Sponsored by:

Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals

I started a group buy on custom medal pedals from Ultimate Pedals in the 944 and 928 Forums. Any model can participate and get the discount offered by Ultimate Pedals. It has been approved by John D. The buy started today and closes 3/17/2006.

Here are the links to the threads on the other forums:
944 Forum
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...68#post2846068

928 Forum
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...65#post2846065

Here is the instructions on how to participate in the buy:
Ultimate Pedals would like to offer a Porsche Rennlist group buy.

They are a machine shop in Southern Florida and have a line of racing pedals that they design/manufacture in house.

They custom make every order so customization is no problem.

In additional to pedals made specifically for your vehicle, they offer logo/crest/emblem pocketing, custom engraving, heel toe gas pedal extensions, heelguards, door sills, ete.

(This is going to be quite long, but for some of you this is your first GB so I am going to explain it all very thoroughly)

They can offer the following discounts:

1) 25% off if we get 5-9 orders
2) 30% off if we get 10-19 orders
3) 35% off if we get 20+ orders.

(pedal order minimum definition is a gas and brake or brake/clutch pedals)

They offer a no questions asked moneyback guaranteed if you are not satisfied with the fit or finish.

Other forum members really enjoy the product.

Now down to the nitty gritty

Having three (3) letters or numbers engraved is an extra $10 per pedal...Having a logo/crest/emblem pocket is an extra $10, having a custom logo engraved is an extra $15 to $25 (depending on the complexity of the engraving) per pedal.

The pedals will have the discount, any engravings/pocketing will not.

The engravings look like what you would see on the back of a watch or inside a ring NO COLOR IN THE ENGRAVING, it is just an engraving.

You can view engraving examples at the following link (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/pedal.htm

The group buy will be active as of 3/1/2006, and the last day for ordering is 3/17/2006.

The items will be shipped 3 to 5 working days after the group buy ends. (All pieces have to be custom made and depending on how many orders it may be 5 but we are shooting for 3.)

Shipping charges are typically ~$12 (UPS Ground within the Continental US).

So now that all that stuff is done, How do I get my Discount?

Preferably, if you have a pretty straight forward order, please use their website.

Their Porsche line can be viewed here:

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo....php?cPath=135

Specify your vehicle, the Porsche Rennlist group buy, as well as any engraving/pocketing options during the checkout process when you are asked to indicate year, make, and model.

If you don't mention the Rennlist group buy you'll get your pedals quickly, but not discounted.

Also, with the website you wonít see the discount automatically, and you will get a confirmation email pretty quickly. That email will not have the discount applied to it, DONT WORRY....You are not charged until the items are shipped, and the set up of our software cannot compute a discount, it has to be manually accounted for. So when the items are ready to be shipped, you will get two more emails. The first email will be from our merchant bank and will let you know that your card has been charged the discounted price.

The second e-mail will be from UPS Quantum View (for the US orders) with your orderís tracking number.

You can also call them, please try to use their website unless you really hate internet shopping or you have a custom order, it takes up a lot of manpower to answer questions by phone.

Please post any questions in this thread, I will answer questions as quickly as possible.

I should point out ultimatepedals.com is not a Porsche product, but hey neither is Rennlist, so its all good.

Sorry for the very lengthy instructions, but I hate when there is not enough info.

Also PLEASE POST WHEN YOU HAVE MADE AN ORDER, AND JUST SAY HOW MANY PIECES YOU ORDERED (1, 4, ETC ETC).
Old 03-01-2006, 09:35 PM
jeffc911
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone install these on their car and have pixs?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Only pix I have seen have been their ads in Panorama. They have money back satisfaction guarantee.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:30 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen McCartney
Only pix I have seen have been their ads in Panorama. They have money back satisfaction guarantee.
Photos can be found: HERE
Old 03-02-2006, 03:39 AM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested, but the install sounds complicated, dont the 996 have metal brake & gas pedal?. Where can i get these installed & how much if I decide to join?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:00 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by delirium
I'm interested, but the install sounds complicated, dont the 996 have metal brake & gas pedal?. Where can i get these installed & how much if I decide to join?
delirium - Unfortunately, I bought some "other" aluminum pedals about 3 weeks ago. Otherwise I would jump on this Group Buy, 'cuz the discounted price is a great buy. #&*!^%># another Group Buy I can't participate in!

The install was not difficult. Took about 45 minutes. You can mount the gas pedal "on top of" the OEM rubber pedal. You should do the same for the dead pedal and mount it "on top of" the OEM rubber pedal. Clutch pedal is plastic, so no problem there. While the brake pedal is metal, a good, sharp titanium drill bit will go through it in about 45 seconds per hole. I have a good set of Porter Cable drill bits, which worked well. The worst part of the install is the cramped space in which to work. On difficulty scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most difficult, I rate the pedal install a 4. Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
delirium - Unfortunately, I bought some "other" aluminum pedals about 3 weeks ago. Otherwise I would jump on this Group Buy, 'cuz the discounted price is a great buy. #&*!^%># another Group Buy I can't participate in!

