Sponsored by:

Finalizing my order - need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:41 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texas911
Get the Bose, hacking into the MOST system for future stereo upgrades is scary at best. Plus maybe you'll start listening to music later. TPMS because of the lack of spare.
Question: I knew the Bose used the MOST system, which pretty much all agree is difficult, if not impossible, to hack into. But I did not know the standard 911 stereo used the MOST system also. Is this true?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Rave
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose the classic Carrera wheels and I have now washed my car twice and saved valuable time. Fussy wheels don't look so good after a couple of years. Get the Bose.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:51 PM
eric997florida
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately get the Bose system - this can not be retrofitted and for the majority of younger people this is a must. If I had my choice between two cars one with and one without it I would pay a premium for the one with the Bose. Sports cars and decent sound systems go hand in hand.

TPMS is just a gimick to me, in my opinion you dont really need it. Spend the money on items that will make your car different such as exclusive leather options or different rims in the future.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:00 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bose - Yes
Classics - Yes
TPMS - skip it
Old 02-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts - great insights! Will place my order tomorrow.

Steve

PS: Once I place my order next step will be to renew my membership. I did belong here for years but let my membership expire when I sold my 993. Then both mistakes will be rectified.

Last edited by Jack's dad; 02-28-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

PS: Once I place my order next step will be to renew my membership. I did belong here for years but let my membership expire when I sold my 993. Then both mistakes will be rectified.

Whoa, don't say that. I'm about to sell my 993 to make the downpayment on my soon to arrive 997!...... P.S. you didn't mention if you were getting PSE or not.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

By mistake, I was referring to going Porscheless and then letting my Rennlist membership expire. I loved my 993, but I do not consider moving from a 993 to a 997 a mistake. I wouldn't be getting a 997 if I thought it was...
Old 02-28-2006, 05:27 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack's dad
By mistake, I was referring to going Porscheless and then letting my Rennlist membership expire. I loved my 993, but I do not consider moving from a 993 to a 997 a mistake. I wouldn't be getting a 997 if I thought it was...
Phew! had me worried there. On that note, however, I do love my 993.....then again, I also have loved what timeI've had behind the wheel of a 997. You still didn't mention PSE or not.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:05 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I believe even the non Bose system uses MOST. Its all in the headunit. And there is no difference btw the Bose and non Bose headunit.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:16 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack's dad
Hi Folks,

I've pretty much sorted out my order but am hoping to get some guidance on a couple of items:

Bose: I am not an audiophile - generally just listen to the news or the six cylinder symphony. Do I need it? Will I wish I had it when I sell someday? My dealer says don't bother, but everyone seems to have it - makes me wonder.

TPMS: Have it on my daily driver and it has never once kicked it, perhaps due to the warm Floirida weather. Is this a must have?

Wheels: I am debating bettween The Carrera Classic, Sport Design and Carrera Sport. Have only seen the Classics in person and they look fine. Sport Designs look sharp but perhaps tough to clean. Carrera Sport look like the spokes might protrude a bit, making curb rash more likely. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance - you folks have been tremendously helpful and I am planning to place my order tomorrow once I finalize these last few items.

Regards,

Steve
My 2 cents from someone who just took delivery this month:

Bose - I'm not impressed. Overall I'm sure it is better than the stock, but it won't make you say "wow" and therefore is one you could skip without remorse. It would be costly to add it later though.

TPMS - it will be standard on next years models, and it is hella fun to watch your real-time tire pressure changes. It would also be WAY more to add after the fact. Is it worth the cost? - No

Wheels - Definitely the carrera classics. It is easier to clean the spokes, but more importantly it is easier to clean the calipers and the inside of the rims, so if you want those shiny red calipers to stay that way (assuming you are getting an S) then I'd say it is the must own wheel. I also consider it to be a real bargain too.

Quick Reply: Finalizing my order - need advice