Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's the 911? Who Cares?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:03 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I want to hear the one about the mouse, the elephant and the Porsche.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:45 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The "Joke"

Stupid:

http://www.thehumorarchives.com/humor/0000627.html

tino
Old 02-26-2006, 09:17 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
I think you hit the nail on the head and that is exactly why Porsche didn't put a 3.6 or 3.8 motor in the Cayman. They like the allegedly higher profit margins on 911 sales.

i think it's more they don't want to cannibalize their sales!
same with the boxster!

The Carrera was never an aspirational car to me and I looked at both without any "image" considerations. For my use on tight back roads I found the Cayman to handle a little better and have more than enough power but I can easily see why others would prefer the 911. My friend needs the back seats and is getting another Carrera 4S.

needs the back seat for what? they won't hold much as far as passengers go!

I could have saved money by buying a C4S instead of my Cayman and a 330xi. Those who only see my Cayman will figure I couldn't afford a Carrera.

i dont think this would be correct. most people wouldnt even know the dif! but you did just make sure to let us know you could afford one

People who know me won't think twice. That is why I don't put much stock in "image".
Alan
i know what you mean about image! i'm not worried about mine either! when people see me in my 997 they dont know about the enzo, cgt, veryon, f430 spider, murcielago, gallardo spider, and a few others back at the house and they think i'm poor! i've even been offered food!
some people are just so shallow!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:53 PM
OCBen
Banned

Thanks Tino. .. You're right, it was lame but worth a read.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soltino
I heard it the other way around- The mouse falls in first and the elephant saves him with his dick. The elephant falls into a hunters trap many years later- The mouse comes along in his 911 having gone off to the big city and made a lot on money. He pulls the elephant out.

Moral: If you have a 911 you don't need a big dick !
Old 02-27-2006, 02:01 PM
OCBen
Banned

I like this version better. It's actually funny!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USCHANDPOD
From the L.A. times today:

L.A times article

Where's the 911? Who cares?
With Cayman S, Porsche puts the engine dead-center -- right where the 911's should be.
DAN NEIL

LET'S be clear. The rear of the car is no place for an engine.

I know there are a few Porsche 911 moonies now snapping off their rubber gloves and leaping to their keyboards to fire off a strongly worded dissent — "Ginger! Reschedule Mr. Thomas' 9 a.m. root canal!" But the fact is the rear-engine configuration — the hallowed architecture of the Porsche 911, the winningest car in endurance racing — has been rendered finally, utterly, typewriter-ribbon obsolete.

I would not have thought the ultimate 911 slayer would have a Porsche badge on it, but after spending a week in the Porsche Cayman S — the hardtop version of the Boxster S, though it's so much more — I am flummoxed as to why anyone would spend an extra $11,000 (or more likely, a lot more) on a 911 when the exotically fastbacked Cayman S is nearly as quick in a straight line and immeasurably more fun in a crooked one.

CONTINUED AT THE HYPERLINK (ABOVE)
To quote Jeremy Clarkson, the Cayman S should really be called the Cockster.

I like the Cayman, but the 911 is still the king in my book.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But I ask in an almost serious tone....

Am I the only one looking at the family line up, discounting the SUV, and see the striking family resemblence from Boxster to Carrera GT to Cayman?
Take a look at the Carrera GT it definitley has more of a design kinship to boxster with haunches, etc. than to Carrera; and I think everyone would admit that Boxster, Cayman could be better cars but Porsche dumbs them down to keep them from seriously competing with the flagship....

I saw a Farnbacher Loles ad in my local PCA rag and the Carrera GT sitting with the Cayman share some definite design connections. Is Porsche going to ebventually treat mid engines more competitively in the future but are weening big spenders slowly from their rear engine loves?

I don't know but time will tell.

Quick Reply: Where's the 911? Who Cares?