Sponsored by:

Wash Clay Wash Polish Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:56 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by uzj100
Again, my "technique" was a bit like the spit shining method that you may have learned if you were ever in the military. After prepping the surface, I mist it with cool 425 and then apply the Pink Wax.
I describe a similar "spit shinining" technique in my thread when I am using Klasse HGSG. You might recall my description of using a damp mf towel to wipe off the product after it has completely dried for ease of removal, and a dry mf towel to wipe up the water droplets and buff dry. The water droplets seem to aid in bringing out the luster, as in a "spit shine" application.

As for understanding what is going on a physical level, physics and chemistry sure come in handy, and will do more than help you solve those word problems you might have struggled with.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I describe a similar "spit shinining" technique in my thread when I am using Klasse HGSG. You might recall my description of using a damp mf towel to wipe off the product after it has completely dried for ease of removal, and a dry mf towel to wipe up the water droplets and buff dry. The water droplets seem to aid in bringing out the luster, as in a "spit shine" application.

As for understanding what is going on a physical level, physics and chemistry sure come in handy, and will do more than help you solve those word problems you might have struggled with.
Ben-
I remember that tip. As usual, it was "spot on"
Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
I've hear that the FK1USA products repel static very well. I have yet to try the product or test it so I cannot say from my experience of the products, but others have said it seems to work. You may want to give it a try.

Regards,
Deanski
Thanks Deanski.

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Your car is like a rolling magnet....it creates a positive charge as your drive which is why stuff clings to it, like brake dust. So if you spend some time rubbing on it, creating a charge, then it will attract dust. Some products do this more than others, like Blitz paste wax attracts alot of dust right after using it.

If the static is real bad I've heard of guys grounding the car and/or spraying themselves with a anti-static cling spray. Many times going over the car with a quick detailer can reduce the static cling....or so it seems. I only have trouble with it during our few weeks of dry, cold air here in South Texas. In the hot and humid weather it's really not a problem.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony. Yes, I think the dry air in California have something to do with it as I never had that problem when I was in NY.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 787 Likes on 444 Posts

Thanks Anthony and Ben.

I've actually only used 3M twice so far (Last spring and Fall). I only do a full detail 2x/yr because my sealant actually lasts for 6 months with daily driving and weekly washing. I usually top w/ a carnuaba wax 1 time per month in summer just for added depth. I've heard great reviews about Menzerna Polishes. I'll pick up one that is a bit harsher than the AIO. I really don't need 3M right now because of my meticulous washing and drying techniques. I haven't added any swirls/scratches to the paint by washing and drying. Thanks again for the help.

Quick Reply: Wash Clay Wash Polish Wax