Sponsored by:

Where's the 911? Who Cares?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

All I can say is...better than a 911???
Cayman my *** - wait a minute, I don't mean it like that.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:34 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Cayman my *** - wait a minute, I don't mean it like that.
Is it just the amount of beer I've had tonight, or is that not one of the funniest things you've ever heard in your life?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:27 AM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the Ben, Beer. Hic!

tino
Old 02-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's the beer
you found my waldo cartoon funny too
Old 02-25-2006, 09:16 AM
MMD
Banned

Default Image problems are the solution

Cayman is a "wussy" car. Thanks for letting me say it. I don't reeeeeally believe that I have a great deal of respect for the Boxster. What I mean is if you were in a group of people (car buffs) and you said, "cayman is a wussy, like Porsche with panties" 90 percent of the people in the room wouldprivately to themselves admit they agreed that the statement had some sense to it.

My point: the IMAGE is the thing and the carrera and the Cayman are very different. Therefore no car mag "journalist" is gonna change people's minds for along time to come.

Need more proof? If you said the Carerra was a wussy compared to the CGT? It wouldn't make much sense. very few people would "agree" with THAT statement. Weird, these humans.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:30 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Just some clueless journalist, not even worth my time to read.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by robbonds
problem with the cayman is its not a convertible...the box s is a great car (i had 1) - it might be slightly more fun to drive than the 997s cab - but overall - handsdown the 997s cab is a winner..

i think to really distinguish the lineup - the 997s should have the x51 standard - giving almost 100 extra hp over the cayman.

just me $.02
I think you really missed the point. I'm not trying to start anything here but the reason for the Cayman is to be fixed top mid engine vehicle. I can see by your avitar that you own a Cab. That's great but there are a lot of Porsche guys like me who want a rigid ride that only a coupe can provide. That is the rational behind the Cayman.
As for the the X51, the 997s does not need the extra HP to distinguish itself from the the Cayman. They are completely different cars at very different pricepoints.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:58 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
Cayman is a "wussy" car. Thanks for letting me say it. I don't reeeeeally believe that I have a great deal of respect for the Boxster. What I mean is if you were in a group of people (car buffs) and you said, "cayman is a wussy, like Porsche with panties" 90 percent of the people in the room wouldprivately to themselves admit they agreed that the statement had some sense to it.

My point: the IMAGE is the thing and the carrera and the Cayman are very different. Therefore no car mag "journalist" is gonna change people's minds for along time to come.

Need more proof? If you said the Carerra was a wussy compared to the CGT? It wouldn't make much sense. very few people would "agree" with THAT statement. Weird, these humans.
Hope you're wearing your Flame-Proof panties, 'cuz you're asking for some serious heat with that loaded comment!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:03 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
If you said the Carerra was a wussy compared to the CGT? It wouldn't make much sense. very few people would "agree" with THAT statement.
i think your comments are more referring to the price of the car then the performance.
and i love 997's but i will admit it is wussy compared to a cgt in performance.
so i don't agree with anything you have said in this post.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by MMD

Wussy car - I you are entitled to your opinion but I disagree.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:21 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Originally Posted by MMD
the IMAGE is the thing
The problem with "image" is that it varies from person to person. Some people see Porsche owners as poseur snobs with little sex organs. Ever hear the one about the mouse, the elephant and the Porsche? Others see us as driving enthusiasts. My gonads are big enough that I don't care what others think. As for the article, while I love my Cayman I also love the 997 and don't see any need to dump on either car.

Alan
Old 02-26-2006, 06:30 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
The problem with "image" is that it varies from person to person. Some people see Porsche owners as poseur snobs with little sex organs. Ever hear the one about the mouse, the elephant and the Porsche? Others see us as driving enthusiasts. My gonads are big enough that I don't care what others think. As for the article, while I love my Cayman I also love the 997 and don't see any need to dump on either car.

Alan
hey this is the 997 forum!
no ***** cayman owners allowed!

just kidding!
but please dont tell us anything else about the size of your nads or how little your sex organ is!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:55 AM
MMD
Banned

Again, I personally and honestly do NOT think Cayman or Boxster is a "wussy car." I was merely saying if someone made that comment comparing it to the Carrera every car-guy in the room would privately kinda agree with it, or think there was some sense to it.

Heck maybe it is just HP, would be hard to say that about Cayman if the succka had 400hp.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:58 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Originally Posted by MMD
Heck maybe it is just HP, would be hard to say that about Cayman if the succka had 400hp.
I think you hit the nail on the head and that is exactly why Porsche didn't put a 3.6 or 3.8 motor in the Cayman. They like the allegedly higher profit margins on 911 sales.

The Carrera was never an aspirational car to me and I looked at both without any "image" considerations. For my use on tight back roads I found the Cayman to handle a little better and have more than enough power but I can easily see why others would prefer the 911. My friend needs the back seats and is getting another Carrera 4S. I could have saved money by buying a C4S instead of my Cayman and a 330xi. Those who only see my Cayman will figure I couldn't afford a Carrera. People who know me won't think twice. That is why I don't put much stock in "image".

Alan
Old 02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Truble10
I think you really missed the point. I'm not trying to start anything here but the reason for the Cayman is to be fixed top mid engine vehicle. I can see by your avitar that you own a Cab. That's great but there are a lot of Porsche guys like me who want a rigid ride that only a coupe can provide. That is the rational behind the Cayman.
As for the the X51, the 997s does not need the extra HP to distinguish itself from the the Cayman. They are completely different cars at very different pricepoints.

i didnt miss the point..i was just giving my opinion..ive never driven a cayman but i really enjoyed by 02 box s..im sure the cayman is quicker and handles atleast as well...they are all great cars...most people buy what they feel comfortable spending..4yrs ago i felt comfortable spendning 55k...last month i felt comfortable spending 90k...thats why porsche has an option in many different price points

Quick Reply: Where's the 911? Who Cares?