Sponsored by:

Option 666: GSM Phone Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:16 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ahhhh, got it Lori. ... Devil In My Car

That must have been an early album. Never heard of it. The only album I had of theirs was the one with Roam and Love Shack I believe, which I've lost somewhere. Loved the harmony of those gals' voices, especially in Roam.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:19 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ahhhh, got it Lori. ... Devil In My Car

That must have been an early album. Never heard of it. The only album I had of theirs was the one with Roam and Love Shack I believe, which I've lost somewhere. Loved the harmony of those gals' voices, especially in Roam.
You guessed it. Were you able to listen to the audio clip? That came out in 1980.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:23 AM
OCBen
Banned

Yeah, just did. It reminds me of Rock Lobster with that trill vocal sound. Is that why you said I was close when I guessed Rock Lobster?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Sunshine
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
Yeah, just did. It reminds me of Rock Lobster with that trill vocal sound. Is that why you said I was close when I guessed Rock Lobster?
No, but now that you mentioned it, you're right. It's the trill. OMG, we are like so hijacking this thread. Sorry guys. ,
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 AM
OCBen
Banned

Well, usually after a topic has been exhausted there is residual interest in some of the tangential comments that were made. This is usually where we have some light fun in this forum, without worrying about the OT Police breaking up the party.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:38 PM
tkids
Pro

It is my understanding that it works with GSM based phones. Is that correct? That would leave out CDMA based phone companies out of luck. Like Verizon. Am I way off here??
Old 02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
OCBen
Banned

You are correct, sir. ... er, I mean kids.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 102 Posts

Update:

I took the car in today, and the problem was the phone was set to 'Europe'. Once the phone was set to USA (North America) viola intant working. A couple of side notes to those who have read the older posts:

I am using Cingular and the current 64K card with absoultely no problems. There was note in the past that 32K cards were required.

The network reads Cingular and not ATT

The phone is amazing. The sound quality is better/clearer, and I get more signal bars than the Razr in the same location. (as a result for me at least, the phone would be better than any blue tooth solution).

I ended up getting an extra line and will leave the SIM in the car all the time, and through cingular apparently I can call forward for 'free' (well at least that is what they tell me), that way I do not have to keep popping out/in the SIM card.

And to Rhhanholts, thanks for the contact, I did call him and he mentioned the same solution. (there is nothing under the seat, one has to enter the PiWiS system in the PCM and through that switch the phone's operation to North America, so it has to be done at the dealer).
Old 02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Your dealer did a lousy job of PDI like I said. Give him hell for your troubles.

Yes, absolutely one of the best mobile phones you'll ever own!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
mquattrone
7th Gear

I just had this option installed and I have to say that so far, I am not impressed. All of my callers complain that they hear what sounds like wind noise. When the car is sitting still they say it sounds okay but as soon as the car starts to move they hear that noise. Also, I don't like that I only hear the caller from the front right side speaker.

Should I take it back to the dealer for a once over or is this the norm?

Michael
2006 C4S Cab
Old 02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by mquattrone
I just had this option installed and I have to say that so far, I am not impressed. All of my callers complain that they hear what sounds like wind noise. When the car is sitting still they say it sounds okay but as soon as the car starts to move they hear that noise. Also, I don't like that I only hear the caller from the front right side speaker.

Should I take it back to the dealer for a once over or is this the norm?

Michael
2006 C4S Cab
I'm assuming the "wind noise" or noise they hear is happening with your windows up, because if it happened with the windows down it would be a no-brainer to try it with the windows up. So I would say this is not normal at all. I'd have the dealer check it out for you.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Right (passenger) speaker is the norm and the unit is functioning corectly.

Quick Reply: Option 666: GSM Phone Question