Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Los Angeles - New Year's Morning Meet & Drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 02:09 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Default Los Angeles - New Year's Morning Meet & Drive

Does anyone know any details about the annual New Year's Morning "Hangover Run" in Los Angeles? I know in years past a large group of exotic cars gathered at the parking lot up at Pepperdine University in Malibu. And last year wasn't there a meeting spot at the Trancas Market, too? And didn't things wind up at Paramount Ranch on Kanan Road?

If anyone knows any specifics on the 1/1/06 assembly point and what time - please post!
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:17 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Sounds like a great idea... Keep an eye on the 993 forum as well. Those cool cats usually organize a cool ride.
Old 12-18-2005 | 05:56 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Default From another forum..

From Ferrarichat.
The poster said this info was from last year, so I would check to see if this run is a go for this NYday or not.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=197335

Here we go again!
8 am New Years Day
TRE Motorsports, Inc
11046 Chandler Bl
North Hollywood, Ca 91601
Coffee and Donuts (subject to availability- 125 cars last year!)

Leave about 9 am- go thru the Hollywood Hills, drop down to 101 North to Las Virgenes Road (Malibu Canyon) to meet with our northern contingent at Starbucks in the Creekside Shopping Center , 26531 Agoura Road and Las Virgenes (yes they are open at 6 am on New Years!)

From there its off thru the hills , up PCH, back thru the hills to meet the Hangover Rally (older cars) for the picnic BYOB- Bring Your Own Basket!
Old 12-22-2005 | 04:45 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Default The latest on the TRE run..

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=256826
Old 12-22-2005 | 08:11 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

In years past a large group of exotic cars (from antiques to Lambros) gathered in the parking lot at Pepperdine University on New Year's Morning. This is different from the TRE troops, who are more about fast driving on Jan 1, thus the high-speed romp across Mullholland from NoHo to Calabasis.
I believe last year the Pepperdine group changed venues and gathered in the large parking lot at PCH and Trancas on New Year's Morning and then caravaned up to Paramount Ranch (Kanan) for an impromptu, no-host picnic lunch. There were a lot of cars...not just Porsches.
I believe things get started early at Trancas, but there is a Starbucks there.
Old 12-24-2005 | 01:26 PM
ArthurY
Track Day

[QUOTE=Leader And didn't things wind up at Paramount Ranch on Kanan Road?[/QUOTE]

This past Wednesday (12/21), early afternoon, I drove from PCH to the 101 on an almost empty Kanan Rd. In that distance I saw FIVE cops (one on motorcycle) at different points on the side of the road, just waiting and watching. I think some were using radar.
Old 12-24-2005 | 05:33 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Default Lentil Soup Run

Info from a user on the FerrariChat board says that it starts at 10AM at Pepperdine.
He is forwarding me the info and I will post it when I receive it.
Old 12-24-2005 | 06:26 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

The 10AM at Pepperdine thing sounds much more "civilized," especially on New Year's Morning.
JSMDMD - please share what your Ferrari friend sends you.
Old 12-24-2005 | 10:43 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Default More info...

Found out more info re the Lentil Soup Run.
You only have to sign up if you want to have the soup and lunch that follows the run.
Soup is served in a park in the Santa Monica Mountains, with lunch to follow at the hosts home.
I have a phone number of the coordinator of the event, and I will give her a call either tomorrow or Monday. I will give more details after I contact her.
It sounds like a fun event!
Old 12-26-2005 | 08:41 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Default The latest news..

So, here is the latest news.
The Lentil Soup Run is filled to capacity at 60 cars.
We have a few other choices.
The group from Ferrarichat is talking about meeting the TRE group at Gelsons in Calabasas at 930 to drive down to Malibu through the canyons.
Then we could have lunch afterwards.
I will keep you posted. It looks like a fun drive.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=256826
Old 12-26-2005 | 11:05 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Default The latest...

Ok. Here is the latest....... again!
The group from FerrariChat is planning to meet at the Village Coffee Roaster in Woodland Hills at 9AM, and we will meet the TRE group when it gets to their stop in Calabasas if that is the consensus of the group. If not, we may just go off on our own for a drive down to Malibu, through the hills, etc.
At least we will have some options. For those who do not want to go with the Ferrari group, they can still make it to Gelsons in Calabasas by 930 to meet the TPE group at that stop for their run.

Here is the link for the Village Coffee Roaster.
VSR had a great meet every 4th Sunday for Eurocars. Lots of nice cars, nice people, and good coffee too! It is like a SFV Crystal Cove meeting.

http://villagecoffeeroaster.com/

Quick Reply: Los Angeles - New Year's Morning Meet & Drive