Sponsored by:

long term inactivity

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well to add my 01 cent:
Chevron says their fuel is good for up to a year storage if kept in an air tight container like a car fuel tank. Only if temps go above 80°F do you need a fuel stabilizer. That's why I use fuel stabilizer during the summer even if the car is garaged. 80°F isn't that hard to reach on some days at my house where the garage is an indepedent wing of the house. Underground/climate controlled garages probably have no worries in regards to temp.
As an extra precaution, use a fuel injection cleaner once you reactivate the car. That should get rid of whatever. Also change the oil to a very low weight oil like a 0W40 before storage. You want it to flow quickly after all the oil has dripped back to the tank. A thick oil may delay reaching critical parts.
Also don't set your handbrake and lift your wipers off the glass. Moth ***** in the car with air freshener.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:57 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys - much appreciated! Methinks the easiest solution would be to pack it in a truck and take it on tour...but I somehow doubt that my bandmates would sanction the added expense! Perhaps Prozac is the cheaper option.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:13 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

irish any shows in Vancouver?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:23 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
irish any shows in Vancouver?
Not yet, but we usually get there over the course of a tour. I've only seen shows till Sept. Canada might be in Oct or Nov.

Quick Reply: long term inactivity