Sponsored by:

Rejex: I love this stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:00 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
I really have to post a pic of the car now after trying the new Zaino Z5-Pro that has been released. Better hiding and deeper gloss.
Regards,
Deanski
Just got mine and I agree...now, Dr., there isn't really a use for Z2Pro?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z5-Pro vs Z2-Pro

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Just got mine and I agree...now, Dr., there isn't really a use for Z2Pro?
Well, not really a "need" for Z2-Pro if the Z5-Pro is doing exactly what you wanted it to do. It may take several coats to hide more and fill any minor defects. Z2-Pro was designed to deliver maximum levels of shine, gloss, clarity, reflectivity, depth and optical detail. With 99.9% optical clarity. It's more clear than ever before. And without that Saran-Wrap look!

With any Zaino, the added use of Z6 or the new Z8 detail spray adds more depth and slickness to each coat. It makes each coat go on that much easier.

The catalyst additive ZFX enables Z5-Pro or Z2-Pro to be layered up to 3 coats in one day and it adds in helping it cure to the finish as well as making Zaino last longer on the finish.

You'll find that one ounce will cover the car and you'll still have some left. Use what's left for the wheels! As long as it's applied very, very thin, it's easy to remove w/o streaking. If that does happen, mix up some Z7 car wash with some distilled water in a spray bottle. Spray the area and wipe off. Save the Z6 or Z8 for better things.

Also, the finish will now feel very very slick. Easier to now maintain!

I really like the new Z8 spray. Just adds that much more gloss when you want to really turn heads! I use it before any road trips to have a bit more protection. Watch how easy bugs come off now!

Enjoy the new Z5-Pro. I'm sure you also got one in the old Z5 bottle and label. As long as it's purple in color, you have he new Z5-Pro. Sal is working on getting new labels/bottles but wants t use up what's in inventory now.

Oh yea, wait till you drive into a lighted garage say like at a mall or other highly lit area, you better give out the sunglasses if people are going to look.

Deanski
Dr. Shine
Old 06-06-2006, 11:52 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Must agree with all of your points I love Z8 and have been using ZFX enabled Z2 Pro and now Z5 Pro (yes it is purple in the old container). I became a convert earlier this year and won't go back to anything...although I will try rejex on the wheels per your rec. (I was using Poorboys wheel sealant). I do tend to put too much on with my PC (end up using about 1.7 oz)...just not a pro yet.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Must agree with all of your points I love Z8 and have been using ZFX enabled Z2 Pro and now Z5 Pro (yes it is purple in the old container). I became a convert earlier this year and won't go back to anything...although I will try rejex on the wheels per your rec. (I was using Poorboys wheel sealant). I do tend to put too much on with my PC (end up using about 1.7 oz)...just not a pro yet.
Zaino really should be applied by hand as you waste quite a bit getting the pad primed if using a PC. It's OK for the first application to aid in hiding minor marring, but after that, do it by hand. You'll see how fast and easy it is by hand and see how much you have left!

Glad to know you got the new Z5-Pro as I was not aware it's released yet, but obviously it is. Sal is always trying to get the latest and greatest out. After all, his name is on the products!

Poorboys Wheel Sealant (red wax looking) does an OK job, but this is an area you need a high-temp product due to the heat generated. Most normal waxes used on wheels is a waste as caranuba melts at 160 degrees and less when mixed with oils.

The new Z8 to me is like crack! Never can get enough of it! I even have a fine mister to really cover an area with very fine particles.

Pollen comes off much easier and with a foam gun it just melts away!

You can still use the PC, just on another car not using Zaino and needing some swirls taken out or wax application.

Enjoy the Z5-Pro and Z8 Grand Finale

Deanski,
Dr. Shine
Old 06-07-2006, 12:48 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dweiser
Sometimes we assume too much too quickly Ben and arrive at somewhat silly conclusions...
Yes, Don, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the assumption end. ... And no, my bottle of Rejex didn't come from Eric, as you were assuming it did. Like I said, a buddy of mine ordered two bottles of the stuff and I know for a fact that he didn't order from bumperplugs.com. He's not a p-car owner nor a Rennlist reader. He drives a beemer and he heard about Rejex from friends of his who raved about it and so he wanted to try it out.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default packaging

In fact, the flip up spout was taped down with masking tape to keep the product from leaking out during shipment.
Maybe they should have used some plastic wrap to seal the bottle, this way you also get the opportunity to see what your finish will look like afterwards!

If those of you that are happy with this stuff, fine. If I ever got a bottle of this, it would only be used for wheel protection if that. I just know that there are better sealants besides Zaino and Klasse that most do not hear of as they are more for professional use. Even some consumer-grade sealants are very nice as well, but you just don't hear of these.

Rejex does work, it's just the look of a finish after application I do not like. I have to admit to one thing, they have a very good marketing individual writting the wonders of the product in detail. Very nicely done and gets your attention.

Go and enjoy what works/looks good in your eyes.

Deanski
Dr. Shine
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Snoopy
Racer

I have a jar of the Poorboys wheel sealant as well. Used about 4 weeks ago and it has worked great, though need to reapply. First three weeks after I used it the brake dust wiped right off.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

There's been several discussions on the Poorboys Wheel Sealant. More info on Detailcity.org and go the the Sponsors Forums, Poorboys World (Steve) has a forum there.

One great sealant is his EX-P, a few coats of that, then topped with Natty wax looks very very wet and deep. If it's a dark finish, Natty Blue wax. The EX-P doesn't last as long as some other sealants, but it sure looks good with wax topping it.

I have a can of the stuff as well. Nice red in color. Smells good too!

One of these days, I need to get my car on the lift so I can remove the wheels and give them a better cleaning and treatment. I can also get the underside clean and detailed as well. That should be easy since it's got that "pan" under the car. I just clean all suspension and dress, wheel wells etc.

When I had the Lexus SC430, the dealers service dept didn't want to touch the car it was so clean. A few times, they had to check the odometer to make sure it was not a new car for prep. It freaks them out all the time. I even did a full detail on one of the service techs Lexus. He's a very happy camper! Gave him a "kit" with products to maintain it.

****? ME? noooo

Deanski,
Dr. Shine
Old 06-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Poorboys World

Oh yea, forgot to mention that if you go to the homepage of Poorboys World, the logo at the top is a red Lexus SC430. Scroll down and you'll see shots of my car when I had EX-P on it. You loose some of the clear detail on it as he had to reduce them for his site.

And no, I'm not involved with Poorboys World.

Each year, he hosts a "Detail Day" in Haverstraw, NY and users get to try ANY product that day! You'll see many top detailers at work that day! There is a thread from last years at Detailcity.org in the PBW forum. You'll see a few shots of me and others sweating like all hell that day as it was HOT, really HOT! It's always fun to go to these! Keep an eye on that thread for any updates for this years event.

Deanski,
Dr. Shine
Old 06-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Snoopy
Racer

Originally Posted by Deanski
Oh yea, forgot to mention that if you go to the homepage of Poorboys World, the logo at the top is a red Lexus SC430. Scroll down and you'll see shots of my car when I had EX-P on it. You loose some of the clear detail on it as he had to reduce them for his site.

And no, I'm not involved with Poorboys World.

Each year, he hosts a "Detail Day" in Haverstraw, NY and users get to try ANY product that day! You'll see many top detailers at work that day! There is a thread from last years at Detailcity.org in the PBW forum. You'll see a few shots of me and others sweating like all hell that day as it was HOT, really HOT! It's always fun to go to these! Keep an eye on that thread for any updates for this years event.

Deanski,
Dr. Shine
Cool. I really like the wheel sealant. Also like the spray and wipe detail spray. Found out about those products on autopia.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Cool. I really like the wheel sealant. Also like the spray and wipe detail spray. Found out about those products on autopia.
I use the S&W all the time to get the fine dust/pollen off first before I go to my Z8! No reason to waste the Z8 on "cleaning", since S&W does just that w/o adding any gloss additives.

Steve is always working on new things. You should check out the website as he also has a forum on there as well. Many of his polishes can be worked with in the sun (not that I would recommend it) but it can be done.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Rejex: I love this stuff!