Sponsored by:

Aerokit questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:26 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aerokit questions

I have sent a couple of PM’s but gotten no response so I’ll ask here. I am wondering, for those of you with the Aerokit, would you do it again? How bad is the car to drive with the ground clearance? What kind of damage are you seeing? Are you getting mainly scratches or are chips and cracks the norm? Has anyone lost the lower spoiler and is the lower spoiler available separately and if so how much is it. Can you replace it yourself or did it damage any of the mounting when you lost it?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 03-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to try the 996 board as there's a higher volume of owners with the aerokit in there who can help you, who have also played with different bits and pieces of the kit
Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
gxlex
Intermediate

I installed the Rinspeed kit on my 997S and no regret. The only thing that I would do differently would be to install the clear bra on the front lip asap because rock chips is a real problem. You will get scratches from the front lip and there isn't much that you can do. You just have to use extra caution when entering driveway or over speed bump. Go for it..
Old 03-19-2006, 09:36 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been looking hard at the Rinspeed kit. Could you post a few pics or I could PM you my Email.
How did the installation go. Are you happy with the fit and quality?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:17 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

I don't have pics of my car but you can check it out here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26167. These pics was posted by Joeacc awhile back. It's the same kit that is on my car. The rear wing, front lip and the rear diffuser fit real nice. However, if I were to do it all over again I would skip installing the side skirts. Doesn't fit too nicely and I just think its a little too wide (6"). You should also check out the Indy kit from www.rinspeed.com. Look real nice.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:20 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

BTW the front lip chips easily so don't forget to install the clear bra.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Aerokit

I'll let you guys know in another month. My C2S is done production with the Aerokit. Once at the dealership, Armorglove arrives to install film on the car.

After that, it's off to try out how many things I can clear with this Aerokit. One problem may be our Condo complex as we have speed bumps. After discussion with our attorney, he did point out that they may have to modify the bumps if there is a risk in damaging my car. It comes to they cannot prevent egress to and from my unit and cannot put up barriers that may inflict damage as well. He also points out that an emergency to the unit also plays into the factor of access. There is no restriction in the delarations as to ride height, just overall vehicle height and length.

This car also has PCCB's. I can't even imagine the cost if the front end got damaged!

I'll keep you posted!

Deanski
Old 03-20-2006, 03:22 PM
dave997gt3
Advanced

As long as you don't lower it, I think you will be fine. My 997S with aerokit and H&R springs has to be driven with extreme care to avoid scraping on driveways. and yes you can purchase that lower spoiler seperately for around $250 plus paint & labor.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
drbf
Pro

How much lower is the car with the Aerokit?

Quick Reply: Aerokit questions