I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab! - Page 34 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Old 06-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Rossi
User

Originally Posted by alan111 View Post
Hi Christian,

You only need 4 parts including the Sirius/XM tuner.

1) SIRIUS/XM TUNER: 7L5910563 / 7L5 910 563

2) MOST/ELECTRICAL HARNESS: 955.044.900.80 - you can get it from your dealer.

3) SAT RADIO ANTENNA: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E7WI0O

4) SAT RADIO ANTENNA SPLITTER: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002GOH42
Are these the same parts for 2009+ 3.0 PCM units??? (Or is this only for PCM 2.1.)

Last edited by Rossi; 06-19-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:19 PM
Rossi
User

^^^^^^ I seems that I found the answer .... which is NOPE :-(

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-reversed.html

Last edited by Rossi; 07-01-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:29 PM
MrClifton
User

I just purchased the parts necessary to install Sirius radio in my recently acquired 2007 997. I have no CD changer and no navigation. I believe I can handle the installation with the three page download that I have from Renntech. The instructions make no mention of the necessity to go to the dealer and have the car re-programmed to recognize the new unit. Other posts say this is necessary. Can you shed some light please? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2018, 06:22 PM
JustinCase
User

Originally Posted by MrClifton View Post
I just purchased the parts necessary to install Sirius radio in my recently acquired 2007 997. I have no CD changer and no navigation. I believe I can handle the installation with the three page download that I have from Renntech. The instructions make no mention of the necessity to go to the dealer and have the car re-programmed to recognize the new unit. Other posts say this is necessary. Can you shed some light please? Thanks!
I installed the Cayenne OEM XM receiver in my 2008 C2S Cab based on similar instructions and did not have to do anything other than transfer my XM service from another car I was selling. I only noted one major issue: I originally mounted my Sirius/XM antenna under the cowling per the instructions, but got highly intermittent and pretty terrible reception. I ascribe this to living in the Pacific Northwest and *always* having trees and/or mountains blocking my signal. I got another magnetic antenna with a long cable and tried it in different locations all over the car. I empirically discovered the best, most consistent reception (rivaling my wife's factory Sirius XM reception) came from mounting the magnetic antenna to the top of the windshield frame and running the cable under the weather stripping. In a partially successful attempt to make it look more "factory," I painted it Midnight Blue Metallic with a Clearcoat. I have since operated the cab top hundreds of times with no apparent wear or failure of the wire. Again, no trip to my dealer was necessary, but I already had the CD player in the trunk, which I still use.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: