Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finalized the specs on my ordered car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your car looks black or is that british racing green? can't really tell from the pic. Looks nice, especially the wheels. I bet the kids enjoyed seeing that.

No, I don't plan on doing any mods or customizing. I might colorsand the finish if it happens to have quite a bit of orangepeel. I'm hoping it doesn't. But if it does, that's what I'll end up doing to it.

Oh, and I plan to de-badge it by removing the "Cooper" designation on the back. I can't stand having to detail inside and around letters. Didn't have the option of ordering "Model Designation Delete."
Old 05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I did, however, post in this thread there called something like "We know your Mini is your first car, but show us your second car." Well....I mean....how could I resist, right? (Utter silence....not a peep or a comment from those showing off their Hondas, SUVs, Fords, Chevys.)
surprised nick doesnt post there to spread his message and post the f430!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Hahah....I take mine in to be waxed, so I never worried about the badges. Mine was British Racing Green - I walked in ready to order red, and saw a BRG order waiting to be picked up and changed my mind.

BTW, I had no problems at all with the orange peel - my paint was like glass. I could read the reflected logo on my t-shirt from 10 feet.

EDIT: Oh...after I told the local MINI group I was trading it for a 911, I stopped getting many responses to my posts.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by icon
surprised nick doesnt post there to spread his message and post the f430!
So Nick has a Mini and a message??? ... I have a feeling it's a message not worth spreading.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minis are fun little cars, and are a great little bargain - In fact the little hatches are quite popular, with the Cooper S, the GTi, the Civic Si, and previously the Focus SVT - great little performing cars, and lots of fun to drive. I wouldn't mind having a cooper as my next car. Of course, we also have an old windowed van that I could probably fit a mini into too, for carrying capacity....
Old 05-20-2006, 08:47 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Man. That is a nice looking Z. When you said twenty-one years old, I thought some old clunker of a car. That thing looks new. You'll have no problems selling it. Try autotrader and cars.com, I've sold two cars using the web. Ebay is a little pricey, but works well, too. You can't beat the mini.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:59 PM
OCBen
Banned

Default Baby Pics!

Came in Friday morning, picked it up in the afternoon. Drove it home, parked it in the garage, it's been there since. Haven't even removed the wrapping materials which they were good about leaving after I had requested it. I plan to remove them and just wash it today (I may not get to the wash part - too busy). ... Apparently Mini doesn't ship the cars with the white plastic sheets on body panels. If they do, it's removed at the Vehicle Distribution Center, as this is how the car came off the truck when it was dropped off at the dealership.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:39 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Ben,

Very nice looking Mini. I would just change the wheels. Best of luck with it.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:00 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome Ben - I love it!
Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Chili Red man,...Ben, I must admit that's a cool little car! I really like the black rubber along the wheel wells.
Did you get the Mini to help you move to the new house?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Very cute, Ben! Congrats.

Dan
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by MHC2S
Ben,

Very nice looking Mini. I would just change the wheels. Best of luck with it.
Thanks Mitch. Wheels have been changed.

I bought some S-Lites for it back in April (the 17" wheels with 8 phat spokes that are only available on the Cooper S) and so yesterday I swapped out the stock and bolted those on and, boy, what a difference! The car looks real sporty now.

Was able to wash it today finally! Will have to take pics with the new wheels soon. I'm really happy with my color choice.

But I'll have to wait before I can give it a good detail job. Looks like we won't be moving into the new house anytime soon. We're planning on knocking off one wall and trimming another one to open the area downstairs. Then we're going to lay some Travertine stone for the flooring downstairs - that's the plan anyway.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:35 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

great looking car, Ben. I better not let my wife see those pics.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Ben, isn't that your Z in the background on this pic?

Is it already on the used car lot there? Gotta be painful to see!

Ron
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2006, 02:06 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Coochas
Chili Red man,...Ben, I must admit that's a cool little car! I really like the black rubber along the wheel wells.
That black plastic molding around the wheel wells and along the bottom is standard on all Minis. I opted for the black top to complement that aspect and balance out the look. Many owners opt for the white top or the red top, but since the A, B & C pillars come standard in black, any color besides black will give the top a detached look. But that's supposed to be a classic Mini look. But to me it's more aesthetically pleasing with the black top.

Originally Posted by ronmart
Hey, Ben, isn't that your Z in the background on this pic?

Is it already on the used car lot there? Gotta be painful to see!

Ron
Good eye, Ron! ... No, she's not sitting in the used car lot - they wouldn't take her as a trade-in, said she was too old!
Need to sell her on my own. ... Wife feels sad for my old horse, will hate to see her go too!

Quick Reply: Just finalized the specs on my ordered car...