Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best wax to use on our Porsches?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:07 AM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best wax to use on our Porsches?

Im new to the car detail thing. What is the best wax to use on our beloved Porsches? Is it still carnauba waxes or one of the synthetics like Zaino?

Thanks,

Flash
Old 03-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Snoopy
Racer

I've been using Pinnacle Souveran and like it. Yes, you have to apply it more frequently, but I think it leaves a great looking finish. I like trying different things though, and will probably try P21S paste wax when the Pinnacle runs out.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:28 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P21s is outstanding in my book and very easy on and off.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:39 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

You should do a search as there are a zillion threads about waxes - more information than you will want to know!

There are a lot of Zaino fans around (I have never tried it). I have been using Pinnacle Sovereign lately, and it gives a deep rich shine on black, but its not very long lasting. I used Zymol on my 964 and 993 in the past, also very nice, but not long lasting. After my own recent research, I recently ordered Klasse All-in-One and Klasse sealant glaze, and I plan to wash, clay, wash, polish, wash, apply Klasse All-in-One, then Klasse sealant glaze (couple or three coats), then finish it off with a few coats of P21S. All I need is a long free weekend day (or two) and a lot of energy! See OCBen's detail thread for some good advice.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Wax/Sealants are very subjective. Some like the deep wet look of a caranuba, some like the high reflection quality of sealants.

Any high quality wax or sealant will work very well. The real proof is the prep-work. Souveran wax is made for dark colors. P21S does best on light metallics. Then there's Poorboys Nattys wax and Nattys Blue. One for light colors one for dark. Did a side-by-side between Nattys Blue and Souveran and even with trained eye it was very difficult to tell apart. Save your $$ on some of the expensve wax.

Sealants reflect more and as some have put it, almost look like the finish was wrapped in Saran Wrap. Very brilliant look. Zaino is one of the better and well known sealants. Klasse AIO and SG are sealants, AIO uses a chemical cleaner as opposed to abrasives for polishing. The SG does the sealant end of it. New products from FK1USA is also seem to be an excelent sealant. See this post for results from FK1. FK1 Sealant results

Also, search out info on Autopia and Detailcity.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 03-24-2006, 07:51 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As others have said...this has been alot...just search

That said..
Spring is here...and the bugs are coming
RejeX for me.
"So Slick Bugs Won't Stick!"

They and their associated juices just wash right off.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:25 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Please, could you tell me how to order "RejeX" the love bird bug season is around the corner?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Does "RejeX" work on the front windshield?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:32 PM
jfraser
Instructor

Boutique waxes...as above Pinnacle Souveran or P21S
If you want a cheaper wax (that you can 'bung on' after a reqular wash) try Mequiers NXT paste wax. It also contains fillers (these won't get rid of light swirls, but they hide them for a couple of washes...and obviously we are talking about ultra fine swirls) ....It's cheap as chips and if you have a metallic car, it really makes the flakes ping.....
Old 03-24-2006, 08:39 PM
AirPhoto
Track Day

I would stay away from waxes with 'cleaners'...read abrasive. I try to find something like a straight carnuba with no polishes, at least when the car is new. You don't want to be 'sanding' the clear coat every time you wax.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:49 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Klasse AIO, Zaino for polymers and P21S carnuba!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my Rejex from Eric the Bumperplugs guy who is a sponsor here and a good guy.
http://www.bumperplugs.com/
Don
Old 03-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 782 Likes on 443 Posts

jcnesq, I have been using that klasse order u r using now for about a year, except i use a more abrasive polish before AIO for swirls if i have any. U only need to apply AIO and SG 2 times a year. It lasts a LONG time even w/ frequent washing. I am very satisfied w/ the results. I want to try Zaino but it is really expensive.

If your car is new and swirl free, learn how to wash and dry properly to prevent swirls. I have never gotten scratches from washing and drying w/ the right MF towels. Don't polish it until you need to.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Sillent Killer
jcnesq, I have been using that klasse order u r using now for about a year, except i use a more abrasive polish before AIO for swirls if i have any. U only need to apply AIO and SG 2 times a year. It lasts a LONG time even w/ frequent washing. I am very satisfied w/ the results. I want to try Zaino but it is really expensive.

If your car is new and swirl free, learn how to wash and dry properly to prevent swirls. I have never gotten scratches from washing and drying w/ the right MF towels. Don't polish it until you need to.
Thanks. Car is ... OMG ... 19 months old already. I have two grades of polish, both Sonus, I think one is swirl remover and one is a little stronger for spot work. Thats for the polish part - car is due for a good polishing. Maybe tomorrow if I find the time and energy!

Quick Reply: Best wax to use on our Porsches?