Sponsored by:

Suggestions for 997 options

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions for 997 options

New member here. Will be ordering a 997 cab with the following options: silver, full leather, power seats, Bose sound, self-dimming mirrors, nav system, xenon, heated seats, chrome tail pipes (looked cool).

Would appreciate recommendations on additional options. I don't plan on tracking the car. It will be a weekend car, with occasional drives into NYC on nice days. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:58 PM
944kid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of leather? What kind of seats? What shade silver?

A two-tone leather in black/gray(ish) would be excellent with any silver IMHO...and IIRC you can get it with either the regular seats or the sport seats!

It sounds like you don't necessarily need the sport seats, since you won't be tracking the car. (I must say they are a nice option to have if you want to sell your car later.)

Personally, I like the aluminum trim package on the silver cars, I think it compliments the car's colour very well. You can get aluminum gauges too If I'm remembering the Porsche car configurator right!

To match the coordination inside and out I'd spring for the silverish seatbelts, since (again) IIRC the stock ones are black.

I hope I haven't broke your bank!

A few words: Once you order you'll become what we here know as a "waiter." Last but not least, WELCOME TO THE 'LIST!!!

Sincerely,
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Cogito
Racer

TPMS a MUST in my opinion unless it's standard on the 07s.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
MMD
Banned

Got girlfriend and/or wife? get heated seats.
sport chrono
TPMS
adaptive sport seats
xenon (for non-S)
bose
navigation (makes excess buttonage less useless)
SD mirrors

everything else is personal preference stuff IMO. I.e. it doesn't effect enjoyment/comfort/performance/safety THAT much.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples
New member here. Will be ordering a 997 cab with the following options: silver, full leather, power seats, Bose sound, self-dimming mirrors, nav system, xenon, heated seats, chrome tail pipes (looked cool).

Would appreciate recommendations on additional options. I don't plan on tracking the car. It will be a weekend car, with occasional drives into NYC on nice days. Thanks.
Options look good.

Sport Shifter?
TPMS?

Full Leather is well worth it.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:46 PM
JHD
Intermediate

Default 997 Options

Last Saturaday I flew to Atlanta to pick up my 2006 911 Carrera S with the following options:

19" Carrera S Wheel
Tiptronic S
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Wheel Caps w/Colored Porsche Crest
Heated Front Seats
Arctic Silver Metallic
Black Full Leather
Self Dimming Mirrors
Power Seat Package
Navigation Module for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Black Mats - Porsche Lettering

I had been in the market to order one (with a few less options) and maybe even wait until the 2007 build. After visiting the local dealer the best discount quoted was $3,000 on a 2006 or zero on the 2007. In reseaching the Porsche Dealers websites, I found this one at Hennessy in Atlanta. Called them up, made the deal at better than twice the local discount, flew to Atlanta, salesman picked me up at the airport, drove home.
I have been very satisfied with this configuration.
Be sure to get the sport chrono.
I would also add (I did) the aftermarket clear bra - hardly noticeable on the silver and is a must if you drive in Florida (love bugs).
Old 03-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JHD
Last Saturaday I flew to Atlanta to pick up my 2006 911 Carrera S with the following options:

19" Carrera S Wheel
Tiptronic S
Heated Front Seats
Arctic Silver Metallic
Black Full Leather
Self Dimming Mirrors
Power Seat Package

I had been in the market to order one (with a few less options) and maybe even wait until the 2007 build. After visiting the local dealer the best discount quoted was $3,000 on a 2006 or zero on the 2007. In reseaching the Porsche Dealers websites, I found this one at Hennessy in Atlanta. Called them up, made the deal at better than twice the local discount, flew to Atlanta, salesman picked me up at the airport, drove home.
I would also add (I did) the aftermarket clear bra - hardly noticeable on the silver and is a must if you drive in Florida (love bugs).
Nice ride.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:56 PM
wardo
Advanced

Originally Posted by JHD

19" Carrera S Wheel
Tiptronic S
Heated Front Seats
Arctic Silver Metallic
Black Full Leather
Self Dimming Mirrors
Power Seat Package

I did the same thing 3 weeks ago...who was your Hennessy salesperson ?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:01 PM
JHD
Intermediate

Same as yours - John Dissen - nice guy
Old 03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

John - Welcome to the Forum. Since you have already decided to opt for the Full Leather I would suggest the following:

982 - Supple leather - soft ruffled leather in seat centers - $395. Really makes the interior much richer looking. I have this on my '04 996.

Either one of the following:
CPT - Storage Lin Bin with Porsche Crest (Leather) - $290 ......OR......
CUV - Storage Lin Bin with Model Logo (Carrera, Carrera S) (Leather) - $290

XTV - Door Finishers in Leather - $360
XMZ - Rear Center Console in Leather - $1,260

Here are links to pic of both versions of the leather storage bin covers (center arm rest) and the door finishers and center console in leather. Sorry, I could not find a pic of the supple leather.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...20&postcount=8
https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...01&postcount=1
https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...75&postcount=3 (The leather door finishers are in the 2nd pic and leather center console in the 3rd pic)

Last edited by gota911; 03-30-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:06 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Forget sport chrono - it will ruin your nice full leather dash.

Follow gota911's suggestions, especially the supple leather, for a nicely optioned luxury interior.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:14 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John NY-Naples

Take a look at my review in my signature. It should give you some ideas about some of the ones I got. After 1200 miles, I still feel the same as I describe in the article.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 AM
icruze
Racer

Since this car is about driving enjoyment for you I would suggest the Sports Chrono package and Sport Shifter. You can do a search on both to see if they interest you. Most here would agree that the Sport Shifter is a nice addition. There are some opponents to the Sports Chrono package (OCBen) who do not like the look of the stop watch on the dash (aka "the wart") and think it is simply a gimmick. I like some of the additional features the SC comes with especially the increased throttle response. You can definitely tell the difference when it’s on and its fun to use. Like I said you should do a search as this has been discussed a lot.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:45 AM
drbf
Pro

Try a car with the Sport shifter, I think it is a great option. I would also consider the Storage Lid with Model Logo CUX option.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:45 AM
John NY-Naples
Racer

Thank you all for the helpful responses. I'll add the following additional options: Porsche crest in seats, crest on mats and the thick steering wheel. I'm told the car will arrive in June or July. I'll post pictures.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for 997 options