Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finalized the specs on my ordered car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:47 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
That's preciously why the MFSW was a must-have option for me, because it enhances my driving experience.....on the freeways and surface streets.

My car will never see the track (though I might, at PDE) and so I optioned my car as a luxury sports car. The phone module was important to me, so was the NAV, and so was hands-free operation via the MFSW.

The standard steering wheel thickness is not at all uncomfortable, by any means. It's just that I notice the difference when coming off the Mini.

Also, reverse on the Mini is to the far right and down. That's sometimes a little confusing when switching between the two. Oh well.
Ah, that makes total sense then. Although if a GT car is what you want then you should seriously look at the Mercedes SL 550 or SL 63 next time.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
...if a GT car is what you want then you should seriously look at the Mercedes SL 550 or SL 63 next time.
BLASPHEMY!!!

Where is that puke, gag-me-with-a-spoon, emoticon when you need it! ...YUCK!!! ... LOL
Old 07-13-2006, 07:56 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...d=118631&stc=1

I prefer the factory look.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 996toomey; 07-13-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:11 AM
OCBen
Banned

Thanks Robert. That linked pic shows a wheel that's much too thick for my tastes. Yours looks nice.

-------------------

Sold my Z tonight after 20 and a half years of ownership.
Took this pic last night, my last pic of my old, good friend after giving her her last bath:

Picked up my Mini at the new house after selling the Z and was reminded of a few other noteworthy first impressions on the Mini.

The car is so easy and effortless to shift that I can easily shift with just my fingers without having to take my elbow off the arm rest. That's really sweet. ... Also, the stock stereo/CD is pretty awesome and may well be better sounding than the Bose in the 997!

Last edited by OCBen; 06-11-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:27 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you get an 07 with the new engine.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:34 AM
OCBen
Banned

Default Something New I Discovered About the Mini...

Dropped my Mini off at the dealership on my way home from work for service for the very first time. There is an occasional grinding noise when shifting into reverse that's gotten annoying so I finally got around to dropping it off and having them take a look-see.

First thing the Service Rep asks for is my key. I thought to myself, "That's odd. It's usually after all the paperwork has been completed and I'm about to leave the car there that they then ask for the key."

He takes my key and inserts it into this reader module at his desktop, hits the 'enter' key on his keyboard and his screen is filled with a data dump from my key -- a data dump from my key!!!

My exact odometer reading was displayed, the miles to next scheduled service, VIN number, option codes for ordered options......how fast I was going, my mother's maiden name, last four of my social, credit card number....
Okay, so I was making up the last part.

Pretty impressive I thought. Told my sales guy who happened to be there that not even Porsche has that.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice - that is cool Ben.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:44 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dropped my Mini off at the dealership . . . . . to be there that not even Porsche has that.
thay is pretty convenient.
was he able to diagnose the prob?
they may run into problems if someone were to give them the unused spare instead of the key that was last used?
you ought to try that next time just to throw them off!
Old 11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He takes my key and inserts it into this reader module at his desktop, hits the 'enter' key on his keyboard and his screen is filled with a data dump from my key -- a data dump from my key!!!

My exact odometer reading was displayed, the miles to next scheduled service, VIN number, option codes for ordered options......how fast I was going, my mother's maiden name, last four of my social, credit card number....
Okay, so I was making up the last part.

Pretty impressive I thought. Told my sales guy who happened to be there that not even Porsche has that.

BMW has had this technology in their keys for years and they passed it along to the mini.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:07 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by rome
BMW has had this technology in their keys for years and they passed it along to the mini.
Good thing too. ... I also like the free maintenance and free loaner for the 1st three years -- a BMW thing.

Originally Posted by icon
they may run into problems if someone were to give them the unused spare instead of the key that was last used?
Think about it.

Whether or not it's the main or the spare, whatever key you're using at the time you're dropping it off is the key with the latest information.

EDIT: It went right over my head!

Yeah, you could have the unused spare in your pocket and hand that one over instead.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:12 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icon

Yeah...like mistakenly extending a warranty.... Anyone ever get away with that before?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:33 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

EDIT: It went right over my head!
usually does!
Old 11-09-2006, 05:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

I was distracted by Adrianna, what can I say.

Quick Reply: Just finalized the specs on my ordered car...