piece of rubber hose will give you extra HP, by all means go for it . At least it won't hurt anything . Lol
Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

the Schnell kit looks exactly the same and it was $125 this morning from vertex on ebay!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Originally Posted by larrytrk
the Schnell kit looks exactly the same and it was $125 this morning from vertex on ebay!
It IS the same. Maybe Fabspeed's is a nicer red and made from extra virgin silicone rubber? Lol

I just can't believe that people fall for this BS.
12 more HP from a rubber elbow ?? That's almost half the HP you get from Porsche's $ 17,000 performance package which includes.... ( well it's all been discussed ad nauseam )
Old 07-11-2006, 03:15 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default is the EVO the same deal?

or is it a bit more sophisticated?

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying the FabspeedCold Air Kit