Finalizing my order - need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Finalizing my order - need advice

Hi Folks,

I've pretty much sorted out my order but am hoping to get some guidance on a couple of items:

Bose: I am not an audiophile - generally just listen to the news or the six cylinder symphony. Do I need it? Will I wish I had it when I sell someday? My dealer says don't bother, but everyone seems to have it - makes me wonder.

TPMS: Have it on my daily driver and it has never once kicked it, perhaps due to the warm Floirida weather. Is this a must have?

Wheels: I am debating bettween The Carrera Classic, Sport Design and Carrera Sport. Have only seen the Classics in person and they look fine. Sport Designs look sharp but perhaps tough to clean. Carrera Sport look like the spokes might protrude a bit, making curb rash more likely. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance - you folks have been tremendously helpful and I am planning to place my order tomorrow once I finalize these last few items.

Regards,

Steve
Old 02-26-2006, 09:59 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

It's all subjective, but IMO, skip the Bose. The regular system is fine and besides, real Hi-Fi is incongruous in a sports car. As for TPMS; in a high performance car with high cornering Gs, no spare tyre, and a very short 19" sidewall to visually give you reference to pressure, I think it's a must. The wheel option is the most subjective decision of all. I ordered black lobsters on mine, and I guess if it's black then the detail of the spokes and patterns is of much less importance. If I hadn't ordered black then I might have gone with the Classics. But only just - they all look pretty good. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Get the Bose and the TPMS. Both would be tough if not impossible to add later. Wheels are just a matter of preference, personally I like the Carrera Sports.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Hi Steve,,,
I love the Classic wheels and they are the easiest to clean.
I say definite Yes on the Bose, No on the TPMS - I think it is a nice gadget but it is not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination.
What did you decide in terms of model and colors?
Enjoy!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Baring a last minute change of heart, going with a C2S in speed yellow, Dave. Must be my Boston roots! :-)

Steve
Old 02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jack's dad
Baring a last minute change of heart, going with a C2S in speed yellow, Dave. Must be my Boston roots! :-)

Steve
Speed Yellow! Good man.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

speed yellow is cool

signal yellow looks cool as well (paint to sample) click to see
Old 02-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icon
That's a nice hue too.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:28 PM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

The TPMS is not a must have and I would opt for the Classics. I like the classics myself especially if you are going to be the one cleaning the wheels. As far as the Bose goes, I like it. However, if you aren't into these things you can skip it. I'd do a comparison test first to see how the standard stacks up to the upgraded Bose. One thing you should also keep in mind is that out of these three options the Bose system will help you the most at resale time (unless you are trading it in to a dealer in which case you are going to get screwed no matter what).
Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 PM
tkids
Pro

Just ordered my Pcar. I am not into the tunes like I use to be, it is either talk radio or the sound of the engine, so I skipped the Bose. I originally went without the TMPS, then after reading this board for a while, I decided that since these cars have no spares that I would like to know ASAP so I can find a safe place to fiddle with the goo or wait for a tow truck. Regarding the wheels, gotta go with what you like! Get Jack in the equation with a multiple choice!!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Hi Steve, go with the Bose I think you will like it. In any event very difficult to add afetmarket so think about it. Make sure you get Sport Chrono, it's not that expensive and adds a lot to the performance. Lastly get the Carrera Classic wheels. As Dave pointed out, easy to clean and they look sharp. TPMS a gaget. Get it only if you can't live without it.

Good luck with your order.

Jay
Old 02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

let's face it, the sound quality of the standard speakers won't be absolutely horrible. Technology has come a long way, the dtandard speakers are likely equivalent to what was premium sound on 964's/993's....
Old 02-27-2006, 01:00 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Bose, hacking into the MOST system for future stereo upgrades is scary at best. Plus maybe you'll start listening to music later. TPMS because of the lack of spare.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

I chose Carrera Classics because I will not be getting ceramic brakes and I wanted wheels that were easy to clean. I think you are going to get curb rash with any wheel if you do a lot of parallel parking. Fortunately in Las Vegas, this is not a problem.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:50 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icruze
One thing you should also keep in mind is that out of these three options the Bose system will help you the most at resale time (unless you are trading it in to a dealer in which case you are going to get screwed no matter what).
this is bs!
sure if you retail the car yourself you can make more money.
after all you can ask for and sometimes get retail.
if you trade it in to a dealer you are trading it in at wholesale!
why would they take a trade at the price they are going to sell it for?
they give wholesale and sell for retail thus making a profit and paying their bills.

Quick Reply: Finalizing my order - need advice