The install was not difficult. Took about 45 minutes. You can mount the gas pedal "on top of" the OEM rubber pedal. You should do the same for the dead pedal and mount it "on top of" the OEM rubber pedal. Clutch pedal is plastic, so no problem there. While the brake pedal is metal, a good, sharp titanium drill bit will go through it in about 45 seconds per hole. I have a good set of Porter Cable drill bits, which worked well. The worst part of the install is the cramped space in which to work. On difficulty scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most difficult, I rate the pedal install a 4. Hope this helps.
gota911,
how did you install "on top" of gas pedal, foot rest?

Also, i have read other links regarding the metal foot pedals being slippery with leather soled shoes. Any recommendations(from anyone) on which of the finishes are best?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:19 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What the heck do you do with the "passenger" footrest.........??
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Idocdes
gota911,
how did you install "on top" of gas pedal, foot rest?

Also, i have read other links regarding the metal foot pedals being slippery with leather soled shoes. Any recommendations(from anyone) on which of the finishes are best?
The pedals I bought came with double sided tape to allow you to position the pedals properly and the tape holds them in place so you can drill through the mounting holes with the pedals in place. You could also use a pair of "spring clamps" to hold them in place temporarily.

Dead Pedal - I removed the rubber OEM dead pedal (one screw) and then on the workbench aligned the aluminum pedal and drilled two holes. Make sure you offset the aluminum pedal up a little so you don't drill in the same location as the OEM mounting screw. I re-installed the dead pedal, then used two small screws (I think they were #6 x 1/2" purchased at Lowe's Hardware) to secure aluminum pedal to the OEM pedal.

Gas Pedal - I did NOT remove OEM gas pedal. I simply aligned the aluminum pedal, held it in place with the tape (or spring clamps) and drilled two holes into the OEM pedal, using the aluminum holes as a guide. I then used two small screws to secure the aluminum pedal to the OEM pedal.

My pedals are smooth and they do not have rubber inserts. I really have not had any issues with my foot slipping off of the pedals. The Ultimate Pedals come in four finishes (two smooth and two anti-slip) and also offer two types of rubber inserts, domed top and flat top. So you can get any one of 12 different pedal combinations. Check out the link below.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo...oducts_id=2761

Their site does say that the smooth finishes (without rubber inserts) are not recommended for the brake pedals. If I have any problems with slipping in the future, I will order some rubber inserts for the brake and clutch pedals.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would probably be intereseted in a set of these. Can you email me at tgriggs@plainsxp.com when you know how many orders, and what the price and such will be?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
MikeRosen
Instructor

Quick question:

I looked at the "before group buy" prices for the brake pedal and then the brake+clutch pedals. Both showed the same price. Is that correct?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MikeRosen
Quick question:

I looked at the "before group buy" prices for the brake pedal and then the brake+clutch pedals. Both showed the same price. Is that correct?
Mike - There are 4 primary pedal selections
1. Foot Rest Pedal
2. Brake pedal only (for a Tiptronic)
3. Brake and clutch pedals (for a Manual transmission)
4. Gas pedal (they offer 3 different versions) a) Regular, b) Heal/Toe extension entire left side, c) Heal/Toe extension lower left side

So to answer your question, yes, the brake only (for a Tip) and the brake and clutch (Manual) pricing is the same. There is probably about the same amount of material in each of these selections, so the same pricing makes sense.

BTY, I am not affiliated in any way with Ultimate Pedals. I did a lot of research & comparisons when I was getting ready to buy mine. If the Group Buy had been in effect 3 weeks ago, I would have purchased these pedals.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested, but is there a way I can find out before the order is charged to my CC what the discount tier will be. I would definitely buy them at the 35% discount but not as likely at the lower discount tiers.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for including all of your mounting tips Tim, great suggestions.

After researching other pedals, I was about to place an order with Ultimate Pedals when the group buy popped up (timing worked for me, sorry to hear you were ahead of the curve ). I sent in my g.b. order this morning for 4 pedals - I went with the frosted anti-slip with the plugs, but I asked for the plugs to be shipped uninstalled. I prefer the look without the plugs, but if there is an issue I can install them later (a simple install).

I'm a newbie to this board. I have found everyone's suggestions and comments very helpful ....unfortunately far too many good ideas for someone who had no intention of making any mods to his car.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:06 PM
MikeRosen
Instructor

I'm in. Just ordered.

Quick Reply: Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals