Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default check out poster magwheels exotic line up

magwheels exotic line up link
Old 04-13-2006, 10:46 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had no idea anyone in NE Ohio could afford such a lineup, certainly no one from my neck of the woods. Sure would like to see pics of his garage and home. His house looks pretty modest judging from that glimpse in his avatar. His exotic collection is no doubt worth more than the real estate it sits on.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OCBen
I had no idea anyone in NE Ohio could afford such a lineup, certainly no one from my neck of the woods. Sure would like to see pics of his garage and home. His house looks pretty modest judging from that glimpse in his avatar. His exotic collection is no doubt worth more than the real estate it sits on.
his home looks pretty nice to me!
maybe not a laguna beach house
plus he has 45 acres in a suburb of youngstown.
have no idea of the value of real estate in the area but the car collection looks to be about 1.4m.
i think it's safe to say he has that covered with his residential real estate!
and since his business is developing, owning, and managing retail properties,
he probably has a few of those that would cover the collection as well!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

Two words to sum that up:

HOLY ****

I'm impressed.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

he has all those cars for real. all thanks to his daddy. he isnt ashamed to admit this either.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:53 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by icon
his home looks pretty nice to me! maybe not a laguna beach house
plus he has 45 acres in a suburb of youngstown.
have no idea of the value of real estate in the area but the car collection looks to be about 1.4m.
The wife and I went to see a beach house for sale on the outskirts of Cleveland (actually referred to as a lake house) with its own private beach, when we were there two years ago. The asking price was around $350k! She thought it was a steal (I thought it was overpriced) and wanted to buy it as investment property. (She was using California's real estate market as a measuring stick. Had to clue her in on the northeast Ohio market.)

Near the metropolitan areas such as Cleveland property values tend to be higher than the rest of the state, especially along the lake. But in rural areas such as where this guy lives, real estate values would be among the lowest in the state, some going for as low as $1k per acre. So I'd say his car collection is more valuable than the land it sits on.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:59 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had that collection I wouldn't be ashamed of anything!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:33 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

But in rural areas such as where this guy lives, real estate values would be among the lowest in the state. So I'd say his car collection is more valuable than the land it sits on.
boy! you hate being wrong!
orange county ben lived in cleveland, ohio?
small world! that's where i was born! lived there less than a year though!
clevelands not exactly a boomtown!
while youngstown might not be a cincinatti or a columbus (i lived there as well) a quick check a real estate prices show pretty close to what i guessed!
around 25-30k an acre! take an avg. of 27500*45=$1,237,500 plus home and improvements and i think it's pretty close!
btw christies has a home for sale in poland, ohio on four acres for 1m!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:54 AM
OCBen
Banned

You missed my point, Jeff.
The point I was making is that bare land is cheap in rural Ohio - it's the value of the home and improvements on the land that drive the price up, whereas in So. Cal. it's the land that's the price driver. And like I said judging from the glimpse of this guy's home I wouldn't be surprised if his collection is worth more than his home. Just a guess on my part, which is no worse than a guess on your part without knowing the real value, now is it?

Yep, born and raised. That's home base for our family reunion every two years. Most of my family still lives there. I'm a huge Browns fan - I catch every game during the season at a local sports bar. I'm more or less a fair weather fan when it comes to the Indians. I'll go to some of the games when they come here to play the Angels and root them on, especially when they're playing well, like right now.

You ever go back there? Cleveland may not be booming, but it's improved quite a bit in the last 15 yrs or so.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:14 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Considering he's purchased all of those cars in the last two years...... Hell, he could be living in a van down by the river.... I'm impressed with both the cars and his Dad's ability to support his stable of cars!!

Old 04-14-2006, 02:54 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

You missed my point, Jeff.
The point I was making is that bare land is cheap in rural Ohio - it's the value of the home and improvements on the land that drive the price up, whereas in So. Cal. it's the land that's the price driver.
Yep, born and raised. That's home base for our family reunion every two years. Most of my family still lives there.
You ever go back there? Cleveland may not be booming, but it's improved quite a bit in the last 15 yrs or so.
you were born there? whaddya know!
since i was only about 8 mos. old when we moved and havent been back don't have many memories of the place!
all i know is i was born in a hospital in burea?
i do have an old browns program signed by the whole team including leroy kelly (browns star rb took over for jim brown - before both of our times!)
i didnt miss your point but youngstown is not exactly rural.
but who cares anyways?
another little tid bit of cleveland history is my wifes granfather owned wach's ice supply (back when ice had to be delivered) and was the big ice supplier in cleveland!
lived in whillouby (sic?) also a semi-pro football player, policeman, and owned a bowling alley!
and shaker heights was the high dollar home area before the depression.
i do remember a lot about columbus though!
it's funny though, ohio's 3 big cities (cleveland, cinci, columbus) might as well be in different states they are so different from each other!
Old 04-14-2006, 03:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Berea is the location of the training facility of the Browns. (Here's my favorite link to Browns info.) Btw, I know of some of the former Browns players, especially some of their more luminary ones such as #44 Leroy Kelly, Paul Warfield, ol' Brian Sipe and the Kardiac Kids, and of course Jim Brown who can still be seen on the sidelines on occasion. I've got beer mugs, foam beer can holders, t-shirts, caps, etc. I used to belong to a fan club here called the Southern California Browns Backers Association or SCBBA for short (never liked that acronym, sounded too much like scab).

Wow, so your wife's roots are there as well. Yes, I know where Willoughby is. And Shaker Heights (hometown of Paul Newman) is still considered prime real estate area, along with Cleveland Heights. Anywhere really in East Cleveland is considered desirable.

Oh, it's in the outskirts of Poland, a suburb of Youngstown.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:20 PM
OCBen
Banned

Every little kid in NE Ohio was pretty much a Browns fan growing up. (My dad didn't care much for football - loved baseball and the Indians, took me to my first game when I was about 5, I'll never forget that.) ... Yes of course, Ozzie Newsome. He now works for our rivals, the Old Browns (aka The Ravens).

Don't know a Frounk??? I've heard of Frank Ryan, the quarterback.

No, I didn't know Bernie was from that great metropolis of Poland, Ohio. Do you know if he was related to that hot Playboy bunny, Heather Kosar? She too is from that neck of the woods. She kinda looks a little like your avatar. Last I heard former Browns quarterback Tim Couch had hooked up with her, but that was while he still had a job. Well, he might still have one, selling cars or something.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:37 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Gee this thread gets more and more interesting. Starts out with a fine collection of exotic cars and ends up with an Ohio real estate lesson. I love this place
Old 04-14-2006, 05:42 PM
OCBen
Banned

Yeah Mitch, it's pretty much what we do to a thread that's served its purpose - we ride it out and see where it takes us. Hate seeing a thread go to waste with just one post.

Quick Reply: check out poster magwheels exotic line up