Sponsored by:

sports seat vs reg. seat ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:30 PM
micgreeny
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sports seat vs reg. seat ??

the other day I got to sit in a sport set but did not drive, felt very good, but worried that on long drive it might not. I like the way they look and feel but only someone thats had some miles on one would know. I have already ordered and would need to make change soon. this will help a lot to get some feed back. thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

I like mine, but I like the snug fit. They are comfortable on most trips, but honestly I found more than 2 hours and I was getting cramped. Of course that happens sitting in any car for me. MJones I think has long trips under his belt in sport seats.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:04 PM
drbf
Pro

I tried the sport seat but for the regular seat with lumbar support was more comfortable. Try them both if possible.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just changed from regular electric seats to sports adaptives in the switch from coupe to cab. I think the sports/adaptives are more comfortable - but your mileage may vary.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:17 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I found the sport seats just too firm and tight (I might be too wide). For the track they are better, but for just driving around the standard seats with the power option felt better.....
Old 04-14-2006, 06:28 PM
MMD
Banned

I have the adaptives and loooove them. What's funny is my a** really hurt after taking delivery of the car and driving for a hundred miles. I worried maybe I got the wrong seats! Turns out NOW they are the most comfortable seats in any of my cars. After a long drive I'm in no hurry to get out and stretch so that's GOT to be a good sign of the seats comfort. I can't explain why they got sooooo comfortable after scaring me at delivery. Maybe your butt rewires itsellf or the foam needs to "crush-in" a bit. nevertheless, it IS a weird phenomena that other guys have reported.

Both standard seats and A.S.S. are much better than the 996 era. Either one is comfortable. Get the adaptives if you want more convenience and comfort adjustments. definitely money well-spent.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

The adaptive sport seats are great for long distance driving and even track use. I put in 2000 miles on the road in europe and also 8 laps around the Ring and never had a back ache or fatigue from the seats. They gripped firmly and no sliding or slipping. Nice shoulder support. One of my favorite seats ever.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the adaptive sport seat and find them very comfortable. I am a big guy with long legs and have to put the seat all the way back. I could actually use another inch or two of leg room, but this has nothing to do with the seat style. The lumbar support feels good. I have done 500 mile drives with no discomfort. Try out both types of seats. Be aware that the sport seat has a gray plastic back, unless other options are specified. By all means, get seat heaters and power, they should be standard in a car of this level.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
steve775
Instructor

I love the adaptive sport seats. I'm 6 ft 195 lbs, they fit me perfectly, best seats I ever had.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

this is a total funtion of your person anatomy and there is no right answer...also , one sports are the ones to get if you are going to be pulling high Gs on the track...on the street, i find the power seats with the power lumbar to be absolute heaven.....the sports felt a little cramped to me ...
Old 04-14-2006, 08:05 PM
tkids
Pro

I drove in both the sport seat and the regular seat. The regular seat worked great for me!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
micgreeny
Instructor

will I just changed my order, from reg seats to the sports seats, ( non adap.) I hope I made the right choose(hope I spelled that right??? can't spell worth a sh*!@)sounds like from all the feed back nobody regrets getting the sports seat ,some just liked the reg. seats a little better. anyway can't have fun if you your scared to make a move.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:28 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by micgreeny
will I just changed my order, from reg seats to the sports seats, ( non adap.) I hope I made the right choose(hope I spelled that right??? can't spell worth a sh*!@)sounds like from all the feed back nobody regrets getting the sports seat ,some just liked the reg. seats a little better. anyway can't have fun if you your scared to make a move.
The rear of my sport seats are painted the exterior color. A really nice touch!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:02 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can read the review in my sig for more info, but the *** (adaptive sports seats) are the best I've ever sat in. I've got nearly 1500 miles on my car and I've done a couple multi-hour trips without one ounce of back pain -- and I have a very bad back. They are the best seats my back has ever felt.

FWIW, I'm 6' 1" - 185 lbs. My shoulders overhang on the regular seats so I don't like them nearly as much, but i've never found them to be uncomfortable either. I just prefer the *** way more.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by micgreeny
Well you were close! choose should be choice and... sh*!@ is spelled s-h-i-t

Quick Reply: sports seat vs reg. seat ??