Sponsored by:

Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals

I started a group buy on custom medal pedals from Ultimate Pedals in the 944 and 928 Forums. Any model can participate and get the discount offered by Ultimate Pedals. It has been approved by John D. The buy started today and closes 3/17/2006.

Here are the links to the threads on the other forums:
944 Forum
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...68#post2846068

928 Forum
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...65#post2846065

Here is the instructions on how to participate in the buy:
Ultimate Pedals would like to offer a Porsche Rennlist group buy.

They are a machine shop in Southern Florida and have a line of racing pedals that they design/manufacture in house.

They custom make every order so customization is no problem.

In additional to pedals made specifically for your vehicle, they offer logo/crest/emblem pocketing, custom engraving, heel toe gas pedal extensions, heelguards, door sills, ete.

(This is going to be quite long, but for some of you this is your first GB so I am going to explain it all very thoroughly)

They can offer the following discounts:

1) 25% off if we get 5-9 orders
2) 30% off if we get 10-19 orders
3) 35% off if we get 20+ orders.

(pedal order minimum definition is a gas and brake or brake/clutch pedals)

They offer a no questions asked moneyback guaranteed if you are not satisfied with the fit or finish.

Other forum members really enjoy the product.

Now down to the nitty gritty

Having three (3) letters or numbers engraved is an extra $10 per pedal...Having a logo/crest/emblem pocket is an extra $10, having a custom logo engraved is an extra $15 to $25 (depending on the complexity of the engraving) per pedal.

The pedals will have the discount, any engravings/pocketing will not.

The engravings look like what you would see on the back of a watch or inside a ring NO COLOR IN THE ENGRAVING, it is just an engraving.

You can view engraving examples at the following link (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/pedal.htm

The group buy will be active as of 3/1/2006, and the last day for ordering is 3/17/2006.

The items will be shipped 3 to 5 working days after the group buy ends. (All pieces have to be custom made and depending on how many orders it may be 5 but we are shooting for 3.)

Shipping charges are typically ~$12 (UPS Ground within the Continental US).

So now that all that stuff is done, How do I get my Discount?

Preferably, if you have a pretty straight forward order, please use their website.

Their Porsche line can be viewed here:

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo....php?cPath=135

Specify your vehicle, the Porsche Rennlist group buy, as well as any engraving/pocketing options during the checkout process when you are asked to indicate year, make, and model.

If you don't mention the Rennlist group buy you'll get your pedals quickly, but not discounted.

Also, with the website you wonít see the discount automatically, and you will get a confirmation email pretty quickly. That email will not have the discount applied to it, DONT WORRY....You are not charged until the items are shipped, and the set up of our software cannot compute a discount, it has to be manually accounted for. So when the items are ready to be shipped, you will get two more emails. The first email will be from our merchant bank and will let you know that your card has been charged the discounted price.

The second e-mail will be from UPS Quantum View (for the US orders) with your orderís tracking number.

You can also call them, please try to use their website unless you really hate internet shopping or you have a custom order, it takes up a lot of manpower to answer questions by phone.

Please post any questions in this thread, I will answer questions as quickly as possible.

I should point out ultimatepedals.com is not a Porsche product, but hey neither is Rennlist, so its all good.

Sorry for the very lengthy instructions, but I hate when there is not enough info.

Also PLEASE POST WHEN YOU HAVE MADE AN ORDER, AND JUST SAY HOW MANY PIECES YOU ORDERED (1, 4, ETC ETC).
Old 03-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

I just wanted to let you know what the interest has been, originally, when it was just posted on the 928 and 944 forums, I had 21 rennlisters who said that they would participate. Since it started, I posted on the 911, 993, Boxter, 996 and 997 forums. There have been orders from all the forums. I would think that we should top the 20+ with no problem. When you place the order, the receipt shows the full list price. Like the instructions say that is not charged, it doesn't reflect the group buy discount. I plan on speaking with Rob of Ultimate pedals 1-2 days before the buy will end to get an idea of how many participated. Also, when you order, it would be great if you would post here so others can get an idea how amny oders have been placed.
Thanks,
Glen
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Currently, I count 13 orders that have been placed, just by people posting on the various forums that they have place order. I have names of 18 more who responded to the original post that they were interested, but I do not know if they placed orders yet. If they do, we will get the max discount. At current numbers the discount is 30%. If you place an order, please post here so I can keep track of how many orders are placed.
I will speak with Ultimate pedals next week to see if they have a different count. I will also inquire about the part number for the Porsche crest for those interested in ading the crest to their pedals.
Glen
Old 03-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Alot of people were asking what the crest in the pedal looks like. I was able to scan in the Ultimate Pedals ad which shows the Porsche crest in the pedals. Ultimate Pedals doesn't sell the pedal with the crest installed. They will machine in the pocket, then you have to buy the crest from Porsche. They will supply the Porsche part number and supply the instructions and epoxy to install yourself. Here is the scanned in ad:
Old 03-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

I just received an email from Rob of Ultimate Pedals.

"Hi Glen,

Thank you for the links to the group buy.

I'm sorry but I have bad news about the crest pocket.

Apparently this is termed "enabling" in the legal field.

We have been strongly advised not to offer the crest pocketing anymore."

It looks like anyone wanting the pocket for the crest will not be able to get it. I will speak with Rob tomorrow and see if there is anything that can be done.

Thanks,
Glen
Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

I just had a conversation with Rob about this "enabling" issue. The issue is the shape of the pocket machined matching the Porsche crest shape. You can have a pocket machined in the pedals such as a circular pocket, and that would not be a concern about copyright infringements. If you want a circular pocket, rectangular pocket, etc., machined into your pedal, just include that in your comments when ordering.

If you have already ordered the pocket, I would email or call Rob and let him know if you want any kind of pocket machined into your pedals.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

FYI, we officially have 20+ orders, discount is 35%
Old 03-09-2006, 01:32 PM
drbf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered and have received my EMail from Rob of Ultimate Pedals as well. (4) pieces
Old 03-09-2006, 02:02 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

They have quite a selection. I'm curious which style you guys are choosing.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

From what I see in the other forums, the most popular is a toss up between the shiny anti slip and the frosted anti slip. Some are ordering the rubber inserts, which are shipped uninstalled, so you can try them with out the inserts and see if you like the feel and grip.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 103 Posts

I assume the title should read MeTal not MeDal (unless I am missing something?). I am not trying to be funny, I just want to know?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

They are metal pedals.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Default Group Buy Closes Friday

I just spoke with Rob. As of 5PM, 36 orders have been placed!
A remimder, the group buy closes this Friday.
Manufacturing starts Monday and shipments will begin 3-5 business days after the buy closes.
Thanks everyone for participating.
Glen
Old 03-15-2006, 08:55 PM
ame546
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Silly question, but I've never installed pedals before.

1> For a 2006 c2s what pedals do I order? They only offer 996 on the website. I know I can call but are the 996 the same?

2> Can I install these myself? Is it easy or do I need the shop to do it?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:57 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ame546
Silly question, but I've never installed pedals before.

1> For a 2006 c2s what pedals do I order? They only offer 996 on the website. I know I can call but are the 996 the same?

2> Can I install these myself? Is it easy or do I need the shop to do it?
The 996 pedals should fit your 997.

Here is a link to a post which answers a similar install question on the 996 Forum. Hope this helps.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...43&postcount=6

Quick Reply: Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